• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

120,000 SG50 funpacks yet to be collected

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...rm=Autofeed&link_time=1439718542#xtor=EchoBox

120,000 SG50 funpacks yet to be collected

funpackcollect_st.jpg

The Straits Times
Sunday, Aug 16, 2015

At the Geylang Serai Community Club on Friday afternoon, Ms Munirah Ahmad finally got her hands on the SG50 funpack she had been waiting for.

The 43-year-old kindergarten principal missed out on redeeming the commemorative bag earlier this month as she was busy and feared she had missed out altogether.

"When I found out from friends that the redemption was still ongoing, I went to the community club (CC) straight away," she said. "This is the first time funpacks are given to everyone, even to those who did not attend the National Day Parade, so it is special.

We are celebrating SG50 this year and this funpack is a meaningful keepsake.

"Singapore's Golden Jubilee weekend may be over but hundreds of people are still streaming into CCs daily to collect their funpacks.

Some 120,000 SG50 funpacks, or about 10 per cent of the 1.2 million distributed to every Singaporean and permanent resident household, remain uncollected, according to the People's Association (PA). The tote bags were specially prepared to commemorate Singapore's 50th year of independence.Like Ms Munirah, many Singaporeans that The Sunday Times spoke to said they did not know where to collect their funpacks or that the collection date had been extended till the end of the month.

Website editor Geraldine Ling, 35, is eager to get it for its commemorative and nostalgic items."I kept the collection postcard but, unfortunately, my husband threw away the letter containing the collection details. I tried searching online for information, but could not find any redemption instructions," Ms Ling said."I'm very proud of Singapore and I think the SG50 funpacks are well designed. With this year being Singapore's 50th birthday, I'd like to keep a piece of nostalgia.

"Mr Andrew Jacob, 29, was also not aware that the collection date had been extended and has still to collect the goodie bag.

"I had forgotten about the collection," said the bank employee. "I've been busy at work and collecting the funpack is not a priority for me right now."

Others said that they delayed collecting theirs because they were unsure if they wanted the items, which include a Singa Lion figurine as well as snacks and games that were popular during Singapore's early years.

Artist and teacher Jessie Lim, 51, said: "I heard from my sister that there are some meaningful commemorative items in the funpack and I plan to collect mine soon.

"Eligible households still have time till Aug 31 to collect their funpacks. Redemption details can be found in the postcard and letter mailed to them.

Those who have misplaced the documents can redeem the bags using their NRIC at the CC serving their constituency.

Any funpack that is uncollected after August will be given out to homes and orphanages as part of the PA's community outreach programmes. PA said the Moral Welfare Home and Boys' Town are among the potential [email protected]

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 6:57 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #2
instinct http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif

The govt spent $20 mil on the funpack and so many people don't want it.
Real waste of tax payers money

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free people also don't want. PAP is like an old hag soliciting for votes at the back lanes.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you have noticed, only stupid women want that shit..

it is free man, that is why women want it..

That is how they are being wired,, if it is free, they must have it..

Luckily i stay away from sinkie, especially the women.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any uncollected fun pack will be given to homes and orphanages...for?:confused: Dey nid care, guidance and most important...funds for development...oni pappies gib comb to monks and feel damn meaningful bout it...:biggrin::biggrin:

shd had org a charity event selling em and make sure every cents raise from de sales goes to de needy...but knowing de pappies...every $ sales probably oni 1 cent goes to charity de rest goes to "admin cost". :p

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huh? The government spent $20 million on the fun packs? Look carefully at the items, most of the items were sponsored by private companies, somebody makan money in the Government?

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Website editor Geraldine Ling, 35, is eager to get it for its commemorative and nostalgic items."I kept the collection postcard but, unfortunately, my husband threw away the letter containing the collection details. I tried searching online for information, but could not find any redemption instructions," Ms Ling said."I'm very proud of Singapore and I think the SG50 funpacks are well designed. With this year being Singapore's 50th birthday, I'd like to keep a piece of nostalgia.

Typical emo lky fan bitch siao chaobor with an anti pappy husband. Haha well done man!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
$20 million for the 'fuck packs?

Of course, these money goes into the business cronies pockets.

So , Sinkie you want three meals at a hawker center or restaurant?

120,00 fuck packs uncollected...means PaP should prepare to lose 120,000 votes ? LoLoLoL

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Eligible households still have time till Aug 31 to collect their funpacks. Redemption details can be found in the postcard and letter mailed to them.

Those who have misplaced the documents can redeem the bags using their NRIC at the CC serving their constituency.

Any funpack that is uncollected after August will be given out to homes and orphanages as part of the PA's community outreach programmes. PA said the Moral Welfare Home and Boys' Town are among the potential [email protected]

nobody wants them.
if these funpacks have any value ,
u can be velly sure that
the Rotten Community and Pest Association people would grab first.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wfc.jpeg

Who gives a flying fark about this pointless and useless crap.....how many sinkies really feel as proud as they should be???

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No waste.
Quite a few George Cronies benefited from this multi millions contract of supplying transporting and distributing the goodie bags.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just give away the 120K funpacks at the community centers, whoever wants how many can just take them. Sinkies really lust for freebies whatever it is.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

You get all the shitty stuff who wants it??

Even karang guni man also don't want it for 50 cents!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dunno how can anyone in the world possibly make a fun pack look as shitty as this.the only thing worse is at least they didnt include a cd copy of the funpack song.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dunno how can anyone in the world possibly make a fun pack look as shitty as this.the only thing worse is at least they didnt include a cd copy of the funpack song.

What a terrible waste of money. I bet the candies inside have already decomposed. :biggrin:

I bet a lot of SG50 merchandise are still unsold by the various retailers.

No worries, daft and grateful Sinkies will be paying the bill after the election. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any uncollected fun pack will be given to homes and orphanages...for?:confused: Dey nid care, guidance and most important...funds for development...oni pappies gib comb to monks and feel damn meaningful bout it...:biggrin::biggrin:

shd had org a charity event selling em and make sure every cents raise from de sales goes to de needy...but knowing de pappies...every $ sales probably oni 1 cent goes to charity de rest goes to "admin cost". :p

Indeed, the old folks in nursing homes have no teeth, even eating porridge is a slow affair for them. Let them munch on the SG50 candies. :rolleyes:

And fuck you PAP for systematically destroying heritage in the name of 'progress', for failing to see intangible value beyond money.

Quite the hypocrisy to play the nostalgia card, no? :kma:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free people also don't want. PAP is like an old hag soliciting for votes at the back lanes.

Like an 'old hag' still 'soliciting for sex'....$20 a pop, nobody wants...ha ha ha ha :biggrin: The 120,000 are waiting for the PAP candidates to bring those funpacks to the house personally....after all, they are funpacks...should be FUN TO RECEIVE...:rolleyes:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No waste.
Quite a few George Cronies benefited from this multi millions contract of supplying transporting and distributing the goodie bags.

$20 million for distribution and supplying transport? Singapore is only half an hour end to end and the fun packs are not distributed house to house, only to CCs right? Most is a few hundred dollars by a couple of lorries, one day job can complete distribution. Also I remembered they were packed by SAF soldiers and some special needs kids, someone must have had a gooooood lunch for $20 million.