• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MACS application only done in Singapore now

Benzmerc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agreed with cresendo n Frodo, if there is no control there will be not enough carpark lots atJB Customs not the mentioned the remarks. Too insensitive should not be said or tone down.
My 2 cents worth. Thanks

cresendo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, the MACS simply smoothen the access/exit to MY for Singaporeans. It is not a tool to control Malaysia’s borders, and certainly not an effective tool if it is meant to restrict or limit Singaporeans from coming into MY! LOL! I suppose since it is mainly Singaporeans who would apply for MACS, the JB side simply rationalise that there is no need to cater for Singaporeans at the checkpoints, better to outsource it to a third party and still earn more money from it, like the way it is now. As for the minority who owns properties here, they can do it at IRDA.
That's make sense though...but still there are major leak in the security...like our passport have to be retain by the third party and I believe they consolidated all application for the day and send them to the Malaysian Immigration for the sticker...what if during this process, our passport go amiss or damage...or falls into the wrong hands...??...or the despatch guy had an accident along the way, to and from where they send our passport...??...who wld be responsible...??...because I've called ICA to enquiry abt if there is a law that Spore passport shld not be given to private company or person and be kept over 24hrs and they said there wasn't but the ICA will take the bearer responsible for our travel document that they had issued...as there was no written statement by the third party or the Malaysian Immigration, who is liability for our passport then they shldn't commence this system...and I for one, wldn't dare to let them keep my passport...unlike if our passport are keep by the embassy...which I believe there are no other country wld keep our passport for the application of the "permit/visa" to enter their country...but if they wld, it's save to say is with the Embassy rather then with a private company...this system sucks for all I know...and I do hope this issues pops up as soon as possible to make someone in the top to deal and voice out...!!!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's make sense though...but still there are major leak in the security...like our passport have to be retain by the third party and I believe they consolidated all application for the day and send them to the Malaysian Immigration for the sticker...what if during this process, our passport go amiss or damage...or falls into the wrong hands...??...or the despatch guy had an accident along the way, to and from where they send our passport...??...who wld be responsible...??...because I've called ICA to enquiry abt if there is a law that Spore passport shld not be given to private company or person and be kept over 24hrs and they said there wasn't but the ICA will take the bearer responsible for our travel document that they had issued...as there was no written statement by the third party or the Malaysian Immigration, who is liability for our passport then they shldn't commence this system...and I for one, wldn't dare to let them keep my passport...unlike if our passport are keep by the embassy...which I believe there are no other country wld keep our passport for the application of the "permit/visa" to enter their country...but if they wld, it's save to say is with the Embassy rather then with a private company...this system sucks for all I know...and I do hope this issues pops up as soon as possible to make someone in the top to deal and voice out...!!!

If I am not mistaken it might be possible to have same collection, if you are first few applications for the day in the morning?

cresendo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not mistaken it might be possible to have same collection, if you are first few applications for the day in the morning?

Only if u have a document to support that u live in JB...like rental agreement or Astro or Celcom bill under ur name and JB address...otherwise it's next day after 7pm....even if it's one day processing, u still come back after 7pm to collect...I was there twice already in mind of renewing my MACS which just expire 03 April 2016...and I still travelling in and out JB via stamps now...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls bear in mind that MACS pass is only for entry into and exit out of Johor only. If you enter through Johor and exit in Penang, say, then you still need to have yr pp stamped!

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia government only earn $15, the agent commission is $20.

This is a rip-off. If you own a property in Malaysia or long term visa, by all means do it in Malaysia.

Please don't support this fly-by-night company whose intent is to make a fast buck. The Singapore company adds NO value to the previous arrangement. They not only hold your passport for more than 24 hours. They require a photo and insist that your passport must have 2 years remaining.

Fuck it, I say.

marquislau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi just to enquire...my wife is a mlsian...got a property in mlsia but under wife name whereas my name as a guarantor...i got 3 daughters...1 is a sporean...before tis my daughter n i had applied the macs card before at mlsia c.point...but seems now need to go to orchard hotel...is a hassle...
Now need to renew the macs card...can i and my daughter apply at the IRDA at danga bay...?my daughter is below 21yrs old..wat are the documents needed?thks

Hi Bro,
I am in the same position as yours where property is under my Malaysian wife name. Can I redo (since the existing MACS has expired) the MACS at IRDA? Many Thanks.....

bairni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls bear in mind that MACS pass is only for entry into and exit out of Johor only. If you enter through Johor and exit in Penang, say, then you still need to have yr pp stamped!

Lol seems like you exprienced the held at at penang airport. Frankly, it depends on your lucky and who is at the counter.

bairni

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a rip-off. If you own a property in Malaysia or long term visa, by all means do it in Malaysia.

Please don't support this fly-by-night company whose intent is to make a fast buck. The Singapore company adds NO value to the previous arrangement. They not only hold your passport for more than 24 hours. They require a photo and insist that your passport must have 2 years remaining.

Fuck it, I say.

The two years remaining is crazy. Means what, i left one and half year i cannot apply liao isit. Stupig isn't it.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, need some info:
Do u need the photocopy of whole passport or just selected pages?
Regarding photo, 1 enough? Any particular requirement - eg. Passport size etc etc?
My Sg friend who is property owner wants to apply.
Thanks.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, need some info:
Do u need the photocopy of whole passport or just selected pages?
Regarding photo, 1 enough? Any particular requirement - eg. Passport size etc etc?
My Sg friend who is property owner wants to apply.
Thanks.

My neighbour,
Remember to bring photocopy of passport , photocopy of SPA front page , one passport photo. -jasonst

Rem to bring the SNP and passport for them to verify , plus RM30.

Last edited:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My neighbour,
Remember to bring photocopy of passport , photocopy of SPA front page , one passport photo. -jasonst

Hi thanks for the information.
Can this be done for the entire family? Total of 4 with just 1 SNP?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
My neighbour,

Thanks neighbour :smile:
I suppose the photocopy of passport is just the first few pages with personal particulars and not all the other pages with all the chops?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks neighbour :smile:
I suppose the photocopy of passport is just the first few pages with personal particulars and not all the other pages with all the chops?

The photo page (main).

Too bad april fooll day is over. Otherwise, you can ask him to print out all the pages.:p

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard if apply at the Danga Bay also need passport to have 2 years validity? If that is the case then it is very stupid

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard if apply at the Danga Bay also need passport to have 2 years validity? If that is the case then it is very stupid

I can confirm this was my experience, Investor888. It is very stupid. But what's our recourse? At the moment, I don't see any apart from maybe lobbying. Then again, we don't have a collective voice to do any kind of lobbying. SIGH.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What? That means our passports of 5 years need to change every 3 years to accommodate to MACS. That's a step backwards, lah!

I can confirm this was my experience, Investor888. It is very stupid. But what's our recourse? At the moment, I don't see any apart from maybe lobbying. Then again, we don't have a collective voice to do any kind of lobbying. SIGH.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without MACS, it'll be another setback for those staying in JB and working in Singapore. Their Sinkie passports will be fully stamped in a matter of months with the daily commute, not to mention about the long queues at the Malaysian immigration during peak hours for those taking public transportation.

Last edited: