• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rally at promenade beside UOB Plaza - SDP ('LIVE' from 12 noon onward)

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There were 3 stories : Angels, film maker and lastly the milk powder. I was greatly moved by them. Even though the last story was not very well told and a little cliche, I believed in it.

If the last story was told in the 80's I think most would think it is another make-up tale to arouse emotion. However, when told today, few would doubt the authentic because there are indeed many families who are really financially very tight to the extent of worrying about money for basic needs.

Well pap should be really worried. I think the swing is real. To the cynics who think that crowd are there for entertainment and the result would be like 2011, I think they will be surprised on the 12 of Sep.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great speech. Dr Chee is Singapore's hope.

And Dr Chee, please speak factually. If you misstated your data or inflated your data in your speeches, the PAP will come after you. All your hard work will be gone down the drain for the want of sensationalization.

Even if there is a little truth in what you say. Look at Low Thia Khiang, he just demolished himself by saying that Punggol East in a a deficit.

Great job, keep this going and you'll be on your way to parliament.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After this GE, the SDP will be getting plenty more highly educated professionals as members and possible candidates. SDP is on the up and up, no stopping them now! They will surpass the WP eventually.

There's more than enough room for more opposition parties.
Not one at the expense of the other.
Who knows maybe they can be the 2 major parties forming a coalition.
I identify more with SDP's manifesto but support all opposition parties.....the more diverse voices can only be a good thing.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Great speech. Dr Chee is Singapore's hope.

And Dr Chee, please speak factually. If you misstated your data or inflated your data in your speeches, the PAP will come after you. All your hard work will be gone down the drain for the want of sensationalization.

Even if there is a little truth in what you say. Look at Low Thia Khiang, he just demolished himself by saying that Punggol East in a a deficit.

Great job, keep this going and you'll be on your way to parliament.

In a word for fairness to Low, I don't think he is lying. Any receivables from CIPC very unlikely to go to opposition town council. It would go into the sinking fund. So, the opposition town council would be left with a real deficit.

To the opposition, sinking fund is a bit like CPF. Money easy to go in, hard to take out. And it can only be spent on a small list of items.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow looking at the pics I regret never going down to the afternoon rally......
Dr Chee is finally getting his long overdue vindication.....the final vindication will come when he is sworn into parliament!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP lunchtime rally back in 2006. PAP is so popular too!

11960091_10153126813917934_1304705973836864626_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ChannelNewsAsiaSingapore/posts/10153126816597934?pnref=story

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In a word for fairness to Low, I don't think he is lying. Any receivables from CIPC very unlikely to go to opposition town council. It would go into the sinking fund. So, the opposition town council would be left with a real deficit.

To the opposition, sinking fund is a bit like CPF. Money easy to go in, hard to take out. And it can only be spent on a small list of items.
Good point John. This post must be a great relieve for you as it must be hard for you to keep posting nonsense. Don't worry, there are some here who understands your good intention.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nobody say Low is lying. There may be some truth when Low said the TC is in deficit but that's not the whole story. At the end of the day, the TC is in surplus of $22K and the TC were handed $22.5 million dollars.

Low will be lucky if he did not get sued and bankrupt.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the end of the day, the TC is in surplus of $22K

There wasn't any surplus of $22k. Everyone is misled by Zainal.

If you have $300k receivables already in the accounts, and when you receive the money, this money is not a profit. Acc Deficit remains at $282k.

In accounting, you debit money $300k in BS and you credit receivables $300k in BS. Nothing goes to PL.

If your friend owes you money, and when you receive the money, you don't call this profit.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
so the counter attack reply was actually false and die i say - a lie?

Lie or not, I don't know.

The point is, financial reporting is done in accrual basis. The accountant/auditor would have already added this $300k income (or profit) to the bottom line if this sum is claimable for the period, which is also why you find $300k in receivables.

In accounting you debit $300k receivables in BS and you credit $300k "grant" income in PL.

The acc deficit of $282k already included this $300k.

Zainal probably did not realise this part.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lie or not, I don't know.

The point is, financial reporting is done in accrual basis. The accountant/auditor would have already added this $300k income (or profit) to the bottom line if this sum is claimable for the period, which is also why you find $300k in receivables.

In accounting you debit $300k receivables in BS and you credit $300k "grant" income in PL.

The acc deficit of $282k already included this $300k.

Zainal probably did not realise this part.

Is TC accounts based on accrual or cash? I know gov depts accounts are based on cash. If so, then Zainal is correct.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is TC accounts based on accrual or cash? I know gov depts accounts are based on cash. If so, then Zainal is correct.

Am I right to say that since the term "accounts receivable" is used, then it should be based on accrual?

I am not an accountant.

marjojohn

Alfrescian
Loyal

John Tan u talk sense!!! Sinking fund is like reserve!!! LTK is speaking the truth! Aljunied GRC know it!! Heard that bookie stop taking Aljunied GRC becos results foregone!!! WP to win by majority!!! Now EC & MP shaking. Dr Chee should steer clear of WP and work in the WEST!!! Dun let ppl feel he's spoiler of opposition. Afterall already spend so much time in politics better sincerely fight for the ppl!!

marjojohn

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think PAP will handover $22m to the opposition!!! Use the cow sense also know!!! Can see cannot use more likely!! Never trust PAP anymore!!! All wayang here & there~!!!

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think PAP will handover $22m to the opposition!!! Use the cow sense also know!!! Can see cannot use more likely!! Never trust PAP anymore!!! All wayang here & there~!!!

Marjojohn, waiting for your latest straw poll on Holland Bukit Timah.