• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local Sinkies Are Screwed Once Again

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Believe me. Sinkies are well aware of the issues the citizens face. But they are sure Pap will take care of them. They bought the "ownself check ownself" shit. Very good.

Good luck to these "citizens" because they are going to need it. They and their children are in for a tough time.
Fortunately for me, I have made my $$ & have alternative plans to live elsewhere.

Regretfully I will probably never get my CPF but when I die the person I nominated will get the $$$ if there is anything left in the ponzi system.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
more new citizens to swing the vote
if not jsut redraw the boundaries
and or threaten about hdb flat etc lose money etc,.
when all else fails,scare tactics re $$$

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fortunately for me, I have made my $$ & have alternative plans to live elsewhere.

Regretfully I will probably never get my CPF but when I die the person I nominated will get the $$$ if there is anything left in the ponzi system.

To be honest, the PAP did well by you old-timers, like my dad (who achieved dizzying heights with O level certifications). The future for not-so-youngsters like me, are bleak.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think those in their 40s have lesser CPF compared to older people due to employer contribution cuts plus use CPF to buy second property and so not much concern on return of CPF. Some think medishield life is good, thinking it is a necessary expenditure.

Many of them busy with family, children PSLE, not on social media and vote for peace and stability. Basically they tell you they have no confidence in opposition quality, thankful to LKY and most important is they don't believe foreigners taking over jobs until shit happens to them.

I think it is a case where they are simply not looking ahead into their own future or their childrens future.
Claiming that the opposition is not good enough is simply an excuse to do nothing.

It's clear to me that things are unlikely to change in Spore. So if anyone wants a better life, you have to emigrate. This is what Sporeans have been doing for decades:smile:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think it is a case where they are simply not looking ahead into their own future or their childrens future.
Claiming that the opposition is not good enough is simply an excuse to do nothing.

It's clear to me that things are unlikely to change in Spore. So if anyone wants a better life, you have to emigrate. This is what Sporeans have been doing for decades:smile:
plain selfish an d then complain

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Years ago and even today, I have heard and also spoken to many local sinkies be it young, middle age or old folks.
They all have only one thing in common which is "heck care about the future of others" and only concern about their own present benefits and interests.

tryharder

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong looking after ourselves? That is the basis each Singaporean should use to decide on their vote. That is the basis to determine which candidate is the choice for Singapore. You are right that life will be tougher for the next 5 years. WP is not the choice that can keep Singapore above the international issues affecting every country.

Once again, it's proven that local sinkies are selfish breed.
They only care for themselves and their own back yard.
Life going to be much tougher and harder for the next 5 years.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be honest, the PAP did well by you old-timers, like my dad (who achieved dizzying heights with O level certifications). The future for not-so-youngsters like me, are bleak.

The PAP had nothing to do with my success. My parents paid for my overseas tuition & while studying overseas I worked to supplement my income. The main reason I had to go oversease was LKY's 2nd language policy.
When I returned to Spore, I managed to get a decent paying job on the basis of my work experience that I got overseas.

If I was completing my degree today I would probably have difficulty finding a decent job in Spore. Fortunately I have made my $$$ & looking for a cheaper & healthier place to retire.
However I do understand your plight because I have many not so young colleagues who have been retrenched & looking for a job.

I would have been in the same boat except that my investments in the US market did very well.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah selfish indeed. They usually work in civil service or GLCs where the foreigners are mostly at top level, not that many recruited at middle level yet. So they liaise mostly among Singaporeans and do not know the world beyond their little cubicle has changed. Only those who worked in some MNCs with all Indians will know the horrible experience and sure vote opposition. Looks like not that many yet.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah selfish indeed. They usually work in civil service or GLCs where the foreigners are mostly at top level, not that many recruited at middle level yet. So they liaise mostly among Singaporeans and do not know the world beyond their little cubicle has changed. Only those who worked in some MNCs with all Indians will know the horrible experience and sure vote opposition. Looks like not that many yet.

Those local sinkies whose life has not been affected will not feel the real pain of what others went thru.

jw5

Loyal
Ohhhh............... you are English helicopter....................... hehehehehe............................ :biggrin:

Anyway good luck in settling somewhere nice. :p

The PAP had nothing to do with my success. My parents paid for my overseas tuition & while studying overseas I worked to supplement my income. The main reason I had to go oversease was LKY's 2nd language policy.
When I returned to Spore, I managed to get a decent paying job on the basis of my work experience that I got overseas.

If I was completing my degree today I would probably have difficulty finding a decent job in Spore. Fortunately I have made my $$$ & looking for a cheaper & healthier place to retire.
However I do understand your plight because I have many not so young colleagues who have been retrenched & looking for a job.

I would have been in the same boat except that my investments in the US market did very well.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Years ago and even today, I have heard and also spoken to many local sinkies be it young, middle age or old folks.
They all have only one thing in common which is "heck care about the future of others" and only concern about their own present benefits and interests.

I think many of todays "successful" Sporeans are very materialistic & calculative. This is a result of living in the toxic environment that LKY created

I have actually met many nice ex-Sporeans in Canada. It takes about 2 years for them to re-adjust to life in Canada & get rid of their kiasuness :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those local sinkies whose life has not been affected will not feel the real pain of what others went thru.

Yeah many still not affected as long as jobs in civil service and GLC are stable. I also know of one teacher in her 40s who went round telling relatives must be grateful and vote PAP. So sad, what to do but respect these voters' wishes.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think many of todays "successful" Sporeans are very materialistic & calculative. This is a result of living in the toxic environment that LKY created

I have actually met many nice ex-Sporeans in Canada. It takes about 2 years for them to re-adjust to life in Canada & get rid of their kiasuness :smile:
its been a climate of love of money first....accprding to PAP, that is the whore mark of a first world cuntry

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ohhhh............... you are English helicopter....................... hehehehehe............................ :biggrin:

Anyway good luck in settling somewhere nice. :p

While I was living in Potong Pasir, I could never understand why people kept on voting for the PAP, again & again....
So the result of this GE is not surprising. Disappointing but not surprising.

I've come to the conclusion that those likely to vote the PAP out have already left Spore. Leaving behind those likely to accept authoritarian rule e.g. the PAP.

I'm actually a veteran of past PAP victories.

jw5

Loyal
The reason behind people voting again and again for the pap is years of indoctrination. They have been indoctrinated into thinking that they can't do without them, despite not being happy with cost of living, overcrowding, infrastructure incapability, etc. It took years and a few generations but it has obviously worked.

While I was living in Potong Pasir, I could never understand why people kept on voting for the PAP, again & again....
So the result of this GE is not surprising. Disappointing but not surprising.

I've come to the conclusion that those likely to vote the PAP out have already left Spore. Leaving behind those likely to accept authoritarian rule e.g. the PAP.

I'm actually a veteran of past PAP victories.