• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Electoral fraud - How it can be done without detection!

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo mai comprian leow lah

A major issue that has shaped bureaucratic/ministerial relationships for much of the past 10 years is the place and power of Lee Hisen Loong within the ministry and his possible future.

While Lee has many supporters, he has also alienated many because of what is seen as his arrogance and the autonomy he demonstrates in his
relationship with other cabinet ministers; characteristics which, seven years after he joined the cabinet under Goh's sponsorship, he had not
curbed.

One significant example of this was consistently reported by several respondents. In 1990, an incident occurred in a pre-cabinet meeting which was the beginning of entrenching further among the many in the core executive, resistance to Lee Hsien Loong's long term ambitions for prime ministership. Prior to this meeting Lee Hsien Loong had gone to the office of Richard Hu, the Minister of Finance, and removed a number of files without Hu's permission. At that time Lee's office was on the 48th floor of what is now Temasek Tower and Hu's was on the 50th floor.

At the pre-cabinet meeting Hu took Lee to task for doing this and was supported by Tony Tan. Lee's response was aggressive and insulting, he directly insulted Tan and Hu, a man of his father's age. This was a double insult to Hu, who was Lee's superior in cabinet and a person of an age who should of itself deserve respect in Chinese society. Suppiah Dhanabalan intervened and chastised Lee for his behaviour, demanding that he apologise to Hu, withdraw his remarks and not interfere in other minister's portfolios. A heated exchange occurred into which a number of other issues intruded and eventually Lee lost his temper, and reportedly reached across the table and slapped Dhanabalan across the face.

This caused an uproar in the cabinet and Lee was severely chastised by Goh Chok Tong. Dhanabalan stormed out of the room and did not return for some time. Lee, in response to a demand from Goh, subsequently apologised to Dhanabaln, Hu and Tan. Hu, Dhanabalan and Tan all initially stated that they would leave the cabinet as a result of this incident. Goh later took up the matter with Lee Kuan Yew who reportedly verbally thrashed his son over the matter.

This was apparently followed by a more sober, educational but equally critical assessment from Lee Hsien Loong's mother, a talented though background political adviser. Lee Kuan Yew reportedly met later that day with Hu, Tan and Dhanabalan apologised for his son's behaviour and requested that they not resign, supported by a similar request from Goh Chok Tong.

All held out for some time, but eventually Hu agreed to stay, but Dhanabalan and Tan both resolved to leave. This they did the following August 1991 elections, all without a public word against Lee Hsien Loong, continuing to subscribe to the tenet of all secrets staying within the PAP family.

While this is reportedly Lee Hsien Loong's worse outburst in cabinet and he has obviously learnt from the experience by somewhat moderating his behaviour among the political leadership, he has reportedly not done as much in his dealings with the civil service. Every senior public sector official with whom I discussed the succession issue, off the record, rated Goh above Lee in terms of being of prime ministerial calibre and rated Goh as having far more support than Lee, although Lee has probably been more successful at developing support within the civil service than elsewhere.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
We know there is election fraud . How they did it will be found out long after LHL is dead or some courageous person becomes the whistleblower. May guilt overwhelm someone that he or she is willing to spill the beans.

giphy.gif

there is no fraud.
there is only the truth.
singaporeans have spoken.
live with it and move on.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Elections Department under the control of PM. Returning Officer appointed by PM. What risk?

Why no need? The results defy logic and the observed sentiments.

the ground is fluid
nothing sinister about the result
the truth is revealed through the ballot
nothing surprising
you have all forgotten about the hearts and souls of the true singaporeans
they are always behind the pap
only a handful of fartup opposition losers voted against the pap

no fraud.'it's a fact. it's the truth.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I seriously doubt that. In my 6-hr shift, I didn't see a single instance of anyone being directed on the pen to use. And I did see some using their own pen in clear view of the polling officers.

I was carrying my own black pentel marker pen and asked the presiding fool if i could use it....he said cannot or your vote will be treated as invalid.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In GE2011, I was a polling agent at the start of polling. The boxes were all open when I arrived at the polling station (about 07:00). At 07:45, all the polling agents were called to inspect the boxes before they are closed and sealed for the start of polling. The inspection included a visual check of both the outside and inside of the box and cover. The box was also turned upside down. PAs were allowed to lift the boxes to check its weight. That done, the boxes were closed and sealed. PAs were asked to sign their names on the seals.

In GE2015, I was PA for the 2nd half of polling and also a counting agent. When polling ended, the boxes were sealed in our presence. The PAs were asked to sign on the seals.

I followed the boxes onto the bus. No, I did not check the bus before boarding, but except for blinking, I did not take my eyes off the boxes. The boxes were also too bulky to be able to be changed without being noticed. I also followed the boxes all the way from the bus to the counting room. There, the boxes were shown to us again (for us to check our signatures on the seal), before they were opened and the ballots taken out for counting.

