• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's number one PAP MOLE speaks out. TLS on contesting PP

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Full page report dedicated to PAP mole TLS.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ge-not-a-personal-battle/2056274.html?cid=fbsg

SINGAPORE: Lawyer Tan Lam Siong says his decision to contest for the Potong Pasir single-seat as an independent candidate in the coming General Election (GE) should not be seen as a face-off with Opposition Singapore People’s Party (SPP) chair Mrs Lina Chiam.

“I don’t think it’s a personal battle between me and Mrs Chiam,” said Mr Tan. “I’m there because I think voters in Potong Pasir are entitled to an additional choice.

“People should not think I’m running against Lina Chiam. They should see all the candidates as fighting for the voters’ favour,” added the 54-year-old former National Solidarity Party (NSP) chief.

The constituency’s incumbent Member of Parliament (MP) Sitoh Yih Pin on Monday said he will stand again as the People's Action Party candidate in the upcoming vote, widely expected to take place in mid-September.

Mr Sitoh, 51, has been the MP of the Single Member Constituency (SMC) since he wrested the seat from Ms Chiam in the 2011 General Election by just 114 votes. Mrs Chiam, who is currently a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament, has said she will return to contest for the SMC.

Mr Tan rejected the “underlying assumption” that a three-cornered fight would grant advantage to the PAP.

“It could very well turn out to be the PAP losing more votes,” he declared. “If you have a two-cornered fight where people can’t see a better alternative, then of course you know where the votes will go.

“But if you have a better candidate in a multi-cornered fight, then I don’t think it is given the PAP will garner more votes. I hope to prove this assumption wrong this time.”

AT HOME IN POTONG PASIR

Mr Tan, who lives in Tanah Merah, says he initially intended to contest for Whampoa but the SMC was absorbed in to the revived Jalan Besar Group Representation Constituency (GRC) under the new electoral boundaries released last month.

On his eventual decision to contest for Potong Pasir, Mr Tan said the ward “is quite close to Whampoa and culture-wise, it’s quite similar”.

“The people of Potong Pasir are more ready to accept me as an independent than that of any other constituency,” he said, pointing to how SPP chief Chiam See Tong served the ward for 27 years, of which three terms were as an independent.

“Having walked Potong Pasir, I realise they have their own way of thinking, they’re more forthcoming in expressing political views, they’re very open to me about how they feel about current political choices, and they would like to see me offering myself as an alternative to what is available out there now,” Mr Tan added.

STRIKING OUT

Asked why he wanted to contest as an independent instead of joining a party, Mr Tan revealed that he had declined invitations from other political parties.

“It’s too late for me to change my mind,” he said. “As time passes, I’m doing more and more ground work and getting more intimately connected with the people. I can see their aspirations and I don’t want to disappoint them.”

Mr Tan, who left the NSP six months after he was elected as secretary-general, described joining a party in Singapore as being “in the thick of internal politics and encountering a lot of personal agendas”.

“I might as well free myself from all these problems and just concentrate on what I want to do, that is to be able to spread this message about positivity, nurturing a more constructive environment and giving people hope that things can be better if we treat politics the right way,” he said.

If Mr Tan is successful in his nomination this year, he will be the first independent to contest the GE since 2001.

He says he is not daunted by the possibility of losing the S$16,000 election deposit, should he fail to get at least 12.5 percent of the votes in Potong Pasir.

“We need to look at our priorities and what’s more important,” he said. “There are some things you just have to do, even if it comes at a great cost. If it’s worth doing it, you do it.”

- CNA/ly

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the lowest number of votes ever achieved by a candidate in a Singapore election ? Anyone with the information please?
I think this idiot is going to break that record.

Songofdeath

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even he is named as MOLE here, as long as he does good to the residence, why not? Improvement is the top priority to the people.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the lowest number of votes ever achieved by a candidate in a Singapore election ? Anyone with the information please?

No one can come close to Desmond's achievement. The record may last till SG200.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sito is a marginal performer so need another guy to weaken opposition support!! Maybe Chiam might win this time round.

PAP always win when there is a 3 corner fight.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Desmond Lim 168 votes.

I hope this guys gets below 100. Double digit would be perfect for him.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Witness a fool and his election deposit is soon parting.....

May he not even get a single vote for trying to.pull that rabbit out of his arse........

What an insult to to even the dumbest sinkies.........

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes voter are more savvy now as seen in PE by elections.
PP was very closely contested meaning the lines drawn are even clearer.....I believe this moron will get less than the number of spoilt votes. Just watch