• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPP’s Ravi Philemon to contest Hong Kah North SMC

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/spps-ravi-philemon-contest-hong-kah-north-smc

[h=1]SPP’s Ravi Philemon to contest Hong Kah North SMC[/h] Singapore People's Party's Ravi Philemon being introduced as the party's candidate for Hong Kah North SMC by SPP chairman Lina Chiam. Photo: Hoe Yeen Nie/Channel NewsAsia

Mr Philemon, a former director of a charity organisation, is set to go up against PAP incumbent Dr Amy Khor

Published: 10:01 PM, August 22, 2015

SINGAPORE — Blogger Ravi Philemon will contest Hong Kah North Single Member Constituency (SMC) for the Singapore People’s Party (SPP) in the upcoming General Election, the party’s chairman Lina Chiam said during a walkabout in Bukit Batok today (Aug 22).
Mrs Chiam introduced Mr Philemon as SPP’s candidate for Hong Kah North to patrons of a coffeeshop. Her husband Chiam See Tong, secretary-general of the Opposition party and Mrs Jeanette Chong-Aruldoss, SPP’s candidate for Mountbatten SMC were there in a show of support.
ADVERTISING

The party handed out flyers addressed to residents of Hong Kah North, seeking views on issues such as housing, education, healthcare, employment, community facilities and other matters.
The announcement comes a day after the People’s Action Party’s Dr Amy Khor said she will defend her seat in Hong Kah North. At the last General Election, Dr Khor defeated SPP’s Sin Kek Tong with 70.61 per cent of the vote.
Mr Philemon is the former director of volunteer welfare organisation Operation Hope Foundation and said he brings years of social activism to the table. He told reporters he quit his job yesterday. He was formerly with the National Solidarity Party.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fat Ah Neh wants to unseat PAP? Fat hope! Fat fat, so loser-looking. Where got hope?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pappie hong kan supporters r a perfect example of the 60%. But I think they still better than fuck wits from West Coast GRC.. will vote for a dog or cat or pig or snake as long as its from the pappies. Tat mudlander Amy at least is approachable n does work the ground tat y she popular. something about the West n pappies..but of course the West had TCB who really was a sincere politician. But TCB has also shown how vengeful n small gas the pappies r. N yet the ppl still vote for the pappies. Now tat the pappies r screwing locals..the people get their just desserts.

That the ex-malaysian who said sinkies can pack up and fuck off if they don't like it here?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPP candidates are few but strong and credible. Jeannette Chong is extraordinary and Mrs Chiam has earned my respect - her performance in parliament puts WP to shame.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does he provide free nasi bryani?
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/spps-ravi-philemon-contest-hong-kah-north-smc

[h=1]SPP’s Ravi Philemon to contest Hong Kah North SMC[/h] Singapore People's Party's Ravi Philemon being introduced as the party's candidate for Hong Kah North SMC by SPP chairman Lina Chiam. Photo: Hoe Yeen Nie/Channel NewsAsia

Mr Philemon, a former director of a charity organisation, is set to go up against PAP incumbent Dr Amy Khor

Published: 10:01 PM, August 22, 2015

SINGAPORE — Blogger Ravi Philemon will contest Hong Kah North Single Member Constituency (SMC) for the Singapore People’s Party (SPP) in the upcoming General Election, the party’s chairman Lina Chiam said during a walkabout in Bukit Batok today (Aug 22).
Mrs Chiam introduced Mr Philemon as SPP’s candidate for Hong Kah North to patrons of a coffeeshop. Her husband Chiam See Tong, secretary-general of the Opposition party and Mrs Jeanette Chong-Aruldoss, SPP’s candidate for Mountbatten SMC were there in a show of support.
ADVERTISING

The party handed out flyers addressed to residents of Hong Kah North, seeking views on issues such as housing, education, healthcare, employment, community facilities and other matters.
The announcement comes a day after the People’s Action Party’s Dr Amy Khor said she will defend her seat in Hong Kah North. At the last General Election, Dr Khor defeated SPP’s Sin Kek Tong with 70.61 per cent of the vote.
Mr Philemon is the former director of volunteer welfare organisation Operation Hope Foundation and said he brings years of social activism to the table. He told reporters he quit his job yesterday. He was formerly with the National Solidarity Party.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
bad idea...............sending a malay or indian against Chinese in elections............

Makes no difference if the SPP candidate is this kek leng kia or a babu... as long as he can kick the pappies' butts to make them improve livelihood for sinaporans, he is a good candidate worthy of support.

We all know pappies' candidates are yes-men only. If the PM tells them to jump once, they will jump ten times more. If PM tells the oppie candidates to jump, they will tell him to jump himself.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: Liyana Dhamirah

11873721_980348242028600_8218708985007355502_n.jpg

We first met back in 30th December 2009 when my family and i was homeless. We were spending nights camping on Sembawang beach. On that very night, he and Andrew Loh was distributing biscuits to every one and i never knew who the heck they were back then. But with their help, my family and i now have a proper brick roof over our head.

And he did not stop there.

Over the years, he has contributed significantly to my social entrepreneurial endeavors. Without even asking for it, he introduced me to those in business whom i had garner knowledge, gain so much wisdom from, motivates and inspires me on my journey now. Just imagine someone who were once homeless, just a GCE 'O' level holder, feeling all useless and hopeless is now embarking on a journey that could provide employment and hope to others. Ravi Philemon is one of that big contributing factor to this positive change in me.

My mother ever once said in Malay, "Ravi tu bagus ar. Dia tak pernah lupakan kau dan apape, dia akan tolong." Which translate "Ravi is good. He never forgets you and in anything, he will help."

It's been a few years now, acting on the various opportunities to contribute side by side with him in voluntary works. I am grateful.

Though it's pretty new to me as it has been just sheer few days of supporting him in his walkabouts and campaigns, yesterday particularly was different. It was a wholesome new experience and i strongly believe that it was just the beginning.

Yesterday (Saturday - 22nd August 2015), Ravi Philemon was unveiled as the candidate for Hong Kah North SMC.

I am supporting him not because he is a close friend. I am supporting him not because he have once helped me. I am supporting him not because he is in an opposition party.

I am giving him my fullest support for i have witnessed how he relentlessly help in person, on the ground (using his own pocket money everytime), raise issues which other normal Singaporeans dare not raise and go all out for the benefit of others. I believe he can be an astounding leader and be a great representative for us Singaporeans.

Someone who came from such humble beginnings, gave back to the community in so many ways and are now fighting for a seat in parliament so that he may come forward to be Singaporean's voice. Doesn't he deserve your vote?

‪#‎RaviForHongKahNorthSMC‬

End of Article​

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
pooi ravi, gg to the extent of distributing free biscuit from his own pocket to help others in the dead of the night and risking getting dengue whilst our ministars busy ironing their crisp $$ masturbating on the thought of CPF is safe when high note 5 has burnt money belong to others.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May this kek leng kia gets voted into Parliament to send this pappies good for nothing balek kampong to her own country....

Would also prove the PAP wrong that skin colour plays an impt role in voting. JBJ proved otherwise. Ditto Palmer.