• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh meng seng challenges health minister gan kim yong to debate on healthcare

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...ealth-minister-gan-kim-yong-debate-healthcare

goh-meng-seng-ppp-debate-on-healthcare-issues-gan-kim-yong_1.jpg

People's Power Party (PPP) secretary-general Goh Meng Seng said today that he is ready to take on the People's Action Party team for Choa Chu Kang Group Representative Constituency (GRC) and has requested for a public debate on healthcare issues with Health Minister Gan Kim Yong.

While conducting a walkabout at Teck Whye in Chua Chu Kang GRC, Mr Goh said he looked forward to contesting against PAP's team - consisting Mr Gan, Ms Low Yen Ling, Mr Zaqy Mohamad and newcomer Mr Yee Chia Hsing.

"I feel great because basically Mr Gan is staying as contestant in this GRC.

“My strategy is minister-specific in a sense. So I'm going to raise issues on healthcare, MediShield - MediShield Life particularly, as well as the hospital bed crunch. I hope we have a good debate and I would like to invite Mr Gan to a public townhall debate. I am looking forward to having a robust debate."

Mr Goh also said the PAP has fielded “a good slate of candidates” in Chua Chu Kang GRC and is not planning to change his line-up for the constituency.

“We expected more or less on that. There are no surprises from them, but hopefully we will have some surprises,” he said, adding that PPP may introduce its candidates for the four-member GRC in the coming week.

Asked if his team is ready to take on the challenge from the PAP, he said: "Yes, gloves off."

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I salute Meng Seng. Last GE challenged MBT. Latter no lumpar. 1-0 to Capt. This GE he is challenging GKY. Like MBT, GKY no lumpar. 2-0 to GMS.

Dont understand why the ministers so scared of GMS. They have MOS, Parl Sec, MOS, many directors and grads in the ministry and yet darent take on a lone ranger. For that, GMS deserves our hormat.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I salute Meng Seng. Last GE challenged MBT. Latter no lumpar. 1-0 to Capt. This GE he is challenging GKY. Like MBT, GKY no lumpar. 2-0 to GMS.

Dont understand why the ministers so scared of GMS. They have MOS, Parl Sec, MOS, many directors and grads in the ministry and yet darent take on a lone ranger. For that, GMS deserves our hormat.

No lumpar can be because of 3 reasons. In this case all 3 applies.
1 is the minister buay gan.
2 is ministry has something to hide (every ministry does),
3 is classic civil service mantra - the less you do, the lesser your chance of getting things wrong. Do nothing, nothing goes wrong! Teehee!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How not to be afraid if there are no scripts to read from?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Medishield life is a real hot potato that most common folks don't understand. To make sure that they continue not to understand, Ah Seng is the best man. He will question aggressively like a true blue opposition. But he will not touch on the real issue. He had already shown his prowess to confuse and decept during the hawker centre cleaning saga.

airplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does he know what he is doing? Dont make a fool of himself...

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...ealth-minister-gan-kim-yong-debate-healthcare

goh-meng-seng-ppp-debate-on-healthcare-issues-gan-kim-yong_1.jpg

People's Power Party (PPP) secretary-general Goh Meng Seng said today that he is ready to take on the People's Action Party team for Choa Chu Kang Group Representative Constituency (GRC) and has requested for a public debate on healthcare issues with Health Minister Gan Kim Yong.

While conducting a walkabout at Teck Whye in Chua Chu Kang GRC, Mr Goh said he looked forward to contesting against PAP's team - consisting Mr Gan, Ms Low Yen Ling, Mr Zaqy Mohamad and newcomer Mr Yee Chia Hsing.

"I feel great because basically Mr Gan is staying as contestant in this GRC.

“My strategy is minister-specific in a sense. So I'm going to raise issues on healthcare, MediShield - MediShield Life particularly, as well as the hospital bed crunch. I hope we have a good debate and I would like to invite Mr Gan to a public townhall debate. I am looking forward to having a robust debate."

Mr Goh also said the PAP has fielded “a good slate of candidates” in Chua Chu Kang GRC and is not planning to change his line-up for the constituency.

“We expected more or less on that. There are no surprises from them, but hopefully we will have some surprises,” he said, adding that PPP may introduce its candidates for the four-member GRC in the coming week.

Asked if his team is ready to take on the challenge from the PAP, he said: "Yes, gloves off."

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every election GMS will challenge a minister using a ''minister specific'' strategy. Best is to get him into parliament so that he can confront the entire Cabinet.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does he know what he is doing? Dont make a fool of himself...

Unlikely. With his sound grasp of economics and his straight-talking style, he'll make mincemeat of Gan. Our ministers can only read from a script; take them on in a live debate and they flounder.

Whatever you say about GMS, he's got guts and gumption. If only more oppo figures were like him.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously,,,, this guy just wants a debate,,,,,

1,000 burning questions, 100 platforms and all he wants is a townhall debate that everybodynknows will not happen,,,,,,,

do a youtube and present your case more colorful than amos, n its better than a town hall debate filled with pap n ppp folks with nasi lemak

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Goh, can you please do S'poreans a big favour? Issue challenge to ALL the ministers to take you on. Spare Tuck Yew. He is now depressed. Good luck, bro. You are simply the best.