• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MACS application only done in Singapore now

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come..come..pls take a seat..
Passport validity is 4.5 yrs, so u minus 3. Left with 1.5.
1.3 yrs left it for e chop chop or renew yr passport early(sg ciq wont makan your remaining days).

Life is short, dun take it too hard.:p come..drink tea.

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come..come..pls take a seat..
Passport validity is 4.5 yrs, so u minus 3. Left with 1.5.
1.3 yrs left it for e chop chop or renew yr passport early(sg ciq wont makan your remaining days).

Life is short, dun take it too hard.:p come..drink tea.

Not as easy :( Especially if you have business visas in your passport and to apply for new visa every time you have a new passport is so troublesome lor.

sihan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too have a problem with MACS. I tried to do the application last week, and after a good close to 2 hours wait, I was told that my fingerprints do not match the records in the Msian immigration system.

They told me to wait while they check this issue with the Msia Immigration. And whats encouraging is that the wait will take up to months before I am given any response !! They told me theres no point for me to contact the Msia authorities directly because they will just refer this problem back to Third Link !!

Needless to say, mine is a new passport made recently about 2 months ago and its really lame that they cant process the MACS application for new passports. And even they manage to rectify this issue with the Msian authorities, I have to spend another good 1-2 hours queuing up again to apply for this MACS thing !! They should provide customers like myself who run into issues like this with expedited queues !!

Its obvious there is some serious miscommunication problem going on between this agent and the Msian immigration, why then are they allowed to operate when there are serious flaws in its system? Shouldnt they first do a proper link up with Msian authorities before providing services? They also have a horrible system in managing the crowd, plus if you observe carefully, those staff working there are merely per hourly paid students on holiday, no senior person around to be seen. How can this sensitive work in handling and holding on to passports be entrusted on the hands of temp students?

As somebody also mentioned, the existence of this 3rd party agent only serves to complicate matters and they do not add any value whatsoever to the MACS application process. They are simply there to make a quick buck. For a premium $20 service fee, you would expect to get something a little professional, instead the service you get is simply beyond horrendous.

sihan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too have a problem with MACS. I tried to do the application last week, and after a good close to 2 hours wait, I was told that my fingerprints do not match the records in the Msian immigration system.

They told me to wait while they check this issue with the Msia Immigration. And whats encouraging is that the wait will take up to months before I am given any response !! They told me theres no point for me to contact the Msia authorities directly because they will just refer this problem back to Third Link !!

Needless to say, mine is a new passport made recently about 2 months ago and its really lame that they cant process the MACS application for new passports. And even they manage to rectify this issue with the Msian authorities, I have to spend another good 1-2 hours queuing up again to apply for this MACS thing !! They should provide customers like myself who run into issues like this with expedited queues !!

Its obvious there is some serious miscommunication problem going on between this agent and the Msian immigration, why then are they allowed to operate when there are serious flaws in its system? Shouldnt they first do a proper link up with Msian authorities before providing services? They also have a horrible system in managing the crowd, plus if you observe carefully, those staff working there are merely per hourly paid students on holiday, no senior person around to be seen. How can this sensitive work in handling and holding on to passports be entrusted on the hands of temp students?

As somebody also mentioned, the existence of this 3rd party agent only serves to complicate matters and they do not add any value whatsoever to the MACS application process. They are simply there to make a quick buck. For a premium $20 service fee, you would expect to get something a little professional, instead the service you get is simply beyond horrendous.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely corruption is involved. Isnt it obvious ?

sihan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely corruption is involved. Isnt it obvious ?

There are so many red flags and eyebrows raised with this appointed agency. Its apparent the owner of this agency has some sort of ties with the Msian govt. Just how did they manage to secure this deal? Was there even a legitimate tender/bidding process?

How can the Sg/Msia govt even entrust a third party to carry out sensitive work such as handling passports? What credentials do they have to justify they are qualified to do these sort of work? Especially when they employ only holiday temping students at their counters!

This is atrocious because these sort of matters ought to be handled by the immigration authorities and no other !! These some of delicate work ought to be done by professionally trained immigration officers !!

Having a third party do it raises the potential for so many security lapses !! Where is the agency's liability when something goes wrong ??!!

hoosdathu

Alfrescian
Loyal
obviously the malaysian govt must be getting kickbacks for outsourcing this to a third party company which doesn't give a hoot about security nor has proper technical expertise to handle this :rolleyes:

with all the horror stories in this thread, i've not tried renewing my MACS.

ppl on non-business trips can only go during weekdays and avoid peak hours lor.
ppl with business can only LLST ... :(

or does anyone know how to complain to the relevant authorities?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even their TNB upgrading system took at least 3 mths to complete and halted...life still goes on. you wan to complain? :confused: :biggrin:

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came in to Johor via Tuas Checkpoint by bus last Friday and at the passport counter, the immigration officer told me the MACS office has re-opened. Can anyone verify this?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I came in to Johor via Tuas Checkpoint by bus last Friday and at the passport counter, the immigration officer told me the MACS office has re-opened. Can anyone verify this?

Is he referring to 2nd link side? I dont have the latest details but I was at danga by IDRA to do up the MACs and it took me 30 minutes. No mention of the Tuas side MACS office reopening though

kylau

Hi,
Can someone advise where can I apply for Macs ? I am Singapore citizen, own a property in Malacca. I read the thread that danga bay is the location to apply for Macs.
What must I bring & what is the fees,& opening hrs & location address in danga bay ?How do I take public transport from jb customs to that office.

Is the Ciq2nd link provide this macs application also?

Appreciate your help.

asimrafi

Hi Sihan, did you manage to get macs then? How much did you wait? I am facing same issue and waiting since more than a month. Every time I go there I need to requeue.

asimrafi

Hi Sihan, did you manage to get macs then? How much did you wait? I am facing same issue and waiting since more than a month. Every time I go there I need to requeue.

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just done mine at IRDA last Sunday. Apparently saw a few queuing before me yet are not aware of the new regulation. There are 3 schemes which you can apply MACS.

1. Property Owner (Required SPA (Original and Copy)
2. Spouse of Malaysian (Required at least 9 months VISA)
3. Company Sponsor (Required a formal company letterhead to indicate your working status in Malaysia and need to travel in and out into Singapore regularly)

Operating Hours:
Sun - Wed : 8.30am - 4pm
Thursday : 8.30am - 1pm

Lunch is 1-2pm

Friday, Saturday and P.H Closed.

Do take note.

Is the MAC application still open on Sunday?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
My neighbour,
Remember to bring photocopy of passport , photocopy of SPA front page , one passport photo. -jasonst

Rem to bring the SNP and passport for them to verify , plus RM30.

hi Jason, can ask whether must bring original SNP or copy will do ? thanks