• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fat Fcuk Desmond Lim Thinks He Can Beat DPM And Chief-of-Defence! Crazy Idiot!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It would appear that Desmond Lim has been in the news for all the wrong reasons.

First, after an edited clip of a campaign video for the 2013 Punggol East by-election went viral earlier this month, netizens skewered the Singapore Democratic Alliance (SDA) chairman for his poor command of the English language. But he’s taking the jibes in his stride. “I humbly tell [them] that this is me, and that I’m always trying to improve,” Mr Lim said. “I cannot stop those who wish to laugh at me, because I’m only concerned with things which are within my control.”

In this vein, what about his track record at the ballot boxes – even if they were three or four-cornered fights – something which is within his control? After all, the second criticism has been his poor performance as a political veteran. During the 2011 general elections and the 2013 by-election in Punggol East he garnered just 4.45 per cent and 0.57 per cent of the votes respectively, and as a result lost his election deposit on both occasions.

2015_008_28_TMG_Najeer_Desmond_Lim_InterviewIMG_3408-300x200.jpg

SDA's Mr Desmond Lim
SDA’s Mr Desmond Lim
“Before it was carved out, the Punggol East SMC was part of the Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC during the 2006 general elections, and for that reason we had to make our presence felt there, to be responsible to the constituents who had supported us,” Mr Lim justified his decision to contest in 2011. He was part of a six-candidate SDA team which secured 31.30 per cent of the votes in 2006. And when I pressed him about his less-than-stellar showing since 2001, he conceded that “I did not act as a candidate”. He spoke of his many responsibilities beyond his own constituency, as a logistics officer and vote-canvasser in Potong Pasir (2001 and 2006) for Chiam See Tong and in Pasir Ris-Punggol (2011) for a new slate of party candidates.

The “firepower” was missing too, he added.

So what has changed this year? Raising his profile as the leader of the SDA slate in Pasir Ris-Punggol this year seems to be the obvious, especially against the PAP team helmed by DPM Teo Chee Hean. Besides the recent release of its “Singapore for Singaporeans” manifesto, Mr Lim shared more about a charity arm which provides a daily lunch service, legal aid, as well as dental check-ups within the constituency. Furthermore, framing the SDA as a party which echoes “the voice of the ordinary Singaporean”, he has also been walking the ground to gauge sentiments, collecting audio interviews with residents along the way.

SDA will announce its line-up on Nomination Day, Mr Lim revealed. The team might include Harminder Pal Singh – a crowd-favourite at the NUSS dialogue two weeks ago – who also joined us at the end of our interview on Friday.

It is hard to doubt Mr Lim’s sincerity and ruggedness, especially when he detailed his thankless labour (my words) in the background. Fuelled by sips of coffee – having had just two hours of sleep in the past week – when we met at McDonald’s Kallang, I asked him to list the administrative tasks he had to see to. There were the nomination forms and elections deposits to handle before Nomination Day, for instance, and once the campaigning period commences, the flags, banners, posters, and flyers will follow. Not to mention the hectic preparations for the rallies, in terms of getting the stage and speakers all ready.

If his bid is successful, his experience in town council management – having served 14 years as a consultant to the Potong Pasir Town Council, as Mr Chiam’s right-hand man – will be an asset. “I have set up a shadow town council with a core team of six, who has been trained in administration, operations, IT, finance, public relations, as well as landscaping and conservancy,” he said. “The handing and taking over process is the most important to understand the orientation and demarcations, counterchecking the list of residents.”

This process was the first of 13 procedures he listed, contained in a private document which also specified the structure and main councillors of this shadow town council.

Yet, perhaps it is his legislative agenda – and its communication – which may not necessarily resonate, or distinguish the SDA from the other opposition parties in a crowded field. Municipal issues are important to the voter, though with a more active citizenry the MP is expected to perform as a parliamentarian, raising important socio-economic issue.

Hence, Mr Lim raised the Population White Paper, the Central Provident Fund, and housing as main policies he would challenge if he was elected. These were also three of the seven issues published in the SDA’s manifesto. While not against immigration, and even if it is mooted as an “ambitious stretch target”, he opposes the 6.9 million figure; calls for higher returns on CPF investments without touching the principal sum in the accounts; and champions more affordable public housing as well as a greater supply of rental housing.

What is the mood of the people today? “Based on our groundwork in Pasir Ris-Punggol – with more than a thousand [voice interviews and conversations] – people feel that Singapore does not belong to them, that they are money-making machines for the government, and therefore they think that it is time to reinstall their rights,” he said.

And as Mr Lim emerges from the background to the spotlight for the upcoming general elections, he is also providing the younger members with the exposure, training, and knowledge for the future. The fight in the next two weeks will not be easy, and will take more than panache in the face of scepticism or increasingly demanding voters to secure electoral victory. “For me, I will continue regardless of the outcome,” he responded when I asked about his plans if he was defeated on September 11, “but the SDA is not about me.” Strategic and leadership visions are in place for the next few years, it would appear.

Right now, “we will fight with confidence, get everything ready, and go all the way out.”

http://themiddleground.sg/2015/08/30/desmond-lim-toils-background/

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, give SDA a chance. Because their determination to stick to their cause to serve the people over the years is a proven track record.

Not like George Yeo and team, who left politics immediately after been defeated. Quitter!!

And it is true, Desmond Lim has the most town council experience of everyone out there in the Opposition.

