• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Chicken!! Entire Aljunied Team To Stay Intact At Aljunied GRC!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It not unexpected that they remain intact. WP winning margin of 54% in AJ GRC is just too near to be complacent and they need to seek their mandate by widening that gap. As for other GRC, WP will likely deploy their top tier candidates in EC GRC and mp GRC.
I
You don't need to send big gun to enhance your chance. A down to earth candidate who works the ground consistently will be equally good. This is because many voters simply don't vote on issues but whom they can better relate to.

It took the combined firepower of LTK, SL, CSM, PS to conquer Aljunied. I don't think the team they sending to MP and EC gonna be that calibre. And they r going against incumbents who r no slouches either. I really don't see a victory for WP much as I would like to support them!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

It took the combined firepower of LTK, SL, CSM, PS to conquer Aljunied. I don't think the team they sending to MP and EC gonna be that calibre. And they r going against incumbents who r no slouches either. I really don't see a victory for WP much as I would like to support them!

SL spent few nights a week for 5 years knocking at every door in AJ GRC without much fanfare. Without her effort, i doubt WP can win AJ GRC even with their A' team. What WP team in EC and MP need are workhorse who does the same thing as SL rather than big shots.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
BREAKING: The Workers' Party team to remain intact to contest Aljunied GRC, says WP Chairman Sylvia Lim.

With elections just around the corner, the WP has benefited from charges not being brought against it for its shenanigans in Aljunied Town Council. The government knows a lot more than it is currently letting out publicly for fear of an election setback. This is in the expectation that the WP will play the victim card as Low Thia Khiang and his fellow millionaire WP MPs are apt to, and will always do.

However, it will be different post-elections. Hoping to avoid charges by trying to desperately win Aljunied will not matter. Win or lose - current polling show that with the exception of Hougang, WP will lose Aljunied as well as all seats that it contests - charges will be laid, as they should rightfully be, against the WP.

Accounts needs to be, should be and will be squared after the elections. You don't muck around with residents' money and expect to get away with it by playing victims of persecution.

Expect either heavy fines or terms of imprisonment for the unlawful shenanigans that occurred in Aljunied under the watch of the WP. Trying to buy insurance in the form of sucking up to the PAP by pledging to form a coalition government with the PAP will not save the skins of the WP MPs, their friends and their cronies.