• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sample Counts - What exactly happened and what is it?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sample counts so accurate meh?

Hahahaha......make my toes laugh.

Only stupid sinkees believe that the Election Department conducts free elections.

Elections Department should patent its methodology and sell its polling method to the world for its 100 percent accuracy. The fact that no one is interested says alot.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can clarify the following because I witnessed them:
  • Sample counting was done at the counting centre
  • Ballot boxes were not reopened (after they are sealed at 07:45 before the start of polling) at the polling centres.
  • When ballot boxes arrived at the counting centre, they were distributed to the counting tables such that each table had boxes from different polling centres.
  • Counting agents were asked to witness the opening of the boxes.
  • Ballot papers were then poured onto the counting tables in full view.
  • CAs were then shown the insides of the boxes and the covers.
  • The centre IC then asked the counters to toss up the ballot papers so as to get a more random sampling.
  • That done, the counters were told to take out 100 papers from their table at random. Table ICs supervised the process.
  • These 100 were then sorted among the parties.
  • Each table IC announced their count to the Centre IC in front of the CAs.
  • The Centre ICs collated the results and reported them to the constituency IC.
  • Counting of all the ballots started after the report was made.

I hope this helps.

I am a tad confused............ a sample size of 100 is too small statistically

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sorry if I hadn't been clear; the sample was drawn from:
  • 100 ballots per table
  • and there were 6 or 8 (I forget) counting tables at the centre
  • and there were at least 2 counting centres per GRC (depending on the size of the GRC)
  • so, the sample would be about 1200 to 1600 ballots for a small GRC.

I am a tad confused............ a sample size of 100 is too small statistically

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sample counts so accurate meh?

Hahahaha......make my toes laugh.

It certainly is. AVA uses sample count to check if the large quantity of imported food is safe or contaminated. You think customs will open every single crate that comes into our port?

That's an example of sample counting used in daily life.