• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shanmugam: wP Engaged In Personal Attacks! Called Me A Dog And Ah Gong A Liar!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP calls Mr Lee Kuan Yew a liar and me a barking dog
--------------------
I found it very regrettable that at an attack was made on the late Mr ‪#‎LeeKuanYew‬ at the WP at their rally yesterday.

One of the speakers, Mr Lim Ee Ping called Mr Lee a liar who had hung onto power until he died.
For good measure he also called me a barking dog.

Because I had pointed out that the High Court had said that they had been dishonest. And that if their Town Council had been a company, it might have faced criminal sanctions. And that none of my questions on what they did had been answered.

Disappointing that the WP officially sanctions these vile personal attacks, against our founding PM who has passed away; and calling me a dog.
At the same rally Mr Gerald Giam said that they dont engage in personal attacks.

Source: K. Shanmugam facebook page 5th Sept 2015

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ah 三毛巾...How is ur upgrading of ceca agreement going?...how many more shitskin chiu bringing in tis time? :biggrin::biggrin:

INDIA MAY TAKE SINGAPORE TO WTO FOR VIOLATION OF CECA

he new measures taken by Singapore to control the influx of foreigners working in Singapore ‘has irked India as the new law does not give India a preferential treatment incorporated in the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CECA) between the two countries, operational since 2005. This stance by the Singapore Government is expected to affect Indians working as middle-level managers, executives and technicians.

Speculation is rife that India might take up the issue with World Trade Organization’s (WTO) dispute settlement body. However, according to Singapore such a decision was imperative in the interest of the natives as the share of the foreign workforce is rising very rapidly.

“… I do not think we have contravened our commitments in the WTO or the CECA. Moreover, this is not specifically targeted to any one country. We remain very open to foreign talent,” a senior Singapore government official told Business Standard…. According to Indian officials involved in the negotiations, this is a violation of the services trade agreement under CECA. This will also adversely affect Indians who are working there as it might lead to job losses, especially for the middle level workers.

India has submitted a request to Singapore for addressing the matter but has not received a formal communication yet.

Currently, there are about 200,000 non-resident Indians in Singapore working in ITES, financial services and scientific research sectors among others, according to one estimate.’ – Business Standard 29 Oct.

Did Singapore sign an agreement with India or any other country that allows that country unlimited entry of its people into the island? Can this really be the case? Imagine a little island of 760 sq km signing such an agreement with countries that have more than a billion people and they can send any number of people they want here? I don’t think Singapore officials are that stupid right? There must be some misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the agreements in this case by India. No silly govt in the world will open their country to any country with no restrictions. It is like inviting an invasion and a takeover of the country.

What is happening? I have faith that our super talents with foresight and great intelligence would not sell out the country blindly with such agreements. How can it be?

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Calling chiu a dog...really insult de men best friend...:biggrin::biggrin:

http://articles.economictimes.india...comprehensive-economic-co-operation-agreement

Negotiations on to upgrade CECA with India: Singapore

PTIJul 25, 2015, 09.46PM IST
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Tags:

• [*=center]

(Singapore is keen to upgrade…)

COIMBATORE: Singapore is keen to upgrade its existingComprehensive Economic Co-operation Agreement (CECA) as the East Asian country wants to be a 'partner' in economic development here.
"We want to be a partner in India's economic growth. We want a strategic partnership to deepen bilateral economic and people to people relations," K Shanmugam, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Law of Singapore, said here today.

pixel.gif

He was speaking at the International Business Conference 2015. India has a huge youth force and they should be "skill trained as otherwise they would become angry young men", he said.
On the occasion, Union Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said though the economy was liberalised in the early 90s, India's image of being a regulatory and control driven economy still persisted.
"We are working on removing that image. The government should be seen as a facilitator and not a regulator," she said.
Later talking to reporters, she said differences over GST (Goods and Services Tax) have been ironed out. "Government is hopeful about passing it during the current Parliament session if it works."
Even as negotiations are on for agreements with Australia, Canada and European Union, the ministry is also exploring the possibility of Free Trade Agreements with Eurasia and Latin American countries, especiallyPeru, she said.
A study group has been formed to assess trade potential in Eurasian countries, Sitharaman said.
"There are a lot of discussions that are going on (for FTAs) now," she said.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hope PM Lee sues Gilbert for calling him a 'traitor', and I hope Shanmugam sues WP candidates for calling him a 'dog' and Ah Gong a 'liar'. The opposition really got no substance. Only can use personal attacks! Tsk tsk.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) a dog is a man's best friend. He is calling you friend Shamu.

2) No human is perfect, not even you old man. Everyone has lied. Especially the one who worked for the Japs.

marjojohn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope PM Lee sues Gilbert for calling him a 'traitor', and I hope Shanmugam sues WP candidates for calling him a 'dog' and Ah Gong a 'liar'. The opposition really got no substance. Only can use personal attacks! Tsk tsk.

Ah gong call Dr Chee a liar b4 n talked like gangster. Tat time he' s boss ppl all tiam tiam. He dare say he nver lie b4 meh? Only ah gong can counter e person tat call him a liar bcos omly he knows. Calling a person barking dog is like calling a person running dog 走狗 like calling john tan running dog so fairly acceptable. Like I m sure sme of yr frends call you doggie john tan!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP calls Mr Lee Kuan Yew a liar and me a barking dog
--------------------
I found it very regrettable that at an attack was made on the late Mr ‪#‎LeeKuanYew‬ at the WP at their rally yesterday.

One of the speakers, Mr Lim Ee Ping called Mr Lee a liar who had hung onto power until he died.
For good measure he also called me a barking dog.

Because I had pointed out that the High Court had said that they had been dishonest. And that if their Town Council had been a company, it might have faced criminal sanctions. And that none of my questions on what they did had been answered.

Disappointing that the WP officially sanctions these vile personal attacks, against our founding PM who has passed away; and calling me a dog.
At the same rally Mr Gerald Giam said that they dont engage in personal attacks.

Source: K. Shanmugam facebook page 5th Sept 2015

Sue the fellow then. Btw, Mr Lim's Hokkien was power!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Traitor has many definitions.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok Sham, don't call you dog call you naii (நாய்) can? WTF a dog is a dog how will you call it?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thin skin bastards. Chee Soon Juan suffered their personal attacks for so many years and old liar even threaten to send him to IMH.
Every word WP say about Ah Gong is true.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come a huge country like india needs such a preferential treatment from a small country. Anyway such shit skins have no shame.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of my late mothers' generation will call him, " hak kwei", " hak how". " kek leng kwei"....& " Mah lai....." hmm! poLEEtically not correct, these are the Chinese Chauvinist types....this kek leng, can not stand the heat, "get out of the kitchen"....

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Thin skin bastards. Chee Soon Juan suffered their personal attacks for so many years and old liar even threaten to send him to IMH.
Every word WP say about Ah Gong is true.

Agree totally. Also Mr Lim Ee Ping was only speaking the truth. So fuck you and fuck off Shanmu the dog. :oIo: