• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Predictions

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally I really hope WP win Marine parade, as they will lose TCJ and GCT. A symbolic move that will disprove the belief that PAP will always rule Singapore when even a former PM is voted out.

To my fellow residents of MP, show the PAP the people are not to be paid lip service, while PAP does whatever they want. Show them we are serious.

Feedback received indicates the Woody factor is still positive in MP. How not to when many voters are easily satisfied with upgrading - lifts, drop-off areas et cetera when all these should be done without any credit given in the first place. They are necessities and are paid with taxpayers' money.

I read with alarm someone in the PAP camp who talked about building more hawker centres in S'pore and how these centres are icons in S'pore. Holy shit! We don't need to pay millions to ministers and office holders and hundreds of thousands to senior civil servants to come out with such ideas. Let's get real. This hawker centres idea, even a PSLE hawker can tell you that and he does not take taxpayers' $$$$$ for the suggestion.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This WP Team for Marine Parade GRC certainly give you value for money if you vote for them.

If majority of voters die-die still vote for Woody and his impotent team, then MP voters don't deserve this WP team. They are better off with Desmond and company or the Sebas-led NSP team. Find me a weak link in this WP team.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I suspect Paul Thambyah will play a key role in neutralising the Chee baggage of the past. That is why I placed them in the second tier. Hope you are right on the 50-50 for the 3 SMCs. I would love to be proven wrong.

I really hope you are proven wrong. Ideally would like to see more go to the opposition. Just gaining East Coast, Fengshan and Potong Pasir is not enough. Holland-BT 42%-47% would be a bummer. Anyway, never say never and it's ain't over until the fat lady sings :biggrin:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see Leon very-the-up and hope EC voters realise that this Ah Leon is easily more than MP calibre. He may have praised the MIW a little but I suspect it is all part of his strategy. Not easy to graduate with double first from Oxford. Most importantly, he has the heart to serve unlike MIWs who serve but looks at the $$$ first. Easily the best candidate from WP this GE. I just hope he is more combative than CSM when in parliament.

Yes Leon is impressive. More impressive than toothpick Robin. So He's the de facto leader rather than Gerald. But Gerald has improved too, more matured and more passion. Yes it's going to be very close!

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect Paul Thambyah will play a key role in neutralising the Chee baggage of the past. That is why I placed them in the second tier. Hope you are right on the 50-50 for the 3 SMCs. I would love to be proven wrong.

Personally I feel unlikely to be enuf. If they can garner 42% this time ill be happy, coz it shows that they have risen from the ashes.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read with alarm someone in the PAP camp who talked about building more hawker centres in S'pore and how these centres are icons in S'pore. Holy shit! We don't need to pay millions to ministers and office holders and hundreds of thousands to senior civil servants to come out with such ideas. Let's get real. This hawker centres idea, even a PSLE hawker can tell you that and he does not take taxpayers' $$$$$ for the suggestion.

They see hawker centres as icons, to everyone else these are places for affordable food.
Talk about out of touch.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes Leon is impressive. More impressive than toothpick Robin. So He's the de facto leader rather than Gerald. But Gerald has improved too, more matured and more passion. Yes it's going to be very close!

If you observe CSM and LP closely, they are the complete opposite of GMS. Given their impressive academic credentials and work achievements, they never attempt to outshine their WP seniors. CSM will always be behind LTK and SL. He doesn't grab the mic like two PAP clowns. LP plays the same game. He shows respect to GG and makes no attempts to outshine his comrades. Contrast this with that Chee Hong kia.

Going further, look at the LTK-SL combination. SL plays the number 2 role well even though she has good support from within. She never seize the opportunity to outshine LTK. The dynamics are right in the WP and for this reason, GMS had to leave.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really hope you are proven wrong. Ideally would like to see more go to the opposition. Just gaining East Coast, Fengshan and Potong Pasir is not enough. Holland-BT 42%-47% would be a bummer. Anyway, never say never and it's ain't over until the fat lady sings :biggrin:

Yes, I really hope to be proven wrong.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Genuine wind of change ...............

Sinkies missed their chance. After GE2011, PAP got scared and acted. Built 100,000 HDB flats in 5 years and more to come. So, one group of opposition voters are now happy and will vote for PAP again. Look at your own social media. How many of your friends (friends, not comments by people you don't know and may be clone accounts) are anti-pap?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies missed their chance. After GE2011, PAP got scared and acted. Built 100,000 HDB flats in 5 years and more to come. So, one group of opposition voters are now happy and will vote for PAP again. Look at your own social media. How many of your friends (friends, not comments by people you don't know and may be clone accounts) are anti-pap?

Ah John, not everyone is a fool. Some may vote PAP because of self-fear or because of weak opposition. But voters are more intelligent nowadays. How did WP succeed in Aljunied? Why did PE voters reject Dr Anal for an ordinary Ah Lian?

Agreed - more flats were built. Why? Because more opposition in Parliament. Why weren't they built earlier then? Failure to anticipate more applicants? MBT masturbating everyday in office? LTK is spot on when he listed out the drastic changes made after 2011. If S'pore is to progress, more opposition members must be in parliament - the credible ones of course.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk so much. When are you going to bring LTK to HFJ ?

Now not the right time. He is busy with GE. When I bring him after GE, must be careful that he is not spotted like the previous MP for JC. Chan Si Sen or something like that. When he was still MP and goes call chicken in licensed brothel in Geylang, his close friend will check if anyone in the fuckshop first.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your biggest shock will be CCK GRC going to Goh Meng Seng, your boss.

Unlikely. PAP's Low Yen Ling has a strangle hold on her constituency.... loved by all at Gombak. Tonight's PPP Rally at Gombak Stadium will confirm.

Hope WP will take EC and MP GRCs as well as Fengshan and Macpherson SMCs besides their strongholds.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unlikely. PAP's Low Yen Ling has a strangle hold on her constituency.... loved by all at Gombak. Tonight's PPP Rally at Gombak Stadium will confirm.

Prof GMS and team should be able to garner 30-35%. Won't lose deposit but result will be one that no one will shout about. Hope he goes into retirement after this GE.