• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee Soon Juan should quit politics

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha. Don't fall off your chair. No, it is not another CSJ bashing piece.

The clarity of the mind is very important. A responsible man should protect his immediate family first - mother, wife, and children.

The media have been fixing you. Do not hope that they will stop and you could win*. There are also other uncontrollable factors. So what if you could win? By the next election, you are already 58. How many more years are there left?

Find a lecturing job on politics overseas. There is no shortage of ivy league universities willing to take you in.

Think of the type of education that your 3 children will be getting. Think of their future, their children's future. Think of the dignified lifestyle you and your wife will be leading. Conversely, think of the kind of shitty life you have in Singapore.

You need to sit down and think like a cunning economist or a calculative accountant. Do the pluses and minuses. The choice is clear. Be selfish and protect your family first. That is the hallmark of a good son, husband and father. A good man...credible man should have a sense of pride and not take all the shit hurled at you.

An intelligent man must know when to let go. The staggering no. of Facebook "likes" at 34,419 (as of 14/9/2015) is actually telling you to let go, not soldier on. You should let go at the height of your popularity. Keep the proceeds of your book sales and not squander it on another attempt at politics. The long queues are god's way of telling you to quit politics. Sell your HDB flat now when it is still worth something.

Please don't approach WP! It is silly!

* Expected outcome = probability(positive) + probability(negative)
The equation is very lopsided, made more lopsided by the media/dirty politics. It is stacked against you. It is a sure negative.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be very silly for him to take advice from you, nick who went silent for 7 years.

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]My Letter to the Straits Times Pointing Out Inaccuracy in a Story About My SDP Resignation[/h]
picture-1-1349008530.jpg

Submitted by convexset on Wed, 01/28/2015 - 23:49

I wrote a letter to the Straits Times pointing out inaccuracies in an article they put out regarding my resignation from the SDP. Unfortunately, the article was kept as is (painting a misleading picture) to avoid exposure to defamation as they could not verify my claims about the dishonest behavior of SDP Secretary General Chee Soon Juan. The article did not even mention that the SDP's "press release" failed to address my charge that Chee Soon Juan had, in the example cited in my resignation letter, behaved dishonestly. My letter to the Straits Times editors follows: Dear Editors of the Straits Times, I refer to your report SDP member quits party over 'irreconciliable differences' (28 Jan 2015) wherein an incorrect picture of my resignation was presented. In my letter I did highlight problems with Secretary General's management style but those were not the main reasons, but rather, compounding ones. The first paragraph of my letter of resignation reads: Having considered this decision for a number of months, I hereby submit my resignation as a member of the Singapore Democratic Party over “irreconcilable differences”. In particular, duplicity, double standards and lying on the part of the party leader Secretary General Chee Soon Juan.

In the letter, I pointed out a lie that Secretary General Chee told to (myself and) a group that organized major party activities (which I was previously a member of) about a supposed Central Executive Committee (CEC) decision. I found out about the lie after a few SDP CEC members informed me of it. I highlighted other integrity issues on the part of Secretary General Chee.

Therefore, as stated clearly in my letter of resignation, integrity issues of the leadership were the chief reason for my resignation. With regards to the SDP's claims that my social media activity got me sacked. I would like to point out how suspicious the claim is. The SDP's statement, which it submitted to The Real Singapore, contained examples from after the date of the meeting in which I stated Secretary General Chee lied. (http://therealsingapore.com/content/sdp-assistant-secretary-general-clar...) Accepting that evidence would be tantamount to accepting that the SDP is in possession of technology enabling macro-scale time travel, a physics Nobel worthy feat. (http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/reply-sdps-deceitful-claims-about-my-...)

The social media activity that was actually flagged was relatively innocuous. I urge the editors to seek confirmation about whether Secretary General Chee spoke to me about those notes and, if reasonable, to obtain specific examples of objectionable content that was flagged to me as objectionable. I am not on a deleting spree and my Facebook feed remains accessible. Feel free to ask for access. (https://www.facebook.com/convexset)

I urge the Straits Times to correct the article before it goes to print due to its misleading content. The relevant links are given below.

My Account: http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/leaving-singapore-democratic-party
SDP's Response: http://therealsingapore.com/content/sdp-assistant-secretary-general-clar...
My Reply: http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201501/reply-sdps-deceitful-claims-about-my-... I may be contacted at the number below for clarifications.

[h=3]Tags:[/h]

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice post.

What keeps him going is the inner resolve that he is fighting for a good righteous cause and is prepared to go through the pains and sufferings. Take that away, his life resolve is gone. Is it good for him that he gives up? It is like taking a soul away.

Once in a while, there will be one or two men who stuck stubbornly to their cause, and over here, I am not taking sides about who is right or wrong.

