• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore is too overcrowded - Economist.com

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
the failure of the campaign to raise fertility suggests a lack of will. It has tried to make parenthood more attractive by offering “baby bonuses” and improved maternity and paternity leave, but if the aversion to babies has its roots in the economic cost of parenthood, maybe it is being sustained by an ideological opposition to increasing state support for child-rearing and by the psychological effects of living on a small, increasingly crowded island. Whatever its cause, it has presented the government with one of its biggest political challenges: high immigration. This has become a source of great discontent, but there is no plan B.

http://www.economist.com/news/speci...ingaporeans-fear-foreigners-are-taking-up-too

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is no longer the place i used to know.
RUN can no longer catch with the pace in life.
RUN can only hide here.

TingRu is our hope :o

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is no longer the place i used to know.
RUN can no longer catch with the pace in life.
RUN can only hide here.

TingRu is our hope :o

bro run, i also feel the same. i feeling coop up in sinkieland, the stress i have in here surely take away many years of my life.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crowded living is something residents here have to live with and get used to. There is no more land! I am hesitant to go to many places in Singapore unless I have to. And when I do, I just go there, do what I have to do, then leave as soon as I'm done. There is no leisurely strolling around, experiencing the sights and smells! On long weekends, I go to neighbouring Malaysia just to get some release. I don't know what the long term solution is, as far as I know, there is none.

Cheers!

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was thinking between choosing an average lifestyle and being in a rich country ever striving for more, which is better?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is entirely up to you. No one can tell you what to do, as long as you do not harm anyone, you're within your right to live as you wish. There are pros and cons wherever we are, and we just make the best of the situation we're in. Many things are beyond our control, and we have to live within those limits.

Cheers!

i was thinking between choosing an average lifestyle and being in a rich country ever striving for more, which is better?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
overcrowdedness in sg happens early at dawn before the sun rises when sinkies rush and wait in line for the latest hello kitty or minion toys.

image.jpg

Last edited:

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is entirely up to you. No one can tell you what to do, as long as you do not harm anyone, you're within your right to live as you wish. There are pros and cons wherever we are, and we just make the best of the situation we're in. Many things are beyond our control, and we have to live within those limits.

Cheers!

the best is have a family, a good payiing job that allows you to knock off on the dot, a stable life. no vices involved kind of lifestyle.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinapor is too crowded is an understatement. Foreigners should be deported as soon as they get a court conviction for any offences committed in the country and this will help to reduce the impact of foreign immigration as well as getting rid of foreign undesirables in the island.

Are the pappies doing this? No one knows. Every one only knows the pappies are allowing more and more foreigners into the country.