• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maid who won $2.3m lottery accused of stealing ticket

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
A maid who won $2.3 million in the Singapore Sweep insists she has done nothing wrong, after police received a report from another person claiming that the winning ticket was stolen.

Len (not her real name) told The Straits Times that she bought a Singapore Sweep ticket at a Tampines Singapore Pools outlet in June, while on her way to help a friend remit some money to the Philippines.

That same night, the maid said she got the surprise of her life when her ticket won the lottery's first prize, making her an instant multi-millionaire.

The 44-year-old, who has worked for the same family in Pasir Ris for 14 years, claimed the prize money, deposited it into her bank account here and transferred some of it to her 22-year-old daughter and 23-year-old son in the Philippines.

But last month, three officers from the Ang Mo Kio police division came to the flat where she works.

She said they told her that someone had lodged a report claiming ownership of the winning ticket and that it had been stolen.

Her employer's son was with her at the time the police were questioning her.

She said she was upset by the news, but has complied with requests to hand over details of her bank account.

She also told police where she bought the winning ticket and showed them receipts for the money transfers she had made.

She took them to the Tampines outlet where she bought the ticket.

She stayed outside with one of them while the others went into the shop. "When they came out, they said the security camera video of me buying the ticket had been erased," she said.

Len then offered to take them to the nearby shop where she had helped her friend to remit money, but the officers told her that it was not necessary.

They then took her back to their police vehicle where they asked her more questions.

Since then, they have called her at least four times, asking her for other details such as phone numbers of her friends.

While she still has her winnings, the investigation has left her very worried. "I kept asking the officers to tell me who was accusing me of stealing the ticket, but they wouldn't say," she said.

She added that the police had asked her to go to the police station. But she declined, as she believes she had answered all their questions.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, the police confirmed yesterday that a report had been lodged and "that investigations are ongoing".

Len's employer, a 62-year-old customer service officer, does not believe she did anything wrong.

"She has been honest with us and she's a very nice person," he added.

Len said she has bought a plot of land in the Philippines and plans to build a house on it for her children.

She plans to save the rest of the prize money for their future.

She also intends to keep working for her employer for now.

"They are family to me," she said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/maid-who-won-23m-lottery-accused-of-stealing-ticket

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is still working as a maid?

That Pinoy must be an idiot....win 2.3m still work as a maid, something fishy right!? I have know Maids that strike $2,500 - $5,000 4D...will tell the employer F$#$^^$ it & ask to leave straight for Manila... it is PHP82,500 -165,000 can buy land & build a nice home, with attach bath, tiles, good roof, washing machine, etc...

2.3m is PHP75,900,000 can buy a PROVINCE, like the employer says, she is a "nice person"...must be BF bought that tic, most likely a kek leng or bangla...told her to hold the tic & now strike money..she doesn't know that idiot.

Should have taken the money & scooted off...the employer still want to employ her, she has 1 million in her bank account, SHE CAN EMPLOY HER EMPLOYER....ha ha ha ha....:p

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CCTV of her buying ticket conviently erased

if someone has accused and reported, and police questioning the maid, more than once somemore, surely she has a right to know who her accuser is

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cant wait to see what the useless poodles are gonna do.....

but wait....we have to hold on till they wake up first.....

f733ef9b512ef8ef833503ab071f8073_330.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/maid-who-won-23m-lottery-accused-of-stealing-ticket

Maid who won $2.3m lottery accused of stealing ticket1/2

newthread.php

ST_20150815_ZKMAID15YFVD_1602794.jpg
Len (not her real name), who has been working for her current employer for 14 years, intends to continue working for him. She shows a photocopy of the winning ticket which she has been accused of stealing.ST PHOTOS: CHEW SENG KIM

st_20150815_zkmaid15zvff_1602793.jpg

Published
9 hours ago

[h=2]Filipina says she bought Sweep ticket in Tampines; denies any wrongdoing[/h]Feng Zengkun
[email protected]

A maid who won $2.3 million in the Singapore Sweep insists she has done nothing wrong, after police received a report from another person claiming that the winning ticket was stolen.

Len (not her real name) told The Straits Times that she bought a Singapore Sweep ticket at a Tampines Singapore