• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is what happens without the PAP

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Eva Holland September 11 at 5:39am · Instagram ·

I'm sure this photo makes a lot of people uncomfortable it may even piss a few people off but the main reason I took it was to show the reality of addiction.

If you don't choose recovery every single day this will be your only way out. No parent should have to bury their child and no child as young as ours should have to bury their parent. This was preventable it didn't have to happen but one wrong choice destroyed his family.

I know a lot of people may be upset I'm putting it out in the open like This but hiding the facts is only going to keep this epidemic going. The cold hard truth is heroin kills. You may think it will never happen to you but guess what that's what Mike thought too. We were together 11 years.

I was there before it all started. I knew what he wanted out of this life, all his hopes and dreams. He never would've imagined his life would turn out this way. He was once so happy and full of life. He was a great son, brother, friend but most importantly he was a great dad. He loved those kids more than anything. But as we all know sometimes life gets tough and we make some wrong choices.

His addiction started off with pain pills then inevitably heroin. He loved us all so much he decided enough was enough and went to rehab at the end of last year. He got out right before Christmas as a brand new man. He had found His purpose for living again, he found his gorgeous smile again, he became the man, the son, the brother, the dad that we all needed him to be again.

He did so good for so long but then a couple months ago It started with a single pill for a "tooth ache" which inevitably lead him back down the road of addiction instead of staying the coarse of recovery. He said he could handle it, that he could stop on his own and didn't need to get help again.

Well he was wrong, last Wednesday he took his last breath. My kids father, the man I loved since I was a kid, a great son and a great person lost his battle. I just needed to share his story in case it can help anyone else.

309 Likes · 99 Comments · 262,086 Shares

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If you read the story carefully, it all started with "pain pills". And then after the guy had finished rehab successfully he relapsed on a "single pill".

Having done residency in Canada I have to say the threshold for doctors to prescribe narcotics for pain is way too low. They prescribe it for any kind of pain which is ridiculous. During my rotations in addictions I asked every patient addicted to narcotics how they got into it in the first place. All said that it was their doctor who started them on narcotics with prescriptions for things like back pain, neck ache, knee pain, toothaches etc. They got hooked and then when the doctor got uncomfortable continuing their prescriptions they got told to go cold turkey just like that. So guess what, they turned to other means to obtain the narcotics. And then it just progresses from there.

I say those doctors should be taken to task for creating addictions in their patients! And I don't buy the whole "oh you have to manage their pain properly" excuse often given. Prescribing narcotics is a cop out on managing their pain. All you do is to give the patient a bigger long term problem down the road that could kill them! Any doctor who starts patients on narcotics should be single handedly thereafter responsible for helping any of these patients get out of addictions that they develop. That would scare enough to not prescribe narcotics so easily.

Narcotics for terminal cancer pain is another matter as there is a predictable end point in that timeline and it makes good sense in that palliative setting to relieve suffering when death is nigh.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Victorians always took family photos with their recently deceased loved ones.

I'm glad this practice is back in fashion.

18khyqnhqvnnrjpg.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Victorians always took family photos with their recently deceased loved ones.

I'm glad this practice is back in fashion.

In many cases that was the ONLY photo of the deceased. Photographers were few and far between in those days.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should place him upright and put a smile on his face before rigor mortis sets in.