• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

heard it's bad for IT workers in australia

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend's cousin in melbourne is working in hospital instead of working in IT related field? another source from perth said that there were retrenchments and many pple are looking for work. can good bros in down under please confirm? thanks.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea what you are harping about. I get cold calls all the time from recruiters over here. Get a linkedin profile and you set to go. Having said that, the IT "requirements" over here is different from the IT in Singapore. I see a lot of resume where on the surface sounds and looks impressive, but when the interview comes they can't do anything. Also keep in mind that if you only has done "Windows" you essentially competing with 2 billion other IT "professional" from India and China over here.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea what you are harping about. I get cold calls all the time from recruiters over here. Get a linkedin profile and you set to go. Having said that, the IT "requirements" over here is different from the IT in Singapore. I see a lot of resume where on the surface sounds and looks impressive, but when the interview comes they can't do anything. Also keep in mind that if you only has done "Windows" you essentially competing with 2 billion other IT "professional" from India and China over here.

maybe you are cream of the crop, that's why...i certainly hope that it's not that bad.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm in IT and there is a shortage of IT professionals in Australia. So much so that we have to pay University grads salary and free training/ certification to entice them to an IT intern job; with a promise of full employment once they graduate.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My IT interests in Australia are doing very well thanks to all the Ah Nehs that are willing to work for way below the minimum wage.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm in IT and there is a shortage of IT professionals in Australia. So much so that we have to pay University grads salary and free training/ certification to entice them to an IT intern job; with a promise of full employment once they graduate.

thanks for the info., bro!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saying that you are doing iT is too general a term.

You must be more specific e.g programming, end user support, call centre support, networking,...
Even with programming I doubt there is much demand for cobol programers

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saying that you are doing iT is too general a term.

You must be more specific e.g programming, end user support, call centre support, networking,...
Even with programming I doubt there is much demand for cobol programers

my core skills are C and assembly languages, networking and system, have been involved in start-ups for data centre and ip messaging. know how in wordpress, visual studio, perl and java. for the past 3 years, most of the time trading. competency in Solaris admin, certified in both cisco and solaris. the problem is my age.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my core skills are C and assembly languages, networking and system, have been involved in start-ups for data centre and ip messaging. know how in wordpress, visual studio, perl and java. for the past 3 years, most of the time trading. competency in Solaris admin, certified in both cisco and solaris. the problem is my age.

You will have a better chance if you leave Spore & go to a 1st world country. The reason I say this is that I know people in Canada & Australia who are surviving doing free lance programming, teaching it, book keeping,.. etc

In those countries your skills will be valued and are marketable. Even if you are an Older you find a job. I know 50+ year olds who are still working & not as security guards:smile: