• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Josephine Teo says 25-yr-old female SIM grad becomes a bus driver due to passion!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...d-becomes-bus-driver-due-passion-5144214.html

http://www.fuckwarezone.com.sg/img/forums/hwz/statusicon/post_old.gif Yesterday, 08:32 PM #1

cripple
Supremacy Member

GLGT: Minister say 25 yr old female SIM grad becomes a bus driver due to passion

Young and pretty 25 yr old kakak who is a SIM graduate is one of the youngest female bus drivers ard.Minister josphine Teo said she joined the bus driving profession due to passion

https://m.facebook.com/Josephine.LM.Teo?tsid=0.017075841315090656&source=typeahead

Source: Min Josphine Teo FB page

http://www.fuckwarezone.com.sg/img/forums/hwz/statusicon/user_online.gif

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://m.facebook.com/Josephine.LM.Teo?tsid=0.017075841315090656&source=typeahead

INSPIRING WOMEN OF SUBSTANCE - ‪#‎SINGAPORE‬'S LADY BUS CAPTAINS

Who would have expected a vibrant young woman of 25 with a Polytechnic Diploma in Molecular Biology and an SIM University Degree to join the bus driving profession?

And that is exactly what Siti Nurul Ain Binte Hamdan did; she was the youngest of 15 lady bus captains whom I met over a simple tea session to commemorate ‪#‎NationalDay‬. I had been intrigued by these women when I met a few of them at a health promotion event held some weeks ago at the Boon Lay and Chua Chu Kang bus interchanges; I wanted to learn more.

What did I find?

Real women of substance who knew what they wanted from life.

Like Yap Fong Fong, who was a professional photographer for 20 years before switching course, and wished she had become a bus captain right from the start.

And Lim Thiam Cheu who had been a cashier until two years ago and then at the age of 56, decided she really wanted a new skill and found, to her surprise, that SBS Transit was prepared to not only hire her but train her while paying a salary.

Then, there was Khatijah Bte Aboo Bakar, 54, whose glamourous appearance would not look out of place in the a high-end boutique or even MediaCorp studios! The attractive grandmother raised 5 kids as a bus captain for 18 years, before quitting to take care of her first grandchild. Two years later, she got bored and went straight back to bus driving.

All of these women have a really inspiring boldness of spirit and sense of adventure, challenging themselves to acquire the skills to drive big public buses, which they found to be quite a breeze! Yes, they do have to deal with difficult commuters sometimes but they also feel proud to be providing an essential service to the public and know they are making an important contribution to society.

Given that there are only 6 women in every 100 bus captains, did they every feel marginalised? Never - they sang in chorus. Man or woman, skills matter most a a bus captain.

Back to Siti, I asked if she didn't think it was "sayang" to choose bus driving from among the many career opportunities available to her, given her educational qualifications. But driving a bus had been a childhood ambition, she told me proudly. How can anyone go wrong pursuing their passions? You go, GIRL!!!

The lady bus captains took me completely by surprise. And in such a pleasant way
X8YPpi6kcyo.png

Thank you all! - Jo Teo

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

INSPIRING WOMEN OF SUBSTANCE - ‪#‎SINGAPORE‬'S LADY BUS CAPTAINS

Who would have expected a vibrant young woman of 25 with a Polytechnic Diploma in Molecular Biology and an SIM University Degree to join the bus driving profession?

And that is exactly what Siti Nurul Ain Binte Hamdan did; she was the youngest of 15 lady bus captains whom I met over a simple tea session to commemorate ‪#‎NationalDay‬. I had been intrigued by these women when I met a few of them at a health promotion event held some weeks ago at the Boon Lay and Chua Chu Kang bus interchanges; I wanted to learn more.

What did I find?

Real women of substance who knew what they wanted from life.

Like Yap Fong Fong, who was a professional photographer for 20 years before switching course, and wished she had become a bus captain right from the start.

And Lim Thiam Cheu who had been a cashier until two years ago and then at the age of 56, decided she really wanted a new skill and found, to her surprise, that SBS Transit was prepared to not only hire her but train her while paying a salary.

Then, there was Khatijah Bte Aboo Bakar, 54, whose glamourous appearance would not look out of place in the a high-end boutique or even MediaCorp studios! The attractive grandmother raised 5 kids as a bus captain for 18 years, before quitting to take care of her first grandchild. Two years later, she got bored and went straight back to bus driving.

All of these women have a really inspiring boldness of spirit and sense of adventure, challenging themselves to acquire the skills to drive big public buses, which they found to be quite a breeze! Yes, they do have to deal with difficult commuters sometimes but they also feel proud to be providing an essential service to the public and know they are making an important contribution to society.

Given that there are only 6 women in every 100 bus captains, did they every feel marginalised? Never - they sang in chorus. Man or woman, skills matter most a a bus captain.

Back to Siti, I asked if she didn't think it was "sayang" to choose bus driving from among the many career opportunities available to her, given her educational qualifications. But driving a bus had been a childhood ambition, she told me proudly. How can anyone go wrong pursuing their passions? You go, GIRL!!!

The lady bus captains took me completely by surprise. And in such a pleasant way
X8YPpi6kcyo.png

Thank you all! - Jo Teo

不知人间疾苦,还自我感觉良好!干!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which pays better, a table cleaner, a security guard or a bus driver?

The job situation must be bad that a SIM grad or any grad is willing to downgrade to a bus driver:(

AceFrehley

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hey pear-shaped aunty Jo! I am going to give 1000 plus farcebook dislikes on your PAP IB manned FB account and no, farcebook won't be able to sell me out because i am super protected. :rolleyes:

p_101281735.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just the very kind of bullshit sprouting out of her anus.

Passion?

Tax payers subsidised her school fees for expensive courses so that she can become a bus driver?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always had passion and dream to become night soil collector ... screw PAP, all my dream just vaporized like that :oIo:

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If driving a bus is her passion why bother to waste money on SIM degree? Might as well use the money to start up a bus transport company