• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When is the next Presidential Election?

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Jee Say should have been in the Guiness World Records by now. Failed in whatever he set his sights on.

TJS is a man of high credentials but he did himself in by the way he speaks. Speaking in a way as though he has an axe to grind (whether true or not) does not go down well with the majority of Singaporeans. Just my 2 cents worth..

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB will win the next PE. Last PE he had the support of WP supporters. Hardcore SDP supporters voted TJS.

This time round the SDP supporters will vote for him, after he appeared at the first and last SDP rallies. TJS won't take part. Quid pro quo.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB will win the next PE. Last PE he had the support of WP supporters. Hardcore SDP supporters voted TJS.

This time round the SDP supporters will vote for him, after he appeared at the first and last SDP rallies. TJS won't take part. Quid pro quo.

Nah... it'll be Lim Boon Heng. :wink:

The pappies will not make another 'Ong Teng Cheong' mistake. :wink:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good choice. That's why he was ushered to the seat in TH. And they hold him by his balls for his affair (past) with his secretary.

Apparently the polling card and voting slip have all been sent to the printers.

This is his logo. Remember to mark X next to this logo:

cutest_green_alligator_womens_boy_brief.jpg

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't know how true is this. But my friend who was a polling agent for SDP voted for tcb. Another 2 friends voted for SDP and SPP respectively suppoted TT. My gut feel is a lot of people delink PE from their partisan preference and see it as unimportant.

As for TJS he is a big political liability as people see him as opportunist and wonder what his agenda.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know how true is this.

Broad generalization. There will always be exceptions, and people who vote for TCB or TJS out of preference rather than party affiliation.

TJS contested for SDP. When he contested in PE, all his logistic support (including the contractor who did the TP stadium rally stage) came from SDP. So naturally most of the SDP supporters voted for him. Also good fit between his left-wing ideology and the SDP.

But there's a tacit understanding now between TCB and the SDP, now that he's shaken CSJ and Tambyah's hands at the first and last rallies. With TJS not standing anymore, the bulk of that 25% will now go to TCB rather than the PAP-appointed candidate.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Broad generalization. There will always be exceptions, and people who vote for TCB or TJS out of preference rather than party affiliation.

TJS contested for SDP. When he contested in PE, all his logistic support (including the contractor who did the TP stadium rally stage) came from SDP. So naturally most of the SDP supporters voted for him. Also good fit between his left-wing ideology and the SDP.

But there's a tacit understanding now between TCB and the SDP, now that he's shaken CSJ and Tambyah's hands at the first and last rallies. With TJS not standing anymore, the bulk of that 25% will now go to TCB rather than the PAP-appointed candidate.

The MCF makes generalization difficult because some voted tactically for TCB like me and I don't consider myself as middle ground. Many opposition voters regretted voting for TJS instead of TCB and paved the red carpet to Istana for TT. If TJS, TCB and TT are to contest again in PE, chances are TJS will score badly because some people will use previous PE result as reference to vote tactically. Also TT enjoy the incumbency advantage over the other 2. So there is no guarantee TCB will win as it a different dynamism.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Jee Say should have been in the Guiness World Records by now. Failed in whatever he set his sights on.

From failures you have success...LKY didn't win all the time before he was elected....& he led an opposition party....you think the "chicken" just dropped from heaven?? my, my, my....