I just wish that this man is more wise to fight smartly. If he is in South Africa or Poland or colonial India, he would have been a hero and succeeded in his fight against the grave injustices and wrong. For there, the masses were agitating for such a leader.

In Singapore, it is so different. PAP has fought for the people to have decent housing, employment, safety, prosperity, equality etc etc. These are freedoms, aspects of democracy as well. That aspect CSJ so champions is not a crucial issue of concern when other freedoms are alive and well. This is clearly not apartheid South Africa, of whom Nelson Mandela CSJ adores, or even Burma, of whom Aung San Su Kyi is a hero. How many folks will put CSJ in this light of these 2 illustrious figures? Few I guess. The reason is simple - the conditions here are nowhere the same as those countries.

Only when the lack of freedom to speak is present with the lack of other type of freedoms say for eg, economic freedom resulting in poverty, or lack freedom to feel safe with high level of crime etc, I think his cause has a strong chance to be supported by the masses. Democracy is defined too narrowly by CSJ and in his narrow definition, he missed out understanding the mind of the average Singaporean - the heartlander. This is where he lacked wisdom of a true politician.

Perhaps he thinks that he has championed a cause and Singaporeans are simply too afraid to follow him. If this is the case, he has also got it wrong.

It all depends what he wants to be validated. To stick to his narrow view or to want to be elected as a MP. If he wants to be elected, then he has to adjust his view to some form of pragmatism from just solely idealism.

What I write is not meant for folks to argue whether there is democracy here or not, or the exact meaning of democracy. You can start another thread and carry on from there. I am just stating an opinion about a man's idealistic understanding contrasting with a different pragmatic understanding by the masses, and it is his choice whether to adjust to reality or stick to his own fantasy. The successful politician is an animal, calculative and cunning, yet may not appear so, and in it, he can succeed.

If CSJ aspires to be a politician, he was naive or perhaps still is. In recent GE, I am seeing CSJ adjusting to reality of Singapore in order to succeed. But I also see his miscalculations - never understand why he did not put himself or Paul Tambayh into SMCs but choose to fight in a GRC with the most difficult demographics. Such ambitions without understanding the ground will mean he can never achieve his dreams in his lifetime.

I hope CSJ succeeds in his dream to be a MP. He has a choice himself to make and to succeed, he needs to understand the ground and adjust, or just be the idealistic person if this is what he wants. In that, his validation will never come from the Singaporeans in terms of strong mass support .. not unless PAP screws up big time.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dr Chee has his family has suffered long enough.

About time he and his wife concentrate on their.career and dun fuck care what happen. Let the rest worry. He has given his contribution.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSJ carries alot of historical political baggage. Voters will always remember him as the bankrupt who got sued by the Lees as well as his well publicized rants to GCT about money being syphoned off to Suharto at a hawker centre.

No doubt he conducted himself well during this campaign but sinkies will always remember his reputation as a dissident of the PAP and restoring this will be a lot harder.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Sun Yat-sen had 10 failed uprisings before he founded the Republic of China. our Dr Chee Soon Juan has many more uprisings / elections in him. his cause is just. don't give up !

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ carries alot of historical political baggage. Voters will always remember him as the bankrupt who got sued by the Lees as well as his well publicized rants to GCT about money being syphoned off to Suharto at a hawker centre.

No doubt he conducted himself well during this campaign but sinkies will always remember his reputation as a dissident of the PAP and restoring this will be a lot harder.

Remembering it is one thing. To be influenced by that though, i think only the daft and apathic would do so.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
This man is a God Sent Messiah with a potent message for Singaporeans. But he was not accepted and voted out.

Yes, he has fought a good fight and he should now concentrated on his family and take good care of his own health and the health of his family.

Nevertheless. if he is truly a God Sent Messiah , his time will come at the most unexpected moment when he is most needed by the people - like all Messiahs in the world.

We will never know. You can never defeat a good man. You can never succeed in putting down fairness, justice, compassion and love. If a man stand by these values, even the demons
and ghosts will help him to succeed. Miracles do happen in very different ways under very adverse circumstances.

I wish him well. I wish his family well. And I wish Singaporeans well. They have to live with the type of government and the type of leaders they have chosen. Good Luck!!!

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro., if you do not mind me saying something?

It will also help CSJ a lot if the older voters who remember those old days do not find every opportunity to bring the old things up, like you just did in your comment.

I notice a significant difference between forums like SBF, TRE when compared to the Facebook.

You will notice that on Facebook, the younger ones (say 40 and below) do not bring up his old past that much, and he has a very good following on Facebook. I think Dr CSJ still has lots of chances yet. The young ones love him and follow him. The older voters will grow older anyway and will be an insignificant component of the electorate with the passing of time.

