• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grassroots Confirm WP Sending Featherweight To MacPherson SMC! Residents Upset!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wp-macpherson-smc-challenge-lightly-disappointment.jpg

Dear Editor,

I would like to relate the sentiments of "Macphersonians", having served and retired in this ward since the time of Encik Othman Eusofe to the useless Matthias Yao and the current embattled Tin Tin and her adventures with Rosemary.

I rejoiced initially when I heard WP is coming to contest here and Marine Parade GRC but this joy slowly turned to disappointment, yet again as my grassroot friends who are still serving in MacPherson were told to heave a sign of relief as WP only takes Marine Parade seriously and is plucking an unpopular feather weight candidate from the defunct Moulmein-Kallang as a token contest in MacPherson!

I wonder if anyone really cares about the welfare of MacPherson as we merely seem to be a pawn in the ball game of the bigger boys, be it the PAP, WP or even Nicole Seah Party. The latter pledged to still care for MacPherson with her crocodile tears and even made several empty promises which she never fulfilled before achieving her set out target for fame and glamour.

Tin Tin on the other hand, was sent here to tame GCT and gang into submission to LHL's lieutenants as they understand the ground data well that her presence will not affect MacPherson (as many elderly are ignorant of social media) but a deliberate intent to pull down votes from the more affluent Serangoon, Geylang Serai and Kembangan-Chai Chee.

So now that after all targets are fulfilled, we are once again kicked out and left on our own when GCT threw a ruckus about his "legacy" in Joo Chiat Marine Parade being in tenterhooks should the WP choose to run in his constituency.

Now residents of both wards should carefully judge and put pressure on both parties if they are genuinely here for our long term interest or another round of tactical move on their political chessboard. If so, then I think we should look beyond a 2 party system as it is no longer working for the good of this country.

N. Ultraman
A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...-party-takes-macpherson-smc-challenge-lightly

Haaahaaahaaa.....

Nice try motherfucker,.....

HTR is indeed the one they truly fear.........

Thanks for confirming this pap cbkiahs.....

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saying that, HTR is a formidable opponent enough. Corporate lawyer doesn't pale in comparison to Tin who is an auditor.

HTR needs to catch up on her groundworks and win over as many poor folks and apathetic voters as possible. Else chances will be quite slim for WP.

I do expect the winning margin for whichever party to be within the ratio of 55-45

If HTR can't win this time, next target should be in ge20 when she will be in a much better position but that provided MAC SMC didn't get chop off.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Against a non-WP candidate or against a truly lightweight WP candidate with no image or career to boast of, I would say TPL stands a very good chance.

Against HTR, it will be an even match. HTR is no featherweight and if she does the catchup fast, she stands a decent chance of booting TPL out of parliament.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Against a non-WP candidate or against a truly lightweight WP candidate with no image or career to boast of, I would say TPL stands a very good chance.

Against HTR, it will be an even match. HTR is no featherweight and if she does the catchup fast, she stands a decent chance of booting TPL out of parliament.

Baby Tin will help swing at least 2% towards Mama Tin. Timing seepeh ho. Comfortable 7-10% winning margin. Maybe 2020 got chance?

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
August 14, 2015
GE 2015: “PAP has lost my vote. Permanently. Forever.”

Would the Amos Yee Saga have an influence on our Singaporeans’ voting choices?

And how significant would be this impact be, to our upcoming elections?

This is the last interview Offbeat Perspectives will be posting to close off the collection of audio interviews we took @ the Free Amos Yee Rally on July 5 of 2015. Feel free to “like” us on our Facebook page – Offbeat Perspectives Facebook Page if you hope to receive updates on our upcoming street interviews where we seek on-the-ground opinions towards GE 2015.

57 Years Old
Female
Chinese
Retired
Atheist
Regards to public response towards Amos Yee

“The use of his words, his behavior, his audacity is something Singaporeans are not used too and they somehow feel offended by it, which I don’t understand but; it’s not something that they have seen before and that’s something they don’t understand, maybe they fear.”

On the openness of Singaporeans

“I don’t think is just the older generation. The younger people are reacting, and some of them themselves are very offensive to Amos Yee so I don’t think is a generation thing.”

How the authorities should have handled the matter

“They should have just ignored or give him a warning. It would have all died down and it wouldn’t have all these hoo haa.”

When asked if people might start to follow in Amos Yee footsteps

“What will happen? What do you think? They will overthrow the government? I don’t think so.”

Amos Yee charges

“I don’t think the issue is to do with religion in the first place. [So you see it as the political side?] And yes, the timing also you know? One week after LKY’s death. [So you see more it as a political move?] Oh definitely. And I think they are using him as an example of – there’s a line that Singapore should not cross.”

If she felt the Saga would impact the upcoming GE 2015

“Definitely. PAP has lost my vote. Permanently. Forever. Actually before this, I had voted PAP but not the last election. [Was there any reason?] The same reason as now, but now, I’m even more sure. Now I just see them as being really evil, cruel, and they should not do this to their own people. And the government should take care of their own citizens and not instill fear and intimidate, and personally I don’t like bullies.”

Whether she sees’s Singapore as a democratic country?

“(Chuckles) I mean, I don’t understand the question, I mean if you want to talk about elections and vote – each one has a vote, that is democratic but I don’t understand democracy anymore. I don’t know what it means. All I know is that I want people to treat each other right, take care of each other. Do not bully or intimidate and be cruel, especially to your own people, to each other, that’s all.”

If she agrees with western perspectives that deems Singapore as an authoritarian state

“Yes, definitely. [What is one change you would like to see in Singapore?] I would like to see this not happen, and that people be given a voice to recognize we have a right to question, and that nothing and nobody is above criticism – full stop.”

“Good government includes pursuit of national interest regardless of theories or ideologies. Good government is pragmatic government.”

– Lee Kuan Yew

The way the government handled the matter, are they going to gain or lose more supporters?
It can really go either ways as some rallied the government’s decisions, while some felt Amos treatment was too disproportionate. Only time will tell. Vote wisely.
Are we going to let one incident waver our vote? Are we going to let one incident change our vote? The next 4 years is going to be a very long one if we do not vote wisely. Do we want to place stability over change? Or do we want to place change over stability?
The ball is in our hands. It’s time to head into the playing field, the score will be out in a due. Let’s weigh our outcomes wisely and vote for what we think will do us well for the next 4 years

https://offbeatperspectives.wordpress.com/2015/08/14/ge-2015-pap-has-lost-my-vote-permanently-forever/

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There's nothing wrong with being a featherweight.

Manny Pacquiao is a featherweight too and I don't recommend messing with him in cul-de-sac.