• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Help] - Lithium battery : where to buy bottle-type connector to dean-type connector

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For lithium batteries, anyone know where to buy a bottle-type connector to dean-type connector? As shown in attached photo, thanks!

LithiumBattery_Bottle_to_Dean_adaptor.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: [Help] - Lithium battery : where to buy bottle-type connector to dean-type connec

goto SL Square B1, 1st, 3rd storey shops selling electronic parts that also customized fittings.

also SLS level 2, facing atrium shop also doing this.

jalan besar shopping center near syed alwi road, 1st and 2nd storey shops

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: [Help] - Lithium battery : where to buy bottle-type connector to dean-type connec

goto SL Square B1, 1st, 3rd storey shops selling electronic parts that also customized fittings.

Thank you very much, bro! Much appreciated! :smile:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to virus again."

Eh Boss Sam, pls consider making ur your rep system more flexible, can? It doesn't make sense for force pple to spread out rep points for the sake of spreading out rep points. Isn't there a better way of preventing clone abuse?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

should be 4 PIN FEMALE-CORD MOUNT-METAL BARREL CONNECTOR WITH LOCKING COLLAR on one side but can it match the right threading?

other end is typical dean/ T plug female connector

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

should be 4 PIN FEMALE-CORD MOUNT-METAL BARREL CONNECTOR WITH LOCKING COLLAR on one side but can it match the right threading?

other end is typical dean/ T plug female connector

Thank u! I'll note the correct phrasing when asking the shops! :smile:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

it would not be easy for you, 4 pins you need to find out which 2 of the 4 pin are tapped to the male connector for both +ve and -ve. and you cant use a voltmeter if this is car batts. they are highly dangerous. same for the other end. and also the right type of material they supply. all 3 places may sell these at varying prices and my understanding is that some electronics are considered B grade ie factory rejects.

Vydra

Alfrescian
Loyal

China e-commerce websites. Cheap...

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

it would not be easy for you, 4 pins you need to find out which 2 of the 4 pin are tapped to the male connector for both +ve and -ve. and you cant use a voltmeter if this is car batts. they are highly dangerous. same for the other end. and also the right type of material they supply. all 3 places may sell these at varying prices and my understanding is that some electronics are considered B grade ie factory rejects.

Wah, sianz. Thanks for the warning. Do I need to bring my lithium battery to the shop when looking for the 4pin-to-dean connector then?

I need it for the typical lithium bottle battery (all lithium bottle batteries use the same type of pin/connector, as I suppose it's the same manufacturer selling to different brands, eg. Samsung).

Examples of websites selling such lithium bottle batteries :

http://www.freegopower.com/pid10924708/48V+10AH+Batteries+for+electric+scooter.htm

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/E-bike-lifepo4-battery-pack-48v_511123849.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-48V-12A...ric-Bicycle-E-Bike-with-Charger-/201392854076

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Update :

Thanks again for the warning, Virus bro.

I've checked my lithium battery carefully, and there's a safety feature that ensures the correct 4 pins match male-to-female :

As can be observed in the photo, the female connector has an external concave groove (on the circumference outside the 4 pins), that fits the battery's male connector's external convex groove :

attachment.php

Gratitude to the engineers who designed this safety feature! :smile:

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://connector.com.sg/

Online picture catalog to find part name and part numbers.

Shop @3rd floor Sim Lim Sq, also will solder custmed cable for you on the spot.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

http://connector.com.sg/

Online picture catalog to find part name and part numbers.

Shop @3rd floor Sim Lim Sq, also will solder custmed cable for you on the spot.

Thanks a lot, bro! :smile:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jumpmrt again."

Wah lan eh, Boss Sam!!! Arrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good recommendation. Shops from 1st floor to 3rd floor are Jover Chew wannabes. :biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

You r rite typo should b Sin Lim tower. Those appliance shops run by ah begs. But parts shops r ok so far.