• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rising interest rate.....property owner headache????

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holding cash is never good, holding fully paid property has better returns and capital appreciation.

This is what people say & that is why I hold little cash & have most of my money invested in shares.
I live in the only property I own, my home. I'm looking into buying property overseas but as a 2nd home & not as an investment. Still thinking about it.

I don't want to be a landlord because some of friends & my relatives are landlords & they tell me that it does come with some headaches.
Really Depends on whether you want the hassles of dealing with tenants?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what do you think of living in tasmania?
cheap house, fresh air (but high UV index)?
will you consider?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
still good can sell the shares, i am super dumb.

bought so much shares and then convert some of my currency to MRY before sgd:myr 1:3 now.

sai.

I used to worry about the "what ifs". Had many regrets on lost investment oppurtunities:o
Investing is a long term endeavor. You'll only know how successful you are when you are older & can see how much $ you have. Who knows in a few years time the ringgit may appreciate & even out do the Spore $:confused:

I am still hanging on to my ringgit & Malaysian shares. Probably use the ringgit to buy more Malaysian shares.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The math is not possible unless he struck inheritance, 4d or their 3 kids only need water to live.

Yes, I know what you mean.... Especially on to be able to afford the down payment. Maybe he did receive a sum of inheritance, or strike 4d.

Some friends will tell you the good part, some will tell you the jialat part, in this case, he is telling me the jialat part. No need to ask too much or dig deeper. If they want to tell you or need a listen ear, they will tell you. If not, just enjoy the company and friendship. You can only give your point of view on what's the available info they provide even if they choose to omit.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well losses about 75k..even what i earned in this 3 year...45k..also not enough to cover my paper losses.

75k is about 15% year to date.
I guess with the dividend taken at last not too painful.

Have you consider to average on those that counters that have taken the biggest hit?.
Maybe not now, but at a later point. Just a thought there.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
75k is about 15% year to date.
I guess with the dividend taken at last not too painful.

Have you consider to average on those that counters that have taken the biggest hit?.
Maybe not now, but at a later point. Just a thought there.

today the losses is piling up.

anyway, has planned to hold super long term. currently not intended to average down.

at first i didn invest much, didn throw so much money in shares, ended up keep averaging down. now all money stuck in shares.

leave limited cash, so has to plan well for my cash.

thank you