In any case, time is not on our side. If PAP is given a resounded mandate this time round in 2015, you will be selling away Singapore to foreigners and giving away your children and children's future.

I attended the SDA rally in 2011. The ground was very soggy due to the rain and the turnout was pretty bad.
Yet, the manner SDA conducted their rally in spite of small numbers of turnout is commendable.

Vote for a coalition govt. Remember, do not spoil your vote! Spoling your vote is giving PAP an automatic walkover into lumparliament.

By the number of seats WP is contesting for, it is very clear it does not believe it is ready to form the next govt. Hence, the natural progression of politics in Singapore is to vote for the rest of the opposition parties contesting and wrestle away the 2/3 majority of PAP.

This means we will have to move to a coalition govt first, and make our voices heard in lumparliament. Time is not on our side. The foreigners are already at our gates, ready to take over our society.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cleanse PAP Stinkapore into Singaporeans Singapore.
VOTE ONLY OPPOSITION
VOTE OUT ALL THE FUCKING CORRUPT PAPs

This fight is not just your voting for opposition, any opposition against the PAP
Singaporeans must do much more than just relying on their single vote.
Give them the money to support them in the fight.
Give them your time and energy to support them in the fight
They fight for you Singaporeans
They fight our common enemy
They fight the PAP and cronies, corrupt and rotten to the core, who stole over 180 billions from Singaporeans, and intent on stealing even more from us.

Support Opposition, any Opposition, all Opposition
Regardless if they have primary school, or O levels or A levels or PhD
Regardless if they wear singlets, or tuxedos
Regardless if they wear slippers, or wear sneakers or shoes
Even if a rat crawl out of a sewer and stand as Opposition
Even if a cockroach with 6 legs and 2 long feelers at the head become Opposition
They will be much better for Singaporeans than the fucking corrupt perverted PAPs who only think of laughing all the way to their banks and back from the banks

UNDER THE FUCKING PAP, SINKIES ARE 4TH CLASS CITIZENS IN THEIR OWN LAND STOLEN FROM THEM BY PAP
PAPs ARE THE 2ND CLASS CITIZENS WITH THE LEE FAMILY AS THE FIRST CLASS ARISTOCRAZIES

FTs ARE TAKEN IN AS THE 3RD CLASS CITIZENS KICKING SINKIES INTO 4TH CLASS AND SINKIES GOOD ONLY TO GO
HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE FUCKED AND TIEWED BY PAPs LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS.

YOU MUST CANVAS FOR THE OPPOSITION, ANY OPPOSITION , BY TALKING TO YOUR FRIENDS AND THOSE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
UNITE ALL OF THEM TO VOTE OUT THE PAP AGAINST THEIR FUCKING FTs THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO PACK IN TO STEAL YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE

TALK TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS , AND TO PEOPLE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW
TELL THEM ALL TO TALK TO THEIR FRIENDS AND EVEN TO PEOPLE THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW

LET US REGAIN BACK OUR SINGAPORE FROM THE STINKAPORE THE PAPs ARE CREATING AT THE EXPENSE OF ALL OF US

STOP THE FUCKING PAPs FROM LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS AND BACK FROM THEIR FUCKING BANKS

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Right now, “we will fight with confidence, get everything ready, and go all the way out.”....

This bloke deserves respect for his guts to stand up against the mighty but dumb pappies in the GE, even though he is going to lose in the fight. Better to fight for his conviction than to let the pappies have the easy walkover.

A David Against Goliath kind of fight for this bloke but his audacity says a lot about the positive aspect of his character.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
... Vote for a coalition govt. Remember, do not spoil your vote! Spoling your vote is giving PAP an automatic walkover into lumparliament....

Only brain dead sinaporans will cast spoilt votes when there are now oppo parties in every nook and corner of this GE. Casting a spoilt vote is akin to giving it away to pappies...might as well stay at home and roast. Why turn up at polling station?

Give it to the oppo party lah and show pappies they are bad for the country.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This bloke deserves respect for his guts to stand up against the mighty but dumb pappies in the GE, even though he is going to lose in the fight. Better to fight for his conviction than to let the pappies have the easy walkover.

A David Against Goliath kind of fight for this bloke but his audacity says a lot about the positive aspect of his character.

David is a handsome young lad. This Desmond Lim is an ugly fat fcuk!

Nobody will ever equate an ugly fat fcuk, graduate of Wottongong-whateverthefcuk University as the underdog "David".

To the public, he is just some fat fcuk who shouldn't be wasting his time. That's the hard truth.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Amos Yee is not fat but he sure can fuck

Amos Yee already admitted on his videos that he can only fcuk himself. No girlfriend, so hand job all the way!!

David-and-Goliath contests are meant between acceptable-looking people, not fat, balding losers such as Desmond. How can he compare against the dashing, handsome and successful Lt-Gen Ng?

32405223%20-%2011_08_2014%20-%20pixndp2014.jpg

how-youtube-pwnd-sda-desmond-lim-1024x576.jpg

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos Yee already admitted on his videos that he can only fcuk himself. No girlfriend, so hand job all the way!!

David-and-Goliath contests are meant between acceptable-looking people, not fat, balding losers such as Desmond. How can he compare against the dashing, handsome and successful Lt-Gen Ng?

32405223%20-%2011_08_2014%20-%20pixndp2014.jpg

how-youtube-pwnd-sda-desmond-lim-1024x576.jpg

handsome my foot?

If want to fight go to cul-de-sac