• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am planning my EXIT from Singapore...reason is

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hard to get in as a reason not to try? I would say better stay in Singapore. Even if easy to get in, next excuses will be "hard to get a job, hard to survive, weather is too harsh" blah blah blah.

Migration is very very tough ok! No doubt! But at least your destiny is in your hands, your hard work will pay off. Stay in Singapore where the majority is pro-one party politics with no transparency, no free press.....if you don't like it, good luck to you man. Take your chances and fight for yourselves.

As my cousin told me those 11 years ago. You have 3 choices:

1) Join politics and fight to make a change.
2) Migrate
3) Shut up

winnipegjets, you are not in Canada meh? Back in 2003 I got the impression you were in Canada.

I have never regretted my choice to migrate. An important consideration is that I left not as a protestor but to match my aspirations.

Emigrating has open up my experience to how the real world works. It is easier after I discard the Singaporean way of thinking. No doubt I was lucky to get into the right support network. For a long time, I did not understand how the less lucky migrants lived.

If anyone think PAP has won, I doubt so. To leave a minority without representation is bad, esp with the economic outlook getting bleak.
PAP can go back to its old ways, even if it is moving to the Left slightly. (Perception)

Australians usu boot out the government that go to the poll 1 year earlier. WA and QLD suffered the same fate.
Loong is smart. His 2016 GE is a resounding success. Why 9-11? And he still have Sinkies under his spell. The opposition are pretty fragmented and will never gain any inroads.

The PAP system is now so open to corruption, cronyism now that the old guard has expired and there are no Separation of power.

Good luck to the voters whose choice will return to haunt them 10 years from now.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Have you read the requirements to enter Canada? It is so hard now ...it was so easy when Nayr96sg applied.

It is as "hard" as how I applied. Fill up the forms. Provide relevant documents, and send. I was even more typical lazy sinkie and used a migration agent! Haha! But seriously I figured if I succeeded in migrating way worth the money spent.

Not hard to apply. Whether you get in is another matter but you never know till you try. PR is not hard to get in my opinion. Actually deciding to uproot and move all the way and start all over again is harder. The uncertainty and worries. Paralysis by analysis.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just remember that when you emigrate from Singapore to another chosen destination, you'll always be a 2nd Class Citizen...

Just remember that when you are in Singapore, you are a born and bred Citizen...

I've been to a few places on earth, and I find that the Ang Mo countries look down on Asians.

Latin America is the friendliest of them all, can consider Chile (but lots of ugly women), Colombia is pretty nice, but must worry about their terrorism issues... Latin Americans views Asian as intelligent.

I doubt anyone of you would consider Africa, as it's a God Foresaken Continent.

Singapore is our home... do what you need to do in Singapore to be happy, there are always Geylang SGD 50 girls... don't buy a car, take public transport, I can say its cheaper than owning a car. Can consider Uber or Grabtaxi if urgent. Singapore hawker center food is still one of the best on earth.

Don't smoke and drink in Singapore, because it's the most expensive on earth... live a healthy lifestyle.

Associate with like minded people in Singapore, avoid all the negative pussies Singaporeans.

Manage your very own income expectations, as we will all be facing FTs competition in all kinds of work, no thanks to the PAP's immigration policies.

Most important of all, support your Opposition Party MPs, and hear their Manifestos, make an intelligent decision based on your decision.

I really hope that we Singaporeans don't leave, because if that happens, more and more FTs will be converted, and Singapore will be lost forever...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Just remember that when you emigrate from Singapore to another chosen destination, you'll always be a 2nd Class Citizen...

Just remember that when you are in Singapore, you are a born and bred Citizen...

I really hope that we Singaporeans don't leave, because if that happens, more and more FTs will be converted, and Singapore will be lost forever...

LOL! In Singapore you are not even 2nd class citizen! Don't worry Singaporeans all believe that by going abroad they are 2nd class citizens. All scared. Love to kpkb. Rely on helpers to take care of children and do housework. Singapore is the best place for most Singaporeans. :smile: I am very serious. Do not migrate. It is not for you.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've been to a few places on earth, and I find that the Ang Mo countries look down on Asians.

