• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am nearly touched after reading this story!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Singer Kit Chan's performance to herald the National Day Rally on Sunday (Aug 23) caught many off-guard, but it was the spontaneity of a young woman in the audience that became the talk of the Internet.

Ms Wu Jiezhen's moment in the spotlight came as Chan was crooning the chorus of her signature song Home.

Overcome with emotion, the 26-year-old stood up to sing along, much to the surprise - and bemusement of those around her and viewers nationwide watching on television.

razor1_0.jpg

She was captured on camera not once but twice, at the start of Chan's song.

Ms Wu, a Singaporean, is the executive director of social start-up The Hidden Good, a platform which aims to uncover the good in Singapore society and beyond.

Wu Jiezhen. PHOTO: FACEBOOK VIA YEW JIAJUN

She managed to see the lighter side of things - local humour site SGAG dubbed her the "super enthu one" - for causing quite a stir.

Ms Wu told The Straits Times that she was "swept up in the moment" when she stood up and sang along.

"I just felt compelled to rise to my feet and sing my heart out," she said. "I wasn't even aware the camera was on me - I was right in the corner!"

She had been invited to the National Day Rally as one of several local youth leaders.

She said: "Home is one of my favourite songs because its lyrics resonate so dearly with me.

"I know Majulah Singapura is the national anthem and the reminder of what our forefathers went through to build the nation, but Kit's song really is the anthem of my generation."

Ms Wu attended primary and secondary school here before furthering her studies in the United States.

She spent eight years there, majoring in political science and peace and justice at Wellesley College in Boston, Massachusetts.

Intensely passionate about social causes such as bridging the literacy gap in young children and community development, she returned to Singapore a year ago and considered a career in early childhood education or policymaking before The Hidden Good came calling.

The start-up spreads the message that Singaporeans can do good through social experiments, videos and the power of social media.

She added: "Positivity breeds positivity. Take the recent MRT breakdown for example.

"Instead of focusing on the bad, we chose to look at the various kind acts by Singaporeans that were happening around us."

Drawing parallels to how the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew must have similarly "stood alone" at times when he struggled with building the nation, Ms Wu insisted that young people in Singapore must not fear "being different" and take ownership of the vision of Singapore that they want to see in the future.

"I would like to apologise to those behind me for blocking their view when I stood up, but sometimes I feel we should not be unapologetic when we're standing up for something that we believe strongly in.

"At the end of his National Day Rally speech, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong mentioned how the young are the faces of tomorrow's Singapore. I agree. It is people like us who will be responsible for how the next 50 years will look like for our country."

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Pappy Gong Chee Bye.

Well, there are just too many of these in the ghettos of HDB and for this, Sinkie deserved to be screwed by the Pappy!

jw5

Loyal
If she had remained seated and sang along, it would have seemed quite spontaneous. By standing up, she is clearly trying to draw attention to herself. :rolleyes::biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This Wu bitch not as chio as my Emma Lee from the SG50 national day parade. Why wasn't Emma Lee invited to the SG50 rally?

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
you guys are simply envious of her
you guys are simply jealous of her

none of you have the guts to stand and sing like her
she should be applauded for her courage and for her great love for Singapore

it's the young faces of Singapore that will determine the future and destiny of Singapore

you fuckers here are always condemning and cursing Singapore
no balls to stand anywhere to sing for Singapore
only hide behind your computer and curse and swear for the last 20 years
darned shameful indeed

I applaud her for her great patriotism
keep it up girl
well done

Majulah Singapura!!!

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why have a song sang at a state of the country address? What's all these nonsense? Is it to milk as much votes as possible? I just want to hear a factual report on how the country is performing and whether we as citizens are benefitting from its progress, if any. What I got is a campaign show by the MIW. Farking chee bye!!!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why have a song sang at a state of the country address? What's all these nonsense? Is it to milk as much votes as possible? I just want to hear a factual report on how the country is performing and whether we as citizens are benefitting from its progress, if any. What I got is a campaign show by the MIW. Farking chee bye!!!

darned vulgar
no respect for our PM

you created your own silly fall
with your vulval mouth
now dredd yourself up slob!!!

giphy.gif

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Pappy Gong Chee Bye.

Well, there are just too many of these in the ghettos of HDB and for this, Sinkie deserved to be screwed by the Pappy!

People who actually get seats to attend the ND Rally tend to be that kind of people.

Don't be surprised if she was instructed to do so, and the camera guy had 'coincidentally' caught sight of her (just like how the Sichuan wench was spotted at the NDP). :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indeed, all the superfluous nonsense e.g. presentation slides and video segments started during Lee Hsien Loong's reign. This is not a school project presentation, dumbfuck Lee Hsien Loong. :rolleyes:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
11953110_962542727141767_355164298493505912_n.jpg

I am deeply touched by our PM's honesty,humility,integrity and leadership.
I am confident that PM Lee will lead the New Team to govern Singapore and lead all of us to greater heights.
This is Our Home!
Our resolve to make this place successful is strong.

Majulah Singapura!!!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
11953110_962542727141767_355164298493505912_n.jpg

I am deeply touched by our PM's honesty,humility,integrity and leadership.
I am confident that PM Lee will lead the New Team to govern Singapore and lead all of us to greater heights.
This is Our Home!
Our resolve to make this place successful is strong.

Majulah Singapura!!!

I am deeply moved by our PM's National Day Rally Speech!!!

It has moved me and motivated me to canvass more PAP votes for our PAP Government

Majulah PAP!!! Majulah Singapura!!! HUAT AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11953387_962542980475075_6492791789243511404_o.jpg

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
New citizen act loyal .
Thinking it a best chance to wayang.
next year whole village stand n sing.
good bye to singapore.
she is gone....

jw5

Loyal
Sometimes he wishes he was in school teaching maths. Go home in the evening to a nice home cooked meal by a chiobu wife. No need to give fuck speeches and pretend to smile. :wink:

Indeed, all the superfluous nonsense e.g. presentation slides and video segments started during Lee Hsien Loong's reign. This is not a school project presentation, dumbfuck Lee Hsien Loong. :rolleyes:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank You....Thank You for a successful and wonderful National Day Parade !!

11864936_882227825203811_2880026587489829205_o.jpg

vote PAP for solidarity, unity, prosperity and progress
vote PAP for ever lasting and eternal peace

majulah pap!!! majulah singapura!!!