• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP giving up Fengshan, unknowned grassloot to be sacrificial lamb

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

Grassroots volunteer Cheryl Chan introduced as PAP’s Fengshan candidate

Ms Cheryl Chan, 39, will contest the revived single seat against a Workers’ Party candidate.

SINGAPORE: The People’s Action Party (PAP) on Thursday (Aug 27) announced that grassroots volunteer Cheryl Chan will be its candidate to contest the revived Fengshan Single Member Constituency (SMC) in the General Election (GE).

First-timer Ms Chan, 39, is a member of the PAP Women’s Wing and works as the head of secondary industries at chemicals firm Linde Gas.

She said during the press briefing that her mother taught her to be humble, before serving. "That the amount of emphasis on character that she put, and that has stayed with me."

"I hope more people will take efforts to look beyond themselves, speak up for the right causes and take the first step to reach out to those who need more support," said Ms Chan.

"With more people in the community having positive shared values and paying it forward, we can certainly achieve more together - united and as a caring nation."

She recounted one of her first experiences at a Meet-the-People session, when she met a mother of four, including one with disabilities. The family was struggling, and the mother wanted to stop education for her children. She then worked with various agencies to ensure the children continued their education.

"I met them two years ago, and the eldest son was just starting university. Seeing this was what truly brings me joy," she said.

Before being carved out of the East Coast Group Representation Constituency (GRC) for this year’s polls on Sep 11, the Fengshan ward was overseen by Mr Raymond Lim, who earlier this month announced his retirement from politics.

On Mr Lim, Ms Chan said: "I could not ask for a better mentor." This sentiment was also echoed by Manpower Minister and East Coast GRC anchor Lim Swee Say, who said Mr Raymond Lim was a "young, bright, very articulate activist". After the latter entered Parliament, he proved to have a "strong mind of his own, but open-minded", Mr Lim added.

"Not only does he lead by example, he also puts in tremendous effort to mobilise his team. Now, Fengshan is a big and active home of grassroots leaders and activists," Minister Lim said.

Fengshan was also an SMC from 1984 to 1991. It has only ever seen one Member of Parliament in Dr Arthur Beng, who beat Workers' Party candidate Chng Chin Siah twice: First in 1984 with 65.1 per cent of the vote, then in 1988 with 57.9 per cent off the vote.

This year, it is likely that Ms Chan will face an as-yet-unnamed WP candidate in a fight for the Fengshan single seat, with the Opposition party naming the ward as one of the five SMCs it will contest.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pap dun go into the game to win anymore?
Send sacrificial lamb? Pathetic.
Looks like they can't hustle up enough candidates (no decent folks want to join its vile ranks) so they need to consolidate manpower in their grcs.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like they can't hustle up enough candidates (no decent folks want to join its vile ranks) so they need to consolidate manpower in their grcs.

If PAP is going to anyhow chose a candidate for Fengshan, why wasn't Lionel Souza selected :( He must be so sad.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If PAP is going to anyhow chose a candidate for Fengshan, why wasn't Lionel Souza selected :( He must be so sad.

Be careful what you wish for.....
My good friend from braddell grassroots.....multi millionaire Paul lampard David Leong also waiting for his day in the sun. As early as 2 elections ago.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This fight is not just your voting for opposition, any opposition against the PAP

Singaporeans must do much more than just relying on their single vote.

UNDER THE FUCKING PAP, SINKIES ARE 4TH CLASS CITIZENS IN THEIR OWN LAND STOLEN FROM THEM BY PAP
PAPs ARE THE 2ND CLASS CITIZENS WITH THE LEE FAMILY AS THE FIRST CLASS ARISTOCRAZIES

FTs ARE TAKEN IN AS THE 3RD CLASS CITIZENS KICKING SINKIES INTO 4TH CLASS AND SINKIES GOOD ONLY TO GO
HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE FUCKED AND TIEWED BY PAPs LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR BANKS.

YOU MUST CANVAS FOR THE OPPOSITION, ANY OPPOSITION , BY TALKING TO YOUR FRIENDS AND THOSE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
UNITE ALL OF THEM TO VOTE OUT THE PAP AGAINST THEIR FUCKING FTs THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO PACK IN TO STEAL YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE

TALK TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS , AND TO PEOPLE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW
TELL THEM ALL TO TALK TO THEIR FRIENDS AND EVEN TO PEOPLE THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW

LET US REGAIN BACK OUR SINGAPORE FROM THE STINKAPORE THE PAPs ARE CREATING AT THE EXPENSE OF ALL OF US

STOP THE FUCKING PAPs FROM LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS AND BACK FROM THEIR FUCKING BANKS

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this ccb can give free fucks to get voted in...........

You can have her all to yourself

cheryl_chan.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every mother and his dog talks about humility and all that crap.
See what happens when they get in.
Some even go the extent of having a grassroot porlampar to carry her handbag.
disGRACEful

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It rather unusual for pap to let a newbie contest in a smc especially so when the opponent is from WP. Usually they will deploy a backbencher with very strong grassroots foundation.

I don't think she is a sacrifice lamb as pap won't field anyone in seat they are holding unless the party leadership has absolute confidence in her. One possible theory is she could be a decoy to lure WP into deploying the better candidate in FS SMC and thereby relieving the pressure off EC GRC.

Last edited:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can oppositions top that?

She said during the press briefing that her mother taught her to be humble, before serving. "That the amount of emphasis on character that she put, and that has stayed with me."

"I hope more people will take efforts to look beyond themselves, speak up for the right causes and take the first step to reach out to those who need more support," said Ms Chan.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your mother sucks dicks in hell. :cool:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The race for Fengshan will be over way before the home-turn. To make matters worse for the PAP, their horse and jockey will both fall to the ground way, way after the WP horse masuk.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can oppositions top that?

Only her mother taught her how to be humble, is it? She is self-promoting her virtues and values which is nothing out of the usual. Other mothers also taught and impart the same values.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
The race for Fengshan will be over way before the home-turn. To make matters worse for the PAP, their horse and jockey will both fall to the ground way, way after the WP horse masuk.

Machiam say carling cup mancity (skyblue like wp) vs Liverpool , Liverpool field youth team. Got chance?