Latin America is the friendliest of them all, can consider Chile (but lots of ugly women), Colombia is pretty nice, but must worry about their terrorism issues... Latin Americans views Asian as intelligent.

I doubt anyone of you would consider Africa, as it's a God Foresaken Continent.

Singapore is our home... do what you need to do in Singapore to be happy, there are always Geylang SGD 50 girls... don't buy a car, take public transport, I can say its cheaper than owning a car. Can consider Uber or Grabtaxi if urgent. Singapore hawker center food is still one of the best on earth.

Don't smoke and drink in Singapore, because it's the most expensive on earth... live a healthy lifestyle.

Associate with like minded people in Singapore, avoid all the negative pussies Singaporeans.

Manage your very own income expectations, as we will all be facing FTs competition in all kinds of work, no thanks to the PAP's immigration policies.

Most important of all, support your Opposition Party MPs, and hear their Manifestos, make an intelligent decision based on your decision.

Sage advice...where would we be without geylang?

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah.. I remember your old forum in Delphi.. You are a strong advocate to Sporean to leave this tiny red dot and there was even a post imploring Dr Chee to leave for goodness sake.
I am glad I heed your advice and left 2 decades ago.

You're a bit late to the party. I figured out the sinkie psyche more than 2 decades ago.

Last edited:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL! In Singapore you are not even 2nd class citizen! Don't worry Singaporeans all believe that by going abroad they are 2nd class citizens. All scared. Love to kpkb. Rely on helpers to take care of children and do housework. Singapore is the best place for most Singaporeans. :smile: I am very serious. Do not migrate. It is not for you.

Uprooting, and migration permanently is surely not for everyone, especially not for Singaporeans. Because Singaporeans are a bunch of pussies, love to be assfucked! I am truly disappointed with the GE2015 results.

Don't you all fucking Singaporeans complain in the next 5 years! KNNBCCB!!!

Dumbfucks!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hard to get in as a reason not to try? I would say better stay in Singapore. Even if easy to get in, next excuses will be "hard to get a job, hard to survive, weather is too harsh" blah blah blah.

Migration is very very tough ok! No doubt! But at least your destiny is in your hands, your hard work will pay off. Stay in Singapore where the majority is pro-one party politics with no transparency, no free press.....if you don't like it, good luck to you man. Take your chances and fight for yourselves.

As my cousin told me those 11 years ago. You have 3 choices:

1) Join politics and fight to make a change.
2) Migrate
3) Shut up

winnipegjets, you are not in Canada meh? Back in 2003 I got the impression you were in Canada.

g.e. election results 2015 proves that no.1 is almost impossible.despite the country deterioriating conditions for more than 10 years and PAP's worst performance of any year ever,and death of LKY and so many opposition parties and candidates coming out of the woodwork,PAP still made a stunning comeback victory wtf.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
g.e. election results 2015 proves that no.1 is almost impossible.despite the country deterioriating for more than 10 years and PAP's worst performance of any year ever,and death of LKY and so many opposition parties and candidates coming out of the woodwork,PAP still made a stunning comeback victory wtf.

Yup. 11 years ago I thought hard.....if I was PM of Singapore how do I make it better? What policies? I had some in mind, but I decided that it would involve very hard work lots of sacrifice and maybe even bloodshed. Which I thought the people of Singapore would never agree to do. I mean a simple thing like giving up on having maids is something almost every Singaporean with a maid will not agree to do. Simple thing. So No. 1 was a no go. And I certainly wasn't going to do No 3. So die die I worked hard on No 2. The past 11 years has validated my decision.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about moving to Chennai and stealing some tamil motherfuckers job?

vanacum and wanna cum? vuo're more than velcum.

image.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You took too long to learn the truth.

11 years ago I realized this already and applied for PR in Canada. I am now happily living in Canada, a truly first world nation with like minded citizens. I am no longer Singaporean and proud to say it.

For those of you who truly believe in freedom of speech, good government and free press, you have to ask yourselves which is in your better interests? To stay and fight in the red dot city against the wave of Singaporeans who want a system ripe for a dictator with no transparency and discussion (ie CEO running a company without a board of directors) or find your way to move to another country which shares the same values as you albeit having to start all over again and suffer for the sake of your future and your children's future?

Lastly just a reality check in case if you are wondering if you have what it takes to migrate. Singaporeans hire maids. If you need a maid to survive and intend to do so even if you migrate then to me you belong to Singapore. Forget about migrating. It is perhaps as simple as that.

I congratulate [nayr69sg] for his courage, ability to take the necessary steps to realize his dream for his family and himself, the determination to succeed, his humbleness working in a factory (although he was already practising as a physician in Singapore) when he arrived in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and who evaluated and considered whether or not to take the required exams and work as an intern to be a medical doctor in Canada. He succeeded! I have no doubts that he will succeed, with a balanced lifestyle.

If he can succeed, and I survived but did not succeed (I arrived in Toronto, about 20 years before him, with 2 suitcases and $1,500), with respect, I believe most of you Singaporeans can and will survive and succeed (but if I use Dr. Chee Soon Juan's basis, I am considered rich and blessed because I have four healthy children).

I believe that you will love the space in Canada, the beautiful scenery and fresh water lakes, and may or may not enjoy the very cold winter.

Good health and good luck.

Last edited:

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel your pain and anger.
I realized 20 years ago that this is not the place for me and have emigrated,given up my citizenship, collected my cpf,bought a house with a huge backyard and am pretty happy where I am.
my family members and childhood friends are still in Singapore and for them I also feel the frustration with the outcome.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yeah.. I remember your old forum in Delphi.. You are a strong advocate to Sporean to leave this tiny red dot and there was even a post imploring Dr Chee to leave for goodness sake.
I am glad I heed your advice and left 2 decades ago.

You cannot change the thinking of a sinkie. They have peasant stock genes and PAP policies appeal to these simpletons. There's no way you can turn lead into gold.

I realised this long ago and moved on. The way to profit from PAP policies is to cash out.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
i also seriously planning my exit. i am very disappointed that SDP not voted in, sinkie behaviour's trademark of ballessness is there for the whole world to see.

Sad but i am contemplating the exact same thing after hearing the results. I am not a defeatist, but i know when is the cause gone... now i am giving myself several years as the timeline to get out while i still can.....sigh

AaronKwok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonight, in my entire life, it was a heartfelt proclaimation that Singaporeans deserved to be screwed.
I used to be a loyalist, a patriot in this country, hopeful that Singaporeans will one day wake up, to realise how pathetic their life were under PAP rules.

You should have done that years ago. Well it's never too late or as the saying goes, better late than never.

I am a tourist in my country of birth.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Where can I go?

Canada ...very hard to get in now.
Downunder ...that island has water problem, too dry.
NZ ...a contender
UK ....they don't want any more immigrants
US ...no relatives there. Can only join the visa lottery.
Scandinavian countries ....contender but must learn language first
Chile ...easy to go, contender

Thailand? I am seriously thinking about it because it is near here and easy to visit relatives

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is as "hard" as how I applied. Fill up the forms. Provide relevant documents, and send. I was even more typical lazy sinkie and used a migration agent! Haha! But seriously I figured if I succeeded in migrating way worth the money spent.

Not hard to apply. Whether you get in is another matter but you never know till you try. PR is not hard to get in my opinion. Actually deciding to uproot and move all the way and start all over again is harder. The uncertainty and worries. Paralysis by analysis.

I suggested that you do it on your own, without an Agent.
But you prefer or believed that using the professional experience of an Agent will help you.

In the old days, initially, I obtained a work visa, renewed it after one year. Then I had to take the midnight bus to freedom, to the USA, even to pick up the forms because the rules then was that Immigration Canada through the Canadian Consulate in USA will not send the forms to me. Then I had take the midnight bus again to submit the forms. Then, when they notify me to attend an interview, I had to take the midnight bus to attend the intgerview. Finally, when they notify me that they have granted Immigrant Status (or now referred to as Permanent Residence) to me, I took the midnight bus to pick up the IMM1000 (immigrant papers). It took about a year.

With determination and perserverance, I am sure you will succeed.
For those who have achieved financial success, it may be easier for you to emigrate to Canada, but I am not familiar with the new rules.