• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Launch in Kuala Lumpur

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can give me some advice on the property outlook in Malaysia (KL area). Was recommended The Colony by Infinitum, a new launch within the KL Golden Triangle, just beside Quill City Mall.

There are conflicting reports on the property outlook of properties in Malaysia. While some have predicted that the property prices should increase in the near term due to weakening of ringgit that will see the increase in the material and construction costs, others have questioned the political stability and weakening of the ringgit that may deter foreign investments.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from 3 days trip in KL. Was at Pavilion Mall most of the time. They are collection interest for the Pavilion Suite. http://www.pavilion-suites.com/
I have no idea about KL property. But this one looks smack in the middle of the shopping area. But I don't expect it to be cheap...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from 3 days trip in KL. Was at Pavilion Mall most of the time. They are collection interest for the Pavilion Suite. http://www.pavilion-suites.com/
I have no idea about KL property. But this one looks smack in the middle of the shopping area. But I don't expect it to be cheap...

For Singaporeans it is very cheap. :smile:
It was at S$1200 psf but I think sold out liao.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$1200psf might as well buy in singapore already. But pavillion branding in KL town center is rather prestigious, I'll give it that.
Still, if what you say is accurate, we're looking at 3500RM psf. Eye popping for KL.

According to property sector executives, the details of the number of units taken up so far have not been disclosed as the sales were only done on an invited basis.

“The cheapest units are going for more than RM3mil each and there are takers for them,” said an executive.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/05/06/Record-prices-for-apartments/?style=biz

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unbelievable.
Not too sure where the investors are from. Who are you going to offload on future?
Only developers are selling. They've the budget to sell around the world.
But for individual investors of will be very difficult. Currently the number of new developments are a lot.
With the Low oil price, the pool of tenants from the oil related industries in KL central will be shrinking.

Just check the rental advertisements, for every unit I can see so many repeated postings from different agents.
Shows severe over supply.
New developments are also decreasing in unit size, which shows that the psf are reaching unaffordable levels air developers are doing this to reach more potential buyers without killing their psf valuations.

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few Questionable points here;
1) Pavilion Suite selling at unbelievable high prices and there are still takers
2)The Colony though further out, beside Quill City Mall are just selling at RM1500psf. (SGD500psf)
3) Numerous articles online are reporting that there is an oversupply of residential property but yet developers are still launching new developments.

My view is that; Go for a new launch if you really intending to invest in KL. I'm not against resale just that the upside potential is lower and I prefer a brand new apartment if I am to invest. :smile:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
that really doesn't mean much. many of the pictures are "for illustration" only and agents just post multiple fake units to get buyers and sellers alike to call in to generate leads. For supply vs demand numbers i would look at actual transacted data to gauge demand, and cross check against incoming and existing supply in the pipeline. Also certain segments may appear within different market locations, for eg , location A may have oversupply of large units, but undersupply of smaller units. The research is a rather very tedious process. alternatively one can look at property analyst reports. But in general, M'sia property market has slowed down a lot. As for pavillion, it's targetted at HNWI, so at that stratified level, we're not talking local mom and pop investors here. They probably have a marketing strategy in place already for their target market.

Qatar is the largest shareholder of Pavilion and the Royal family themselves are involved.
They don't even need to market these units. That's why it is sold on invited basis.

KL is very different from Singapore. I thnk you need to visit the area you are interested many times, stay in the vicinity hotel many times, go jogging in the morning many times b4 you jump in. Otherwise jialat also cannot regret.