• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Vivian Balakrishnan: Only Rich or Corrupt people work for free

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Vivian has lost my vote for sure. I have provided this forum FOC since day one and I'm neither rich nor corrupt. I did it out of the goodness of my heart.

jw5

Loyal
Thank you from the bottom of our good hearts boss sam.

Vivian has lost my vote for sure. I have provided this forum FOC since day one and I'm neither rich nor corrupt. I did it out of the goodness of my heart.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only rich or corrupt person can work for free!!!
It shows that he has a bipolar personality and cannot think of middle way/ right way.
He insults whole group of volunteers and charities' people.
I do not know why LHL still keeps him in his cabinet!!!

GE2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
It shows that he has a bipolar personality and cannot think of middle way/ right way.

Vivian one stroke kill all SEA games volunteers. The volunteers don't look rich so they must be corrupt.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If this Vivian shit don't open his mouth I would not have known its a stinky pondek mouth.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Minister Vivian Balakrishnan: Only Rich or Corrupt people work for free[/h]admin / 18 hours ago

Speaking to members of the public at the National Day Rally forum, Minister for Environment and Water Resources Dr Vivian Balakrishnan said that there are only two type of people who will serve at zero cost – the wealthy or the corrupt.

Photo of Vivian from Youtube

Minister Vivian was responding to a question from the floor about the salaries of Members of Parliament and Dr Vivian said:

“Tell me who can afford to work for you for zero. There are people who can afford to work for you…apparently at zero. There are two kinds of people who can provide you services apparently at zero. Number 1: I’m already very rich. My bank account is full. I come back, I tell you I want to serve. Other kind of person: Why will that person actually cost more? The word is called corruption. That’s the word.

Don’t be seduced. The danger with elections is it’s an auction. Everybody would promise you the moon. Everybody would say they don’t need pay on the assumption either they don’t need to deliver, or things will go wrong.”

Minister Vivian’s comment is aimed at Opposition candidates who are volunteering without getting a single cents, and in some cases, having to fork out from their own pocket. His comment is however insulting to volunteers and politicians who do not draw a single cent from serving the people. Going by Minister Vivian’s logic, no poor or middle class Singaporean should stand for elections because they are corrupted.

talking bout himself

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is there to make up the numbers for the Indians.
So much for the much touted meritocracy that PAP keeps boasting about.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
09d.jpg

vivian-01.jpg