That said, I think as a society, we need to grow up. If you have lived in the Western countries for a length of time (like I did), you will agree that we should not be so hung up with a person's past "failures". There would have been no Steve Jobs, no Bill Gates etc., if we keep talking about their past failures. Even the late President Reagan failed several times before he became President at the relatively old age of 70 years.

Last edited:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro., if you do not mind me saying something?

It will also help CSJ a lot if the older voters who remember those old days do not find every opportunity to bring the old things up, like you just did in your comment.

I notice a significant difference between forums like SBF, TRE when compared to the Facebook.

You will notice that on Facebook, the younger ones (say 40 and below) do not bring up his old past that much, and he has a very good following on Facebook. I think Dr CSJ still has lots of chances yet. The young ones love him and follow him. The older voters will grow older anyway and will be an insignificant component of the electorate with the passing of time.

That said, I think as a society, we need to grow up. If you have lived in the Western countries for a length of time (like I did), you will agree that we should not be so hung up with a person's past "failures". There would have been no Steve Jobs, no Bill Gates etc., if we keep talking about their past failures. Even the late President Reagan failed several times before he became President at the relatively old age of 70 years.

fully agree
I hope he can maintain his passion and strength to soldier on
after this disappointing "defeat"..

chee1.jpg

he is already an icon in Singapore political history...

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fully agree
I hope he can maintain his passion and strength to soldier on
after this disappointing "defeat"..

chee1.jpg

he is already an icon in Singapore political history...

I like this picture a lot for the reason that Dr Tambyah is on his side.

This new SDP team is a beautiful team that works very well together.

There are two other doctors who helped in the crafting of the SDP Healthcare Plan, and I have no doubt these two other doctors will be in the SDP team someday soon.

Already, their membership numbers have grown lately, and after this recent well-run SDP campaign, many more will join them soon. So, don't worry about them. All they need is a bit of rest after this hectic campaign, and they will be back again in full force. Remember, these are talented hardy people with lots of steel, and they are not the type to give up easily.

Last edited:

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jeremy Chen

I burst out laughing when I got the bulk update on election results (with Aljunied still being recounted).

The SDP, with its dishonest leadership, was rejected. But I feel sorry for the volunteers, essentially all of whom had only been with the party for a few months or even weeks as of polling day. Their effort was wasted because they were misled.

I would like to see the scales fall from their eyes soon.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahaha. Don't fall off your chair. No, it is not another CSJ bashing piece.

The clarity of the mind is very important. A responsible man should protect his immediate family first - mother, wife, and children.

The media have been fixing you. Do not hope that they will stop and you could win*. There are also other uncontrollable factors. So what if you could win? By the next election, you are already 58. How many more years are there left?

Find a lecturing job on politics overseas. There is no shortage of ivy league universities willing to take you in.

Think of the type of education that your 3 children will be getting. Think of their future, their children's future. Think of the dignified lifestyle you and your wife will be leading. Conversely, think of the kind of shitty life you have in Singapore.

You need to sit down and think like a cunning economist or a calculative accountant. Do the pluses and minuses. The choice is clear. Be selfish and protect your family first. That is the hallmark of a good son, husband and father. A good man...credible man should have a sense of pride and not take all the shit hurled at you.

An intelligent man must know when to let go. The staggering no. of Facebook "likes" at 34,419 (as of 14/9/2015) is actually telling you to let go, not soldier on. You should let go at the height of your popularity. Keep the proceeds of your book sales and not squander it on another attempt at politics. The long queues are god's way of telling you to quit politics. Sell your HDB flat now when it is still worth something.

Please don't approach WP! It is silly!

* Expected outcome = probability(positive) + probability(negative)
The equation is very lopsided, made more lopsided by the media/dirty politics. It is stacked against you. It is a sure negative.

He should make his bucks overseas while whacking the PAP there. When sinkees wake up, CSJ can come back to help.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this picture a lot for the reason that Dr Tambyah is on his side.

This new SDP team is a beautiful team that works very well together.

There are two other doctors who helped in the crafting of the SDP Healthcare Plan, and I have no doubt these two other doctors will be in the SDP team someday soon.

Already, their membership numbers have grown lately, and after this recent well-run SDP campaign, many more will join them soon. So, don't worry about them. All they need is a bit of rest after this hectic campaign, and they will be back again in full force. Remember these are talented hardy people with lots of steel, and they are not the type to give up easily.

Steel, it is not iron. Whoever governs singapore must have that iron in him... or give it up. This is not a game of cards. This is YOUR LIFE AND MYNE!

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
[FONT=&quot]Jeremy Chen[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are good laughs to be had reading about some more clear lies by Chee Soon Juan cited in Parliamentary transcripts:

[/FONT]
""" Let me talk about Chee Soon Juan. Chee Soon Juan's behaviour was most illustrative. When pressed on the obvious contradictions between the SDP team's statements during the Select Committee hearing, and its written defence for the Committee of Privileges hearing, Chee Soon Juan based his "explanations" on a strangely convenient coincidence of typographical errors, confusion and selective amnesia. Or he simply stubbornly stood his ground even though he was wrong, and his answers contradicted themselves.

Let me cite you an example. At the Select Committee on Health Care Subsidy hearing on 12th August, BG George Yeo asked Chee Soon Juan:

`I would like to ask Dr Chee whether he knows the difference between a time series in current dollars and a time series in 1985 dollars.'

Chee Soon Juan's answer was, "Yes." (This is in paragraph 1489 of the Minutes of Evidence.)

Then on 24th October this year, at the Committee of Privileges hearing, Mr Davinder Singh asked Chee:

`Dr Chee, you know the difference between a time series in current dollars and a time series in 1985 dollars?'
His answer this time was, "No, I do not." (This is in paragraph 674 of the Minutes of Evidence.)

When Mr Davinder Singh pointed out to him that he gave inconsistent answers to the same question asked on two separate occasions, he denied that the answers were inconsistent! With such direct evidence staring in his face, he continued to lie. In fact, it is a perjury before the Committee of Privileges since he was under oath.

So even when he was caught lying, committing perjury, he would flatly deny it. We can understand why a naughty and naive 4-year old boy would deny that he was stealing candy from a candy jar, even though he was caught red-handed by his mother with his hand still in the jar. In fact, if Members remember, and I think Dr Vasoo certainly remembers, when Chee Soon Juan was caught secretly taping a conversation he was having with Dr Vasoo, he flatly denied it, claiming that the tape recording was for his class, even though the tape recorder was still running and this part of the exchange was captured on tape. I managed to get a copy of that transcript from Dr Vasoo. Let me read this out. This was a conversation, I believe, which took place in 1992 before Dr Chee put himself up as a candidate of the SDP. I think he went to tell Dr Vasoo that he was going to be a candidate. So he held a tape recorder in his hand, probably outside the room, and said "testing, testing" to make sure that it worked. Then he went into the room and the process of telling Dr Vasoo what he wanted to do and Dr Vasoo's advice to him. And this is how it goes from the start of the conversation:

`Dr Chee: I've to give you my, I apply for visit passport. I was hoping, lah, see if I can apply or not. (Pause) No, I tell you Vasoo, I tell you, I came in basically because I hope. No, no, you listen to me, OK? Vasoo.

Dr Vasoo: You're taping that?

Dr Chee: What?
Dr Vasoo: Taping.
Dr Chee: Taping what?
Dr Vasoo: You're recording, is it?
Dr Chee: This is for my own, class one ah, what. Seriously, what a hell eh. No, I can tell you. OK, I'm sorry, I don't. Right now, there's no problem. I need to, I just basically want to say I don't want to.
Dr Vasoo: No, no, you see, it's turning or not.
Dr Chee: What?
Dr Vasoo: Recording.
Dr Chee: This is for my class one. What is that? No, no, wait, wait, wait, this is for my class one, listen, listen, Vasoo.'
I think we all find it very funny, but here is a man who really has no honour, no sense of decency, who went to have a conversation with his Head of Department. He secretly taped the conversation, either hoping to use it against him or for whatever reason. And yet when caught that he was tape recording the conversation, he completely denied it. But remember my story of the 4-year old boy. Dr Chee is not a naughty 4-year old boy. He is a grown man of 34 years old. He has a PhD. He claims to be a trained neuro-psychologist who treats patients and helps them with their brain and behavioural problems.

Sir, Dr Chee Soon Juan's propensity to speak the untruth knows no bounds. He does not seem to be a man of principle, honour or courage. You remember, in 1992, he also said, "I have a good brain and a strong heart" and that was what he wanted Singaporeans to believe him to be. A courageous man is not afraid of admitting his mistakes. It is no wonder that even his own SDP members and collaborators have been disappointed by his behaviour."""

(Source: http://sprs.parl.gov.sg/search/topic.jsp… from Column 978)
Tagging Away in No Particular Order: Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) Jaslyn Go Mohamed Jufrie Bin Mahmood Christopher Ang Jeffrey George Corinna Liang Yeo Poh Hong Clarence Ziting Zeng Chong W Fung Sng Choon Guan Chee Siok Chin Jufri Salim Ananth Tambyah

People's Action Party: Thank you for this entertainment.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Want to post transcripts then post also how Chee Soon Juan cross examine old fart in court.
Until old fart open his fucking mouth without able to reply.
And then instruct the kangaroo judge to let him (lky) Siam court. Lky scare of Dr Chee.

Then all like to kpkb about the 'heckling' of wooden Goh. That was just making mountain out of molehill. Gct big fuck? Cannot heckle? I thot CSJ did well to malu Lao Goh then. But coward sinkies scare of confrontations gave the thumbs down