• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Punggol WP Supporter: “Irresponsible” Lee Li Lian is a “Big Disappointment”

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is pulling the whole party down with her decision.

489redwire_singapore_lee_.jpg

I find it a big disappointment that Lee Li Lian refused to accept her NCMP nomination even though I respect her decision to choose so.

As someone who voted for her in the GE, it’s very disheartening to know that my vote counts for nothing.

If the ELD doesn’t accept Daniel Goh as a new option, then there will be one less opposition voice in parliament.

I think all this must have been clear at the start that, so for the WP to talk about how important it is for more opposition voices to be in parliament to make sure the PAP doesn’t “ownself check ownself” and after that let a chance like that slip by, I find it unsincere.

If you can’t juggle a job and NCMP duties, which are lesser than the duty of a full MP and much less than a Minister plus MP, then how can I trust you and send you to parliament in the next election?

When the going was good, you took the MP role, when times are tough, you don’t want to stay with us and fight.

All the promises have come to nothing and now we are left with Charles Chong.

What happens now to the half of Punggol that doesn’t want him around?

I’m just feeling very betrayed because I found her very sincere and approachable, and willing to go beyond for us, but when the aristocrats tell us we must vote for people of “calibre” I’m beginning to think they might be right.

I haven’t swung yet to that corner yet, but you can call me a swing voter for now.

Hopefully Daniel will get in and he will be more responsible.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why bother, I would turn down the NCMP role too if I were her. There is no coverage from MSM on her contributions in parliament and it penalizes her own future and family. Afterall, >60% of the residents voted against having her in parliament. Singaporeans can eat shit and die on their own. It's every man for himself now.

Last edited:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Li Lian had a far better parliament attendance record than Charles Chong, and she also gave far more speeches in paliament than Charles Chong.

In the previous parliament, Charles Chong had an absentee rate of 7.32 while LLL had an absentee rate of 2.44

MPs-absent-at-Parliament-2011-2014.png

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12019801_966678376726828_7162172850576691988_n.jpg

The Alternative View
WP and SDP must decline NCMP seats: Reader's Contribution

This is an appeal to Workers Party and SDP to refuse the NCMP seats offered as part of the PAP's political strategy to assure voters of opposition representation in Parliament.

Singaporeans have to wake up to the fact that it's a case of 'either' and not 'or'.

You have to vote for an alternative voice to get representation, period. You don't get any if you don't exercise your power to choose.

Many Singaporeans are shocked by the number of voters who voted for the PAP out of fear ... fear of a freak result that would unseat them.

Singaporeans must also know that we have to fear the fact that we could end up with no alternative voice in Parliament. This is a bigger fear.

We have to up the ante. It's either you vote for the alternative or you get none. We cannot accept an alternative offered by the PAP that has no voting rights.

I sincerely hope the Opposition refuse the NCMP seats to help Singaporeans realise the consequences of their votes.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
12019801_966678376726828_7162172850576691988_n.jpg

The Alternative View
WP and SDP must decline NCMP seats: Reader's Contribution

This is an appeal to Workers Party and SDP to refuse the NCMP seats offered as part of the PAP's political strategy to assure voters of opposition representation in Parliament.

Singaporeans have to wake up to the fact that it's a case of 'either' and not 'or'.

You have to vote for an alternative voice to get representation, period. You don't get any if you don't exercise your power to choose.

Many Singaporeans are shocked by the number of voters who voted for the PAP out of fear ... fear of a freak result that would unseat them.

Singaporeans must also know that we have to fear the fact that we could end up with no alternative voice in Parliament. This is a bigger fear.

We have to up the ante. It's either you vote for the alternative or you get none. We cannot accept an alternative offered by the PAP that has no voting rights.

I sincerely hope the Opposition refuse the NCMP seats to help Singaporeans realise the consequences of their votes.

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Totally turning down NCMP is a boycott. You will be questioned why you didn't boycott GRCs also, and then you might as well boycott the whole election. In a way, NCMP is the closest we have to proportional representation, where the minority 30% have more representation than the 6 out of 89 they elected.

Accepting NCMP wholesale is also detrimental. WP (and many opposition parties) don't stand for it.

The key is to strike a balance in the face of NCMPs, which WP is doing right. In other words opposition should take NCMP on their own terms. Lilian was voted out, not some new face who lost. Not taking NCMP is right. Gerald Giam is also right to take NCMP for only one term. Second time still lose, let others take.

People have short memories. After 2011, people made the same call to reject NCMPs. Lina Chiam (SPP) did not heed. Later, many so-called opposition supporters used Mrs Chiam's performance in parliament to put down WP elected MPs, forgetting that she was NCMP and WP ones are mostly elected MPs (except 2).

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lee Li Lian made the right decision and I support her.

If you want LLL to be in Parliament, you JOLLY WELL FUCKING VOTE FOR HER.

You cannot expect to vote PAP, and then expect to have LLL serve you and represent your voice.

IF YOU WANT OPPO YOU GOD DAMN FUCKING VOTE OPPO.

You voted in PAP, now you want LLL to represent you. Balls to you. LLL has every right to step away. She is respecting those PAP voters who voted for the PAP side.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is why Dr Chee has so much respect from the people..

and PAP low life fear him...

Why not give to Dr Chee, see if he accept it.

Never trust a woman who hold positions, look at ho ching.. Totally screwed up all your cpf money.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kan nin nah CB. These few days I sibei tulan. Every time I hear people say they want oppo to continue working for them, I will be damn pissed.

You voted PAP and want oppo to work for you. Lanjiao understand. Want to have your cake and eat it too? Fuck you.

You want opposition to represent you, you jolly well vote oppo.

Bunch of Sinkie cowards.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why Dr Chee has so much respect from the people..

and PAP low life fear him...

Why not give to Dr Chee, see if he accept it.

Never trust a woman who hold positions, look at ho ching.. Totally screwed up all your cpf money.

It's just a hypothesis. SDP won't be able to get NCMP even if WP gives up. For Chee to be given NCMP, it means the others in East Coast, followed by Koh Choong Yong, Marine Parade and Bernard Chen, have to give way. I think by the time East Coast gives way, parliament will not offer any more NCMP, not even to Koh Choong Yong.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's just a hypothesis. SDP won't be able to get NCMP even if WP gives up. For Chee to be given NCMP, it means the others in East Coast, followed by Koh Choong Yong, Marine Parade and Bernard Chen, have to give way. I think by the time East Coast gives way, parliament will not offer any more NCMP, not even to Koh Choong Yong.

Tonychat is a sexist bigot. May as well point finger at Sylvia Lim and say she is a woman, so she will screw up.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being a Politican and public servant should never be always about $$$. You take the role because you want to serve the people and make the country a better place to live in.
By declining an NCMP seat makes her look like a disingenuous money grabbing bitch and frankly quite selfish. For someone with her level of education and grassroots experience, S$15k per month as an elected MP would make it appear as if all her CNY Ang Baos had come at once. Its loss will no doubt have a significant impact on her financial situation but she is still relatively young enough to find other work.

May I remind those of you defending Lee Li-Lian to take a look at her WP colleague Sylvia Lim who accepted a NCMP before becoming a fully fledged MP.
She made many notably speeches in Parliament whilst being an NCMP - not least the ones on excessive ministerial pay or CPF reform.

Many of the newbies in the WP or even the Opposition in general should follow her example and set themselves to a higher standard than the money grabbing MIW.