• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JohnTan's Ah Gong nearly whacked CIA: True or not?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://foundily.com/lee-kwan-yew-took-cia-made-eat-words/

In 1960, a CIA agent was caught in an attempt to purchase information from Singapore’s intelligence officials.

When he was discovered, he offered Lee Kwan Yew $3.3 million in exchange for his silence about the above. Lee Kwan Yew refused the bribe, and instead asked for $33 million in aid to Singapore. Dean Rusk, who was the Secretary of State at that time, wrote a formal letter of apology to Lee Kwan Yew regarding this.

Note: I think this is bullshit.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In 1960, a CIA agent was caught in an attempt to purchase information from Singapore’s intelligence officials.

When he was discovered, he offered Lee Kwan Yew $3.3 million in exchange for his silence about the above. Lee Kwan Yew refused the bribe, and instead asked for $33 million in aid to Singapore. Dean Rusk, who was the Secretary of State at that time, wrote a formal letter of apology to Lee Kwan Yew regarding this.

Who gives a fuck.
History is written by the victors.
Old fart is gone and that's all that matters

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That incident is true. My dad saw what happened.

Ah Gong let the yankee bastard off after he gave him a swift kick in the balls. Literally kicked him in the balls. Since then, CIA don't dare to mess with our Special Branch and ISD.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That incident is true. My dad saw what happened.

Ah Gong let the yankee bastard off after he gave him a swift kick in the balls. Literally kicked him in the balls. Since then, CIA don't dare to mess with our Special Branch and ISD.

SID you son of a bitch

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of CIA's female agents was devastated when she found out that her Romeo was in fact a counter-intelligence Special Branch guy ...........

Special Branch became the core of ISD when Singapore was kicked out of Malaysia. I would not be surprised if Special Branch people are still planted within our institutions after Independence.

LKY in one of his National Day speeches revealed that one MP was an informer for Special Branch..... and then there was one Leong MK - whom LKY called an MCA plant......

Finally,at his wits end, LKY made a deal with Mahathir - you don't plant your people in our political arena and we will respect yours in the same way.

Now that LKY and Mahathir are both out of the way, does this deal still stands?

In any event, the deal is for politics only....... who knows the level of penetration in other "ahem" "ahem" circles? :biggrin: