• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grassroots Confirm WP Sending Featherweight To MacPherson SMC! Residents Upset!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wp-macpherson-smc-challenge-lightly-disappointment.jpg

Dear Editor,

I would like to relate the sentiments of "Macphersonians", having served and retired in this ward since the time of Encik Othman Eusofe to the useless Matthias Yao and the current embattled Tin Tin and her adventures with Rosemary.

I rejoiced initially when I heard WP is coming to contest here and Marine Parade GRC but this joy slowly turned to disappointment, yet again as my grassroot friends who are still serving in MacPherson were told to heave a sign of relief as WP only takes Marine Parade seriously and is plucking an unpopular feather weight candidate from the defunct Moulmein-Kallang as a token contest in MacPherson!

I wonder if anyone really cares about the welfare of MacPherson as we merely seem to be a pawn in the ball game of the bigger boys, be it the PAP, WP or even Nicole Seah Party. The latter pledged to still care for MacPherson with her crocodile tears and even made several empty promises which she never fulfilled before achieving her set out target for fame and glamour.

Tin Tin on the other hand, was sent here to tame GCT and gang into submission to LHL's lieutenants as they understand the ground data well that her presence will not affect MacPherson (as many elderly are ignorant of social media) but a deliberate intent to pull down votes from the more affluent Serangoon, Geylang Serai and Kembangan-Chai Chee.

So now that after all targets are fulfilled, we are once again kicked out and left on our own when GCT threw a ruckus about his "legacy" in Joo Chiat Marine Parade being in tenterhooks should the WP choose to run in his constituency.

Now residents of both wards should carefully judge and put pressure on both parties if they are genuinely here for our long term interest or another round of tactical move on their political chessboard. If so, then I think we should look beyond a 2 party system as it is no longer working for the good of this country.

N. Ultraman
A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...-party-takes-macpherson-smc-challenge-lightly

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If so, then I think we should look beyond a 2 party system as it is no longer working for the good of this country.

If you want electoral reforms, you'll have to reduce the power and influence of the PAP. Otherwise it'll be the same old nonsense.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What kind of fucked up letter is this written by a self-proclaimed opposition voter who calls himself Ultraman? Is he even of voting age yet? Sounds more like he has feathers in between his ears.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When was He Ting Ru in Moulmein Kallang? She didn't even contest in 2011. Two major mistakes by PAP voices in a week. The other one claimed LHL always holds his national day rally 2 Sundays from NDP.

Tin is a lightweight opponent. The weakest opponent that WP will be contesting against. WP don't have to send a strong candidate and deny other wards a strong candidate.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When was He Ting Ru in Moulmein Kallang? She didn't even contest in 2011. Two major mistakes by PAP voices in a week. The other one claimed LHL always holds his national day rally 2 Sundays from NDP.

Tin is a lightweight opponent. The weakest opponent that WP will be contesting against. WP don't have to send a strong candidate and deny other wards a strong candidate.

Yes. No need to overkill. No need a hammer to kill an ant.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

TPL is weak on national stage but that more of a perception. At local level she is a formidable opponent. Whoever WP sent will be the underdog .

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TPL is weak on national stage but that more of a perception. At local level she is a formidable opponent. Whoever WP sent will be the underdog .

Macpherson has always been a PAP stronghold and if Tin does well she is saved by the poor folks there who depend on PAP a lot.

Same with Jalan Besar or Moulmein Kallang which has always been SDP's/SDA's/WP's worse score. The many poor folks there saved Yaacob's job for many terms. Which is why GMS was a joke when he said NSP's best score will come from there and the WP Aljunied Team should have committed suicide there instead.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree. But this underdog stands a good chance of an upset unlike Desmond Lim Trai Tor in Pasir Ris.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Macpherson has always been a PAP stronghold and if Tin does well she is saved by the poor folks there who depend on PAP a lot.

Same with Jalan Besar or Moulmein Kallang which has always been SDP's/SDA's/WP's worse score. The many poor folks there saved Yaacob's job for many terms. Which is why GMS was a joke when he said NSP's best score will come from there and the WP Aljunied Team should have committed suicide there instead.

The good thing about the Capt is, whatever he says, take the opposite. Same on baccarat table. You spot a person who has the habit of losing. Whatever he takes, you take the opposite. This can be labelled as, someone's negative can be your positive.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are always beh song with PAP.

WP will grab this SMC if she just try a little harder enough.

TPL is more friendly and sociable with the residents than this WP Cambridge elite.

Now she is a mom, her attractiveness grows because she is much more mature now.

Who is more concerned about residents living conditions?

Of course an MP with kids.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. But this underdog stands a good chance of an upset unlike Desmond Lim Trai Tor in Pasir Ris.

No, Tin will play the underdog card. Poor thing kena condemn and scold for 5 years but now known to be very hardworking. New mother just given birth still weak but dare to campaign in single seat. A tear jerker for the old folks, which was the strategy used by Nicole.

Good if WP fields a new mother to counter that but the only one I know has her Punggol East to jaga.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree but to the many voters there, can HTR give them the $$$ that TPL is giving? Taxpayers' money no doubt.

What use of $$ when your job is gone taken by FT, and u got to drive taxi to survive the endless cost of living increase and u can't touch your CPF?? I think enough voters r able to see the big picture now!