• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

going australia for good!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks good bro, that's what i am thinking also, i am getting tired of the s'pore way of life. at least there is still job for me in australia and i won't end up being a security guard here.

If its about not being a security guard. Then I suggest you don't come here. A global recession is coming.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australia is ideal for education and retirement, not really ideal for finding jobs at this moment.

Australia is like a continent, some cities are really ideal for Asian/singaporeans and some are worse than Geylang.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am going to australia, what do you all think? good compared to s'pore? what is your take?

how to compare Australia with S'pore.............Australia got PAP meh........they also got no COE, ERP, CPF, etc etc...............must think carefully...........

if you decide not to go, ask if i can take your place or not...........i sacrifice a bit never mind............

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks all. i did my own research already and i think it's still worth a shot. frankly, i have been researching from library and internet, seems to me for the next 10 years, s'pore will be bleak, not joking. i used quantitative analysis via R software to calculate the GDP for next 10 years if you ask. by then i will be in my fifties. worst case scenario, i will end up as a security guard. healthcare wise, i have 3 insurance policies but i dun feel secured cos' i am a smoker and drinker.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks all. i did my own research already and i think it's still worth a shot. frankly, i have been researching from library and internet, seems to me for the next 10 years, s'pore will be bleak, not joking. i used quantitative analysis via R software to calculate the GDP for next 10 years if you ask. by then i will be in my fifties. worst case scenario, i will end up as a security guard. healthcare wise, i have 3 insurance policies but i dun feel secured cos' i am a smoker and drinker.

Dude Aussie GDP zero 2nd quarter this year. Canada already in recession!
http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/gdp-how-australias-second-quarter-national-accounts-compare-20150902-gjdgt6.html

Switch to ecigs and do away the alcohol man. If your face turn red with alcohol stop now. Can cause Cancer in the long run.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everywhere has their ups and downs. Wherever we are, we try to make the best of the situation we're in. If we're not a situation of war, or some kind of strife, there is no need to leave. If you go, go for reasons that you find favourable there, and dwell, immerse yourself in them. If you are getting out of Singapore to avoid problems, there will be problems there as well. Some issues are because of the peoples/culture/norms, some are personal. You will have to face up to them. Good luck, wish you all the best!

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
may thanks all good bros for your valuable feedback. cheers!

There has been no useful feedback whatsoever because you have not defined what you're looking for.

Besides Australia is HUGE and each region, each town and each city has its pros and cons. You might hate Sydney but love Melbourne or you might find Brisbane just right for you.

It all depends on what you want out of your life.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
There has been no useful feedback whatsoever because you have not defined what you're looking for.

Besides Australia is HUGE and each region, each town and each city has its pros and cons. You might hate Sydney but love Melbourne or you might find Brisbane just right for you.

It all depends on what you want out of your life.

thanks boss! i said thanks cos' i do not want to be swayed by suggestions again, i am going to melbourne. i am looking at lifestyle as a working class, 9 to 5 pm kind, knock off on the dot and no nonsense to stay back at work kind. i am lacking drive back in s'pore, feel very cooped up here. can't explain, i think i like ang mo girls better.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
thanks boss! i said thanks cos' i do not want to be swayed by suggestions again, i am going to melbourne. i am looking at lifestyle as a working class, 9 to 5 pm kind, knock off on the dot and no nonsense to stay back at work kind. i am lacking drive back in s'pore, feel very cooped up here. can't explain, i think i like ang mo girls better.

Working life in the big cities can be just as stressful in Australia as it is in Singapore.

I would suggest you settle down in a small but upmarket rural town and get a job at the local supermarket if you want a stress free environment.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Working life in the big cities can be just as stressful in Australia as it is in Singapore.

I would suggest you settle down in a small but upmarket rural town and get a job at the local supermarket if you want a stress free environment.

i am thinking of getting a cert as a technician or maybe nursing as a matter of fact.