• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We underestimated SG50 and LKY effect on the general election

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Too many voters bought into the nostalgia, the hype of SG50 and the post-LKY feel-good factor.

It seems that the people out there do not wish to vote in a plural, diverse Parliament yet.

The opposition has its work cut out for it.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many voters bought into the nostalgia, the hype of SG50 and the post-LKY feel-good factor.

It seems that the people out there do not wish to vote in a plural, diverse Parliament yet.

The opposition has its work cut out for it.
look on the bright side... .... at least for a while if any1 is to tell you how life is tough, things are expensive, pay is stagnant, you can pt your accusing finger at them and say i-told-you-so.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it was all the media hype and unconfirmable bookie odds which created a mirage and scared the middle ground voters into over-compensating

Well the results are such and we will have to live with it.

Enjoy your 6.9 million, sinkies ..

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm disappointed but well, it is the choice of Singaporeans. You deserve the government you voted for. My friends and I have fulfilled our social responsibilities but results are disheartening. You cannot save those who does not wished to be save.

All is well, looks like my net worth is going to jump again with property prices more likely to go up now. More to give to charity though I'm not so sure anymore if Singaporeans deserve it. I think I'll direct my charities overseas or to dog rescues.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More like we never expected our countrymen to be so cheap and stupid. Better increase CPF withdrawal age to 80. Population can go 10million. More PMETs should lose their jobs. More deserve to collect cardboards and wash toilets. Sell tissue paper.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A sad night for Spore as we embarks to another gloomy era with the future invasion of more Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs to this country.. Wages continue to stagnate, cost of living will continue to spiral, old folks will continue to search for cardboard boxes to eke out a living... Bastard Zorro Lim and his fellow comrade scums will continue to spout more shitty insensistive brainless statements from their CB mouths. A truly sad night for this country.. Sporeans are just plain naive and stupid politically.. I'm off to bed...

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truth be told, too many people underestimated the impact from the mismanagement of AHPETC.

WP can continue to wayang on the AHPETC issue and suffer further in the next GE or they can buck up, be honest and clean up their act.

WP was given the opportunity to shine during the past many years and Shame on you for dragging down the alternative representations!!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What had been missing in the equation in all the discussions here is the first time voters. During the rally period, I asked my kids who ere all first time voters, what are their friends' views. Surprisingly, despite being better educated, they believed that only PAP can run the country effectively. This group together with the new citizens are the reasons for the swing.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my prediction has always been 69% overall for the pap, an improvement over the last tally of 60%, and it looks like it's ringing true. barring the sg50 and lky effect, sinkies generally are satisfied with their collective lives and happy to enjoy good makan choices (first and foremost), efficient and cheap transport, great healthcare, relative safety and security, affordable shelter and competency of government. on every visit, i've taken pics at random and posted the evidence on sbf depicting the spoilt and comfortable lives of sinkies from hdb estates to heartland to hookerville in the lorongs of east coast. the oppo hype here on sbf cannot be trusted and believed. you have to snake through back alleys of sg at all 4 corners and see things for yourself.

dick tracy tan, if "she's" a hooker of high repute, must honor "her" words and disbar herself from sbf, but she may cum back as another moniker. for me, she's always welcum as tracy tan, the original moniker. it's her choice. i'm opening a new bottle of pallini limoncello to celebrate.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What had been missing in the equation in all the discussions here is the first time voters. During the rally period, I asked my kids who ere all first time voters, what are their friends' views. Surprisingly, despite being better educated, they believed that only PAP can run the country effectively. This group together with the new citizens are the reasons for the swing.

yes, not surprisingly, young sinkies like all my nephews and nieces who are educated abroad but are stuck in sg due to careers and family commitments are over-analytic and risk-averse, and they prefer to stay with the devil they know than the deep blue sea that appeals to them but is fraught with unknowns. there's no love for the pap, but there's no confidence in the oppo to maintain the status quo. the status quo of being spoilt and having a relatively comfortable life compared to ghetto cuntries around sg is preventing sinkies from taking a blind leap of faith. plus the additional 9%-11% boost from newly minted shitizens.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Truth be told, too many people underestimated the impact from the mismanagement of AHPETC.

WP can continue to wayang on the AHPETC issue and suffer further in the next GE or they can buck up, be honest and clean up their act.

WP was given the opportunity to shine during the past many years and Shame on you for dragging down the alternative representations!!

Yeah they form the real silent majority. Netizens may think AHPETC is not an issue but obviously the people in general have been influenced by the saga.

The WP must take stock and regroup. The road ahead will be long, and the only easy day is yesterday.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
sibei sian.
what is wrong with all the result

1441989464650550.jpg

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She quit her previous job and went full time as a MP. Now she just lost her job. Residents whom she served now rejected her. This is the reality as an opposition MP. It is understandably disappointing for her.

My heart goes out to her. Like her or not, she made a mark in Punggol East. Her contributions are not small.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Okay .... after a terrible night we have some idea of what went wrong:

(a) People across the board were concerned by AHPETC and were worried oppo cannot run TC well

(b) Sinkees were too easily placated by piecemeal measures like slowdown of FT import and the cooling measures of the housing market. They failed to see the bigger picture. Too focussed on the piecemeal measures and did not realize the broad policies are intact.

(c) SG50 + post LKY effect lingers in memory of older voters.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LHL did his magic again.

Brought up ISIS and regional terrorism to scare voters.

Kept harping on TCs, integrity, etc.

Leveraged very heavily on past glories as an indicator of future returns.

Avoided FT issue and transport breakdowns; instead focussed on PGP, all the goodies, the feel-food factor.

Used himself as the mascot of PAP.

That was his election strategy and apparently it has worked very well. We are back to the drawing board.