• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor Strait Development Corridor Master Plan 2025

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is freehold remain as freehold. Therefore, those who bought earlier and buying now before the new ruling implemented will be the lucky one.

What about passing it to our children, will it still remain as freehold since our children are foreigners? I have the title deed, does that make a difference?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about passing it to our children, will it still remain as freehold since our children are foreigners? I have the title deed, does that make a difference?

Now foreigners are allowed to inherit MY properties below RM500k, and I cant see it changing without causing a big hooha.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
5.7 Approval and application among family members

Application for acquisition of property by foreign interest based on love and affection among close relatives can be submitted without taking into consideration on the type of the property and value (except for Malay reserve land) subject to approval payment if approved.

Close relatives means individual having marital relations (husband/wife) or with blood relations (grandparents, parents, siblings and children, including stepchildren
and adopted children verified by the National Registration Department).

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is tough for investors whereby there's so much uncertainty for investments in Johor..

Somehow I get the feeling that they're two minds about foreign investment in Johor.. On one hand they want it but on the other hand they are afraid of public anger against spiralling cost of living.

It's just ridiculous.. The foreigners are left facing the brunt..

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is tough for investors whereby there's so much uncertainty for investments in Johor..

Somehow I get the feeling that they're two minds about foreign investment in Johor.. On one hand they want it but on the other hand they are afraid of public anger against spiralling cost of living.

It's just ridiculous.. The foreigners are left facing the brunt..

If you look at the property ads , there are thousands of houses still selling between 250K to 800K range same as few years back ( factoring drop in Ringgit and inflations ) . These houses are still value for money for locals. Where got spiraling out of control ?
I find it more challenging to find a house where foreigners can safely consider as a great buy .

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not only referring to the housing prices but cost of living in general.. But I get your point..
The govt is trying hard to maintain a certain level of minimum sustainable costs of living for the poor.. In a way, that's also the issue with Johor, the market for higher end goods is just not there.. It's like an anchor that is weighing down the speed of development for Johor..

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal
The below not affected by master plan ? so is the master plan still on or will it apply to coronation square once foreigners have purchased all the units there ? :P

Coronation Square will comprise six towers — a hotel, a hotel with residences, an office, high-rise medical suites and two serviced apartment towers — and a mall with an estimated gross floor area of 80,000 sq ft.

Kamaruzzaman said the medical suites will be managed by JCorp and KPJ Healthcare Bhd ( Valuation: 1.10, Fundamental: 0.80), and it will start operations in 2019. Besides offering modern medical services, he said there will also be “traditional and alternative treatments like Ayurveda and acupuncture by international brand operators, besides providing various healthcare facilities”.

“We expect the clientele for the medical suites to comprise locals, Asean nationalities, particularly from Singapore and Indonesia, and those from the Middle East, as well as China, [South] Korea and Japan. With the targeted international clientele as mentioned, the medical suites are expected to boost the service sector, particularly the medical tourism sector, in tandem with the state government’s aspirations to transform the state of Johor into a regional medical hub,” Kamaruzzaman emphasised.

According to Datuk Patrick Lim, managing director of developer Coronade Properties Sdn Bhd, the first serviced apartment block will be open for sale in mid-2016.