• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Vivian on YOG again] "It's OLD ISSUE; NOBODY ASK ME ON STREET; CABINET APPROVED

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-Vivia...SSUE-NOBODY-ASK-ME-ON-STREET-CABINET-APPROVED

Today 5:03 PMhttp://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
lambo http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_online.gif

Singaporean1st;96431988 Wrote:
pic36.jpg

Pretty Vivian ~ walking down the street ~

"Frankly, I think that’s an old issue and nobody on the street has asked me about it but just for the record so that you’ll understand this was an inaugural event.

We decided to bid in August 2007, we had to submit the bid by November so there was a preliminary estimate. One, two years down the road it became very clear in order to organise an international sporting event at an Olympic event in Singapore (it) was going to cost us more than $300 million. I took that revised budget, went back to cabinet, (the) cabinet approved it and we did not overspend. The expenditure on the YOG was within the approved budget.

I think you can argue about whether or not you should have hosted the YOG – you want to argue that, that’s fair enough. It’s a fair debate. But to accuse me of overspending is patently false.

Anyway I’m not really interested in bringing up old but the point is it’s these throwaway comments like “oh you’re overspending you have no morals.”

If you want to have a debate, you debate about whether or not you want to have an event on that scale and that cost.

But the most egregious personal attack is that two weeks ago I warned of the danger of dishonest politicians getting into parliament and pretending to work for free. The video is available online. Anyone who bothers to go through it will know I’m talking about politicians. But they have distorted it and said “you see, he is denigrating the work of volunteers who work for free”.

If you paint me out as someone who doesn’t appreciate volunteers, that’s malicious, deliberate and false. In fact it borders on dishonesty, because they know. I’ve pointed out the video and the post to them. Paul Tambyah (SDP candidate for Holland-Bukit Timah GRC) pretended to do a slight clarification I think yesterday."

Sauce: http://mothership.sg/2015/09/vivian...on-juan-sdps-policies-and-jeng-jeng-jeng-yog/

jw5

Loyal
If you claim that someone who did a clarification "pretended" to do it, that's malicious, deliberate and false. In fact, it borders on dishonesty, because how would you know whether he was pretending? :rolleyes:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please be reminded that he was a school debate champion, cannot win him, he has the ah neh blood of twisting and turning.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
a goof is a goof is a goof..............no amount of white wash can erase that half breed

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who is voting the delusional V Bala out won't be wasting time giving him any feedback.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So Vivian it took you 2 elections to finally clear the air about your over spending? So many years to come up with such an excuse?

its so clear you had fumbled and miscalculated and you dragged the cabinet into this mess. Could the cabinet refuse to approve your miscalculation? Obviously not right?

if you've been so great why then have you been reduced to be Minister of Road Sweeper and Rubbish? Shame on you Vivian.

The reason you did not hear people on the street talk about this is simply because you refuse to listen and simply said you're out of touch.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a lame excuse ....how could a government known for its conservative estimations made such a low estimation for hosting the YOG?

Till this day, Ms Vivian still refuses to acknowledge that he screwed up.

That's the problem with the PAP ...they will never take responsibility for mistakes.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a lame excuse ....how could a government known for its conservative estimations made such a low estimation for hosting the YOG?

Till this day, Ms Vivian still refuses to acknowledge that he screwed up.

That's the problem with the PAP ...they will never take responsibility for mistakes.

Its just like ur wife fucking someone behind your back la.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its just like ur wife fucking someone behind your back la.

Like your wife was fucking my retarded gardener? And she gave him 10 bucks because she was so grateful to have a real (albeit retarded) dick instead of your diseased mushroom......