• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The poor condition of Marine Parade Library is ESM's Goh's legacy

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“I have spent forty years there. Marine Parade was new in 1976 when I went there. I built up a community there…… I will leave it up to them to decide whether I’ve done a good job over the last 40 years.”

-- ESM Goh

THE DRIVEWAY has been in a perpetual state of repair for the past 10 years.

THE TILES lining the road facing the security hut have been chipped, debri uncleared for years.

RUSTY BARRIERS to prevent parents have been placed permanently to prevent parents from
waiting for their young children to borrow books. (The nearest public car park is a good 100
metres away, and needing to cross at least two roads).

RESERVED parking lots line the front but again, permanently blocked by rushy yellow barriers.

PARKING SPACES behind the library are 90% empty 90% of the time, with another big adjoining
car park (accessible by access cards only) also empty most of the time.

PARENTS keep driving round and round the small circle, burning up fuel and emitting hot air.

Yes, residents of Marine Parade will be the judge.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
There used to be movie theaters there, now all gone except for I12. Also the East Coast macs also gone! Used to be great place to makan after jogging and cycling.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
“I have spent forty years there. Marine Parade was new in 1976 when I went there. I built up a community there…… I will leave it up to them to decide whether I’ve done a good job over the last 40 years.”

-- ESM Goh

THE TILES lining the road facing the security hut have been chipped, debri uncleared for years.

RUSTY BARRIERS to prevent parents have been placed permanently to prevent parents from
waiting for their young children to borrow books. (The nearest public car park is a good 100

RESERVED parking lots line the front but again, permanently blocked by rushy yellow barriers.

PARKING SPACES behind the library are 90% empty 90% of the time, with another big adjoining

PARENTS keep driving round and round the small circle, burning up fuel and emitting hot air.

Yes, I agree - the library is not "friendly" at all and the car-parking are only for the elite and staff. Senior citizens who drives or even walking have to do so without "lift" and other facilities.

The books are "out of date" and no new editions.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
woody is trying to give you a bad dose of goverance. so what happened to the maintenance collected? was there profiteering? did MND investigate. will the library collapse tomorrow?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

-- ESM Goh

Yes, I agree - the library is not "friendly" at all and the car-parking are only for the elite and staff. Senior citizens who drives or even walking have to do so without "lift" and other facilities.

The books are "out of date" and no new editions.

Here, results of many walkovers in old fart's turf.

uBa7hP5.jpg

Jyb4MUu.jpg

FOxFWUx.jpg

NKvGEcA.png

YMn500B.png

jw5

Loyal
He would find it difficult to elaborate and give details on the "good job" he has done without a script prepared for him. :rolleyes:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
woody is trying to give you a bad dose of goverance. so what happened to the maintenance collected? was there profiteering? did MND investigate. will the library collapse tomorrow?

MND sleeping when comes to Pay And Pay gahmen

when comes to opposition ward their eye opened Super wide!!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The library is the showpiece building in the constitutency
and yet it is not taken care of. One has go through the library
to drop by the community centre.

No one has done anything in the past 10 years?

Victor Lye?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The library is the showpiece building in the constitutency
and yet it is not taken care of. One has go through the library
to drop by the community centre.

No one has done anything in the past 10 years?

Victor Lye?

Hey Victor Lye really care for residents, okay? Don't play play. :wink:

11889968_10154129450891416_1084661979656289481_o.jpg

11882394_10154129450831416_8097974293913927128_o.jpg