• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

29-year-old SMU accountancy student jobless for 2 years and feeling hopeless

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Dear Gilbert,

I am a graduate of SMU, and have trouble finding a job for 2 years.

I am wondering if there are any opportunities here because I have been looking on craigslist, indeed, jobsdb, regionUP, all for jobs but I suspect most of them are fake or just recruiters trying to collect resumes for the companies which are not even hiring.

I have a Bachelor’s in Accountancy and Finance from SMU.

At 29 years of age, I don’t see much opportunities in the PMET sector especially for males.

I don’t know why. But I think employers generally prefer females in the accountancy sector because they will not shout out as loud as males, and are generally perceived as more meticulous than men.

I am deeply worried that my 2 years of unemployment gap will affect my future career (if it even exists now).

Right now, I am feeling that local government do not support unemployed workers, and just cover it up with the news saying that unemployment is low. Truth is many people are underemployed.

I tried approaching friends and family, but none of them have opportunities for me. Instead they keep telling me supposedly helpful advice like “have you tried this… or that” etc.

Almost implying that it’s my fault that I did not hang on to my previous job.

See more at 29-year-old SMU accountancy student jobless for 2 years and feeling hopeless

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This guys instead of writing to Gilbert should come into SBF for inspiration and motivation

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I never seek employment and is out of employment for the past 14 years and I am doing well and feeling free.. Life is good when you stay away from sinkies.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Thai accountancy female friend is so busy with her work that she is complaining.. So which country is doing well?

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guys instead of writing to Gilbert should come into SBF for inspiration and motivation

They should read more at the Sports/Games/Hobbies folder.(Cruise Ships etc).
"Invest" wisely. Why waste time looking for a job and working for F/Trashes.?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many cheap FTs are becoming certified accountants with part-time private courses, studying accountancy in a tertiary institution is a waste of time and money. Unless you really love numbers. :wink:

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously, that's the core problem with voting for PAP. i hope the new gahment will put a stop to FT's bucket shit theory. they are here to make sinkies born and bred here having a problem to move along with their daily lives.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He can be a self employed accountant and do accounts for small businesses.. At first u have very little clients but ur name will spread and in no time u have a handful of clients to do well in life and then u can get creative to get more clients.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be a Captain, bus captain. Collect cardboards, sell tissue paper etc. Many options to choose from.

Why not give tuition? Pays well. Own time own target. No need tiok tax.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He should humble himself and present himself to a Pinoy manager, seeking to be an intern for 6 months without pay. If the standard of his work and his work ethic is good, the Pinoy manager would offer him a two-year contract in return. Perform well during those two years, he may be considered for promotion to perm staff.

Problem solved.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
unemployment is low. tat truth coz working as Clea er, taxi driver and security guard r consider employed...regardless whether chiu r ceo or director previously...:biggrin: