• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Change from RM to Sing dollar........

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A relative of mine was asking me whether it make sense to take out his RM and change it to S$. Initially he was attracted by the FD rates, I believe it's 4 plus % for a year.

Now with the drop in RM, it's already at a loss even if he did not complete the FD.
The rate he changed I think its 2.68 or 2.7. Amount is S$80,000 or RM216,000 at that time.

I told him to leave it as it is if he does not need the cash.....
But he told me heart pain.....if RM continues to drop

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which idiot would change from a weaker currency to a stronger one?

No wonder ..PAP ALWAYS WIN! l

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A relative of mine was asking me whether it make sense to take out his RM and change it to S$. Initially he was attracted by the FD rates, I believe it's 4 plus % for a year.

Now with the drop in RM, it's already at a loss even if he did not complete the FD.
The rate he changed I think its 2.68 or 2.7. Amount is S$80,000 or RM216,000 at that time.

Go Malaysia and buy more stuff lah. Many Sinkies are already buying their weekend groceries at JB.

Only gong kias need to seek advice on such a trivial issue. :rolleyes:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
gong kia is a kind word.
for me i will say phua cheebye
got head no brain ownself cannot think.
n now election time.
ts post this thread for fuck.
Go Malaysia and buy more stuff lah. Many Sinkies are already buying their weekend groceries at JB.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idiot, but he is doing it to cut loss. Sound strategy then leaving it in RM.

Then leave it and wait till Najip get kicked out.HAHAHA

Cut loss, make loss.. already all at a loss.

Anyway, which idiot would hoard RM?

No wonder..,.PAP ALWAYS WIN! lololoLOLOLOLOLO,L

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
he losses only if he change the money back to S$. keep it till maturity and then wait for RM to bounce back which may happen when najib collapses.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well, he is one rich gong kia, FD in usd, sing dollars and even rmb.
From my understanding, most in usd and S$. Easily more than 1/2 million in cash on those FD.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he losses only if he change the money back to S$. keep it till maturity and then wait for RM to bounce back which may happen when najib collapses.

Yes, that's what is my thoughts too. That why I told him to leave it there if he does not need the cash.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your relative is malaysian, just leave it there.

Well. Short term I predict may fall further.
But I bet after election, if pap win. Then may depreciate sgd. I guess only.

If oil price recover. Then najib still the PM. Myr may back to 1:2.5 to 2.7 region.

Anyway this is my guess only.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which idiot would change from a weaker currency to a stronger one?

No wonder ..PAP ALWAYS WIN! l

Well, this idiot, aka gong kia, relative of mine, did change from Sing dollar to USD (weaker to stronger one) and he is smiling on it now.

Perhaps what you meant was stronger currency (SGD) to weaker one (RM) in this case.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, he is one rich gong kia, FD in usd, sing dollars and even rmb ...
he got consult u b4 he converted his moni n put dem in fd in other currencies anot? ...

if no, y does he want 2 consult u now whether 2 convert back 2 sgd? ...

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My relative has RM3 million in Malaysia. I told him to change to Sin more than 1 year ago but he dun want.

Now that RM is at this rate, he still very relac...I didn't know he got so much money to burn.

jw5

Loyal
He is still very relac because he is planning to live, retire or buy lots of things in Malaysia. :p

My relative has RM3 million in Malaysia. I told him to change to Sin more than 1 year ago but he dun want.

Now that RM is at this rate, he still very relac...I didn't know he got so much money to burn.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Herd mentality thinking will impoverish your friend.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he got consult u b4 he converted his moni n put dem in fd in other currencies anot? ...

if no, y does he want 2 consult u now whether 2 convert back 2 sgd? ...

hahahaha, yes, I understand where you are coming from.....
No, he did not ask me before he convert his money.

Maybe he is just trying to show off that he has the money as compared to his poorer cousin (aka me)
Which makes me think.....who is the gong kia here.........hahahahaha:p:p:p:confused::confused::confused:

jw5

Loyal
The gongkia is the one who lets his cousin know how much money he has. :eek::biggrin:

Maybe he is just trying to show off that he has the money as compared to his poorer cousin (aka me)
Which makes me think.....who is the gong kia here.........hahahahaha:p:p:p:confused::confused::confused:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The gongkia is the one who lets his cousin know how much money he has. :eek::biggrin:

Yes, bro, sometimes it is difficult to know the intention and purpose of an individual, whether if it is to show off or really sotong kind. If he/she is able to have FDs in multiple currency, I am sure they must have done their sums.

Anyway, its better to have a rich cousin (already himself pichiak lobang) and if really hard up for money, he will be the first one I will turn to for loan......