• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

7 great New Zealand Road Trips

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
7 great New Zealand road trips

rsz_road-to-mt-cook-466646976_1.jpg

Tuesday, 16 June 2015
Check out these breathtaking road trip suggestions by our Facebook followers!
A stunning array of rugged mountains, freshwater lakes and sandy beaches – New Zealand's landscape forms a track for the best road trips nature has to offer. Here are seven amazing road trips that you need to see to believe, recommended by our very own Facebook followers:

1. Te Anau

A mosaic of lakeside views and scenic mountain ranges, the road to Te Anau is the ultimate road trip experience. The gentle curves of this magnificent road takes you through the countryside, leading first to Lake Te Anau, followed by a rugged, glacier-covered view of densely forested mountains.

"A clean run on most of them is good, but the Milford tunnel in a rather loud v8 heading back to Te Anau at full song is good fun.." – Ben Dooley

te-anau.jpg

Image copyright: Nathan McLatchey / Flickr

2. Mount Cook

An awe-inspiring landscape covered with different shades of mountains, the road from Tekapo to Mt Cook is perfect for a relaxed four-hour road trip. No visit to New Zealand is complete without a visit to Mt Cook – its highest peak is at 3,754 metres.

"Actually I think the pic is of my favourite drive. Tekapo to Mt Cook around Lake Pukaki. The scenery and road are top quality.." – Gary Knox

rsz_cornelia_schulz_the_road_to_mt_cook.jpg

Image posted by Cornelia Schulz

3. Queenstown / Wanaka

One of the relatively shorter routes on this list, this drive can be covered in anything between 30 minutes to an hour. A late morning or early afternoon is recommended in order to catch the sunlight reflecting on the picturesque mountains and lakes.

"Wanaka thru to Bruce bay is pretty awesome especially the drive into Mt Aspiring National Park." – David Lee

rsz_ronnie_smit_queenstown_to_glenorchy.jpg

Image posted by Ronnie Smit

4. Kaikoura

A fine drive along the coast, Kaikoura boasts small towns ideal for coastal walks, marine exploration and a plate of crayfish!

"Kaikoura coast on a fine day." – Rachael Wallace

kaikoura-road-trip-skyscanner.jpg

Image copyright: Jullen Justamon / Flickr

5. Northland and Coromandel

Known mainly as a popular Tramping Track, the Brenderwyns provide a long and scenic road trip experience.

"As a Whangarei boy, that Brenderwyns run is a lifelong fave of mine Sonny, but also like the Coromandel loop. Thames, Coro, Whitianga back to Thames on a motorcycle." – Maurice J Te Brake

rsz_1sonny_tom_gough_crossing_the_brynderwyns_and_seeing_this.jpg
I
mage posted by Sonny Tom Gough

6. Wairarapa

A region with a spectacular coastline, arrays of valleys and colourful, sombre sunsets, Wairarapa is a natural wonder. Covered with countryside inspired small towns, it's a hub for all kinds of outdoor activities.

"Featherston to Cape Palliser lighthouse with a stop at the Pinnacles and seal colony and back via Martinborough." – Rosemary Rainer

wairarapa-road-trip.jpg

Image copyright: Michael Schwab / Flickr

7. Manawatu-Wanganui / Taranaki

This region takes you through windy roadways with excellent views, such as the Orange Tower and Memorial Tower. A curvy road guides you along the sides of Mountains with views of the Mangawhero Gorge where the Mangawhero River flows.

"The 'Forgotten Highway' Taumarunui to Stratford! Or Taumarunui to Ahititi via Waitaangas. Be careful, it's breathtaking." – John Stuart

manawatu-road-trip_0.jpg

Image copyright: Michael Schwab / Flickr

A huge thank you for all your submissions and recommendations!

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
done the first 4, the rest looks good too.
will probably try to do it soon. :wink:

Tips,

Te Anau
nothing much at Te Anua, if you are driving to milford sound from Te Anau, then it is wise to leave early in the morning where traffic is not heavy.
it seems to always rain in milford sound

Mount cook,

misty in mount cook most of the time. didnt like it there,
2 place to stop will be lake pukaki, lake tekopo,

Queenstown / Wanaka
you get one of the most scenic drive to queenstown, and while in queenstown make sure you grab a bite of their big juicy fergburger.
can be challenging if you drive thru the mountains from Queenstown to wanaka, vice versa, make sure u get a car with enough horsepower.

Queenstown to Glenorchy is another scenic drive, expect afew bent though.

Kaikoura
It is basically quite a easy drive from christchurch with some nice view.

7 great New Zealand road trips

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Unless you're there for a purpose, it's the most boring place on earth.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
BS...can try driving frm north...free easy slowly...to southernmost...then take a cruise to South pole...if chiu hav de time to spare...once in a lifetime trip...:biggrin: bring ur lovebird natnat along...:p

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
i wanted to tell you something like my purpose in nz is to turn mirror into windows
but then hor, i think i better be honest with you, i was in NZ to kio kway :biggrin:

Unless you're there for a purpose, it's the most boring place on earth.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
wahlau eh ms that trip will take a few months. you think i no need to work meh. if no work no S Eleven.
nowadays, Australia very expensive, me need to work 16 hours x 7 days a week, sick also need to work. :eek:
now even no time to go kio kway liao. :biggrin:

BS...can try driving frm north...free easy slowly...to southernmost...then take a cruise to South pole...if chiu hav de time to spare...once in a lifetime trip...:biggrin: bring ur lovebird natnat along...:p

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wahlau eh ms that trip will take a few months. you think i no need to work meh. if no work no S Eleven.
nowadays, Australia very expensive, me need to work 16 hours x 7 days a week, sick also need to work. :eek:
now even no time to go kio kway liao. :biggrin:

Rent a caravan...bring along few chio chio atb...travel frm town to town providing sex svcs...work as chiu travel...knn might end de trip with qui chup cheng richer...:biggrin::biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
yy, for freebies u must ask leong sam and MS.
They are better than PCK, they have all the gals lobang,
Best pimp in Singapore, JB and some say in NZ too. :biggrin:

Don't quite believe you :wink:. With you helming the sister forum, comes with the territory. Got freebies? :p

So tgif gay :biggrin: