• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Smart will make you rich and successful but Caring won't

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
When I taught at RI many years ago, I played a game with my form class students. I brought them to the grandstand as I knew it would get noisy and also to give them a break from the boxy classrooms. I gave them $1000 each in imaginary money and asked them to "bid" for the qualities they want in their friends in a mock "auction."

The qualities on offer, on white plastic boards, were "Smart", "Popular", "Caring", "Good-looking", "Sporty," "Funny" ; the boys got raucous and bids were flying high for "Smart," "Rich," "Popular" and "Funny". They were begging me for more money to up their bids but I said they only had $1000.

The boys started narrating what their imaginary friends with those imbued qualities could do for them and even started forming consortiums in the bidding process! Then it was time to end the game because they had another lesson to attend. before leaving, they asked me: "What was the point of the game, Mdm?"

More at Smart will make you rich and successful but Caring won't

vomitblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
sadly to say... this is what's happening in SG now. Everyone only think of what they can achieve from the friendship, and not genuinely enjoying each others' company.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
sadly to say... this is what's happening in SG now. Everyone only think of what they can achieve from the friendship, and not genuinely enjoying each others' company.

Since beginnning of time, it is not like it happen yesterday.

jw5

Loyal
Caring will show that your parents are not shitty people but Smart won't. :p

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I taught at RI many years ago, I played a game with my form class students. I brought them to the grandstand as I knew it would get noisy and also to give them a break from the boxy classrooms. I gave them $1000 each in imaginary money and asked them to "bid" for the qualities they want in their friends in a mock "auction."

The qualities on offer, on white plastic boards, were "Smart", "Popular", "Caring", "Good-looking", "Sporty," "Funny" ; the boys got raucous and bids were flying high for "Smart," "Rich," "Popular" and "Funny". They were begging me for more money to up their bids but I said they only had $1000.

The boys started narrating what their imaginary friends with those imbued qualities could do for them and even started forming consortiums in the bidding process! Then it was time to end the game because they had another lesson to attend. before leaving, they asked me: "What was the point of the game, Mdm?"

More at Smart will make you rich and successful but Caring won't

What good have you done if you are always down and out ...except you are caring.

I don't understand at all. It race to the top.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
What kind of a teacher is that?! She needs to impart both knowledge and morals to her student. One without the other would make for an incomplete human being.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smart is essential to make and keep, but not enough, Machiavellian will help, but still need some luck, Caring may actually hurt but if you lucky then it doesn't matter .......... but always protect your butt i.e risk management .......... it's a business like any other ............

[video=youtube;ueqPNNe0mPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqPNNe0mPM[/video]