So, as far as I could see, there was no evidence of fraud.

Did they check if the boxes were empty before setup? Did they check the bus before the ballot boxes were loaded onto the bus?

Last edited:

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In GE2011, I was a polling agent at the start of polling. The boxes were all open when I arrived at the polling station (about 07:00). At 07:45, all the polling agents were called to inspect the boxes before they are closed and sealed for the start of polling. The inspection included a visual check of both the outside and inside of the box and cover. The box was also turned upside down. PAs were allowed to lift the boxes to check its weight. That done, the boxes were closed and sealed. PAs were asked to sign their names on the seals.

In GE2015, I was PA for the 2nd half of polling and also a counting agent. When polling ended, the boxes were sealed in our presence. The PAs were asked to sign on the seals.

I followed the boxes onto the bus. No, I did not check the bus before boarding, but except for blinking, I did not take my eyes off the boxes. The boxes were also too bulky to be able to be changed without being noticed. I also followed the boxes all the way from the bus to the counting room. There, the boxes were shown to us again (for us to check our signatures on the seal), before they were opened and the ballots taken out for counting.

So, as far as I could see, there was no evidence of fraud.

So we still have the possibilities of magic ink and ballot slip? It sounds far-fetch but technology nowadays make it possible right?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
So we still have the possibilities of magic ink and ballot slip? It sounds far-fetch but technology nowadays make it possible right?

u just have to see the looong q
to view a dead body
to get the new SG50 commemorative currency notes
which had a dead creature picture on it

this clearly shows u the staunch support and love of crooks , sycophants , liars , the shameless
by the daft , the silly , the ignorant , the selfish.

nothing to do wiht magix ink or david copperfield

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
u just have to see the looong q
to view a dead body
to get the new SG50 commemorative currency notes
which had a dead creature picture on it

this clearly shows u the staunch support and love of crooks , sycophants , liars , the shameless
by the daft , the silly , the ignorant , the selfish.

nothing to do wiht magix ink or david copperfield

It was a marriage of convenience, the New shitizens, Draft Sinkies and Pappies they need each other. No love, just arse fooking.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did they check if the boxes were empty before setup? Did they check the bus before the ballot boxes were loaded onto the bus?

they said they checked the boxes were empty...........they followed the boxes all the way..........the only thing that's strange will be the voting slips...........it's blackish and the texture is different from 2011..........

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey friend!

The fraud already begin at the early stage!

By bombarding the nation with senseless propagandas!

Making everyone a zombie!

They are using loud speakers! Still without detection?

Pyrodice

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seriously doubt that. In my 6-hr shift, I didn't see a single instance of anyone being directed on the pen to use. And I did see some using their own pen in clear view of the polling officers.

Which GRC/SMC were you the polling and counting agent for? And why you change your avatar from a WP party avatar to this present one yesterday?

Pyrodice

Alfrescian
Loyal
they said they checked the boxes were empty...........they followed the boxes all the way..........the only thing that's strange will be the voting slips...........it's blackish and the texture is different from 2011..........

Yeah, something very fishy going on here.

My whole neighborhood when I counted the number of flags hanged from the SG50 goodie package is so little that the result of this election is unbelievable. When I talk to many others after the election and before the election, everyone says the result is suspicious because so many feel that more alternative voices in parliament is definitely much better to debate policies instead of getting passed without a whimper of a debate.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not important where I was doing my duties. My avatar changes with events around me or my mood. The event surrounding the last avatar is over; as such, I've changed to the current one which I will use until I can sense a better one.

Which GRC/SMC were you the polling and counting agent for? And why you change your avatar from a WP party avatar to this present one yesterday?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On this, I absolutely agree with you. This was one of most unfair election campaigns in Singapore's recent history, and probably the most costly - the PAPzis were using our money to buy our votes.

Remember GE2015.

Hey friend!

Making everyone a zombie!

They are using loud speakers! Still without detection?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

ARe you fucking mad…thats not against the law.

Stupid singos used their own fucked up logic….I'll do the safe thing, let others stick their neck out….lol.

What a bunch of morons!

harrych

Alfrescian
Loyal
ARe you fucking mad…thats not against the law.

Stupid singos used their own fucked up logic….I'll do the safe thing, let others stick their neck out….lol.

What a bunch of morons!

Wtf, whats wrong with that? Thats being exactly manipulative YET needy.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
what i find strange is jalan besar GRC, so many years the votes remaining relative similar, 60% to 40% ratio even after cutting up into kallang-moulmein then back to jalan besar, even with or without Lily Neo, support for PAP/WP remains the same.

the others see 7%-10% swing, this grc remains the same.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yeah. there will always be some people, by force of habit, whipping out their personal pen from their shirt pocket. they were not forced to use the pen provided.