• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why is CSJ quoting the bible?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mathew 16:26
New International Version
What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mathew 16:26
New International Version
What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

This Christian is trying to convert everybody in Singapore. Lots of Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Taoist, etc will be in trouble if this evangelist succeed. Sad that he resorts to religion for his own ends.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Christian is trying to convert everybody in Singapore. Lots of Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Taoist, etc will be in trouble if this evangelist succeed. Sad that he resorts to religion for his own ends.

Dumb fuck.. He is merely quoting to express a point.. Not convert what shit religion.. Go fuck yourself.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

The Bible is a collection of morals, amongst other things. He did not say he was quoting from the Bible. So for a non-Christian, it was just a good moral saying taken at face value. He is a Christian, so that's his source of moral values and saying. A Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Taoist, etc can share morals from their faiths too. All faiths have something to teach us in the secular world.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let me translate for you. What CSJ is really saying is that you are a well adjusted PAP dog!

[video=youtube;zXEIYpnlxbw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXEIYpnlxbw[/video]

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, he's trying to use this verse to say that the PAP is selling out Singapore's soul by going for GDP growth and material riches for the elite at the expense of the common folk and the poor. He could also quote from Buddhist or Hindu scriptures, but being a Christian he's not familiar with them.

He didn't even say that the verse was from the bible. And this verse is not about conversion. It's about a fundamental moral principle that all religions agree upon.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, he's trying to use this verse to say that the PAP is selling out Singapore's soul by going for GDP growth and material riches for the elite at the expense of the common folk and the poor. He could also quote from Buddhist or Hindu scriptures, but being a Christian he's not familiar with them.

He didn't even say that the verse was from the bible. And this verse is not about conversion. It's about a fundamental moral principle that all religions agree upon.

To the Christian nutjobs, all moral principles come from the Bible. Heathens and false religions have zero claim to morality. :biggrin:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's not right if you quote God's words if you don't give glory to Him! And claimed it yourself!

Will he get it from God?!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's not right if you quote God's words if you don't give glory to Him! And claimed it yourself!

Will he get it from God?!

If he says it's Mark 8:36, all the non-Christians will say that he's evangelising and trying to convert them. There's no need to mention the bible because it's used as a general moral statement. The way a journalist would write, "As you sow, so shall you reap" without attributing it to the bible.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now he will get more xtians support. Ms Vivian is farked.

I believe the quote is directed at the PAP in general and VB in particular.
If one looks at VB before he became a politician and as he is now, I am afraid it looks like his soul had a price and the price was paid. The words, examples and attitudes VB displays looks like more than political posturing. It looks like a profound change of heart. Oh well, a few million a year can buy alot. Don't think it cannot happen to you.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I believe the quote is directed at the PAP in general and VB in particular.
If one looks at VB before he became a politician and as he is now, I am afraid it looks like his soul had a price and the price was paid. The words, examples and attitudes VB displays looks like more than political posturing. It looks like a profound change of heart. Oh well, a few million a year can buy alot. Don't think it cannot happen to you.

If one has a strong moral foundation and brought up with the right values, one would be less likely to turn to the dark side.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm happy to see IBs start threads like these.....
They are very scare of Dr Chee.....clutching at straws now.
Turning of the tide.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
To the Christian nutjobs, all moral principles come from the Bible. Heathens and false religions have zero claim to morality. :biggrin:

In case you haven't noticed, we have a GE going on. Can you put your anti-Christian stance on hold?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly, Dr Chee surprised me with his heart-warming speech. His rally speech on 3rd Sep was, by far the best rally speech I have ever heard , not because he was articulate, but because he spoke as one who is truly able to empathize with the poor, the underprivileged and those who are suffering for he himself has gone through the path of the poor and downtrodden.

This is going to be a tough contest for the hearts and minds of the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC 's residents for the fight will be between the solid proven record of the PAP team and ideals and dreams of a new, compassionate Singapore, a Singapore with a soul as expounded by the SDP team.

My hope is may the best candidate wins.

Last edited: