• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No, it won't work for you, PM

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Nomination Day over, it is time for the election campaigning to begin and the PAP has lost no time in strategically unfurling banner after banner and poster after poster in all the constituencies up for grabs.

But one fresh tactic that has been unseen before this election has been the plastering of PM Lee Hsien Loong’s face with the tagline With You, For You, For Singapore, all over the island to complement the respective PAP candidate posters. It appears as though the idea is to centralize the call to vote for PAP by using the PM as the focal point.

However, this strategy only works when the focal point is a charismatic leader with the power to draw the people together. In PM Lee Hsien Loong’s case, he is at best considered ‘an ok guy’, not some polarising figure.

In fact, the converse may be true that he represents all that is wrong with the current government, which then serves to be a stark reminder to the people that even if they were choosing their beloved MP who has served them well as a grassroots leader, they are ultimately ‘voting for this guy’.

Under that premise, these posters would have the exact opposite effect of making voters feel like actively NOT voting for PAP in spite of their inclinations.

Perhaps the base idea of this approach is to channel Mr Lee Kuan Yew, who has proven to be indeed the kind of magical focal point that could unite a divided country – as demonstrated by the national outpouring of grief at his demise in March.

However, Singaporeans hardly relate to Lee Hsien Loong being the son of Lee Kuan Yew any more, especially with most voters seeing the governance under him as the ‘new PAP’ versus the ‘old PAP’ helmed by our first prime minister.

This marketing angle therefore has more potential to cause damage to the PAP campaign than it has to convince and reassure the electorate. It remains to be seen whether all this will spectacularly backfire on 9/11 at GE2015.

* Article first appeared on The Online Citizen.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read it as ...: NO, I WON'T WORK FOR YOU, PM.

This is what Lui Tuck Yew said to Pinky.. Resign and move on... I respect him for this..

This is unlike the soldier boy, Ng chee meng who is issued an order to be a lap-dog...
Darly David is another choir boy...

I detest these people who do not live their own life but has to be dictated by others.

No back-bone scums...

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
no matter

no matter how awesome the oppo crowd

no matter how good the oppo speakers

pap will continue to carry the flag of victory

silly or not, singaporeans will continue to patronize pap and vote pap

and return pap to power to form the next government. this is a fact!!!!!!!

majulah singapura!!!

pap-joan-pereira-2-sep-data.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is what Lui Tuck Yew said to Pinky.. Resign and move on... I respect him for this..

This is unlike the soldier boy, Ng chee meng who is issued an order to be a lap-dog...

I detest these people who do not live their own life but has to be dictated by others.

No back-bone scums...

pls wear your glasses.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans man your battle stations!
Singapore needs you now!

Put your support for Singapore on Facebook
Twitter to your friends
WhatsApp to your friends
Get a tsunami of support for Singapore Singaporeans

OPPOSITIONS ARE THE DIFFERENT FACES OF THE TRUE SINGAPORE
PAP IS THE FACE OF SEPTIC OVERFLOWING TOILET BOWLS AND CORRUPTIONS AND OF STINKAPORE

Cleanse PAP Stinkapore into Singaporeans Singapore.
Vote only opposition
Vote out all the fucking corrupt PAPs

This fight is not just your voting for opposition, any opposition against the PAP
Singaporeans must do much more than just relying on their single vote.
Give them the money to support them in the fight.
Give them your time and energy to support them in the fight
They fight for you Singaporeans
They fight our common enemy
They fight the PAP and cronies, corrupt and rotten to the core, who stole over 180 billions from Singaporeans, and intent on stealing even more from us.

Support Opposition, any Opposition, all Opposition
Regardless if they have primary school, or O levels or A levels or PhD
Regardless if they wear singlets, or tuxedos
Regardless if they wear slippers, or wear sneakers or shoes
Even if a rat crawl out of a sewer and stand as Opposition
Even if a cockroach with 6 legs and 2 long feelers at the head become Opposition
They will be much better for Singaporeans than the fucking corrupt perverted PAPs who only think of laughing all the way to their banks and back from the banks
Under the fucking PAP, Singaporeans are the 4th class citizens in their own land stolen from them by PAP
PAPs are the 2nd class citizens with the Lee family as the first class aristocrazies
Fts are taken in as the 3rd class citizens kicking singaporeans into the 4th class and sinkies good only to go head down down and arseholes up high high to be fucked and tiewed by PAPs laughing all the way to their banks.

jw5

Loyal
Daryl David is no choir boy, lol.............................

No back-bone scums...