• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Citizens may tilt the balance in East Coast GRC

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tide has moved against PAP with the demise of LKY. Even PAP MPs are jettisoning themselves.

WP will gun down East Coast GRC with ease. It helps when a member of the team has had exposure as NCMP for a term. This was how SL became a MP in Aljunied GRC.

I would say Marine Parade would have been easy meat for WP if not for Wooden. But Yenn JJ has taken good advantage of media exposure, and if Joo Chiat had not been dissolved YJJ would have walked straight into Parliament, stepping on the face of a lesser mortal PAP MP.

swimorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tide has moved against PAP with the demise of LKY. Even PAP MPs are jettisoning themselves.

WP will gun down East Coast GRC with ease. It helps when a member of the team has had exposure as NCMP for a term. This was how SL became a MP in Aljunied GRC.

I would say Marine Parade would have been easy meat for WP if not for Wooden. But Yenn JJ has taken good advantage of media exposure, and if Joo Chiat had not been dissolved YJJ would have walked straight into Parliament, stepping on the face of a lesser mortal PAP MP.

Yup it was astute of the PAP to 'dissolve' Joo Chiat otherwise it would have fallen for sure.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Given the xenophobic and racist nature of most opposition cocksuckers, the new citizen Ah Nehs would be flocking to PAP in droves.

WP may be able to win some votes if they openly align with independent candidate Samir in Bukit Batok, and help him beat PAP and SDP.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parts of east coast GRC has been carved out to fengshan:(

QUOTE=NanoSpeed;2280542]The tide has moved against PAP with the demise of LKY. Even PAP MPs are jettisoning themselves.

I would say Marine Parade would have been easy meat for WP if not for Wooden. But Yenn JJ has taken good advantage of media exposure, and if Joo Chiat had not been dissolved YJJ would have walked straight into Parliament, stepping on the face of a lesser mortal PAP MP.[/QUOTE]

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree. EC is in the bag. MP tougher. Whstever is said about Woody, he is the PAP strongman there. If he is not in the equation, TCJ has to look for another job.

JC would be JJ's if SMC.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. EC is in the bag. MP tougher. Whstever is said about Woody, he is the PAP strongman there. If he is not in the equation, TCJ has to look for another job.

Agree, EC in the bag (52-53% to WP). Zorro'd better start sending out his resumés.

I don't see MP falling, maybe closer than GE2011, because of 2 reasons: 1) Wooden is still a popular chap with PAP supporters and older folk; 2) MacPherson which is the most pro-opposition ward has been carved out into an SMC, with TPL as a (potential) sacrificial lamb.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree, EC in the bag (52-53% to WP). Zorro'd better start sending out his resumés.

I don't see MP falling, maybe closer than GE2011, because of 2 reasons: 1) Wooden is still a popular chap with PAP supporters and older folk; 2) MacPherson which is the most pro-opposition ward has been carved out into an SMC, with TPL as a (potential) sacrificial lamb.

MP is doable. Many include pap forget the serangoon division of MP was a 黑区。that the real reason why serangoon central is under MP grc. With the spill over effect from aljunied, sure residents there will answer WP call to arms. If WP can get 60% of the votes in this division, should be enough to counter whatever charm woody still have over his original MP division.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
MP is doable. Many include pap forget the serangoon division of MP was a 黑区。that the real reason why serangoon central is under MP grc. With the spill over effect from aljunied, sure residents there will answer WP call to arms. If WP can get 60% of the votes in this division, should be enough to counter whatever charm woody still have over his original MP division.

in 2011 WP created history by winning a GRC for the 1st time. in 2015 WP will create another history by sending a PAP ex-PM to his overdue retirement.

have faith in MP voters. I am one of them.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't mind EC 50.01% and the same for MP. MP voters must ask themselves if having ESM is useful. GCT is no longer PM. As ESM, he is a nobody. MP residents won't be getting anything extra. GCT is machiam an ordinary MP.

Also, MP voters should think macro. For the sake of this country, WP MP candidates must be despatched into parliament. The credentials of these candidates should, hopefully, convinced MP voters that these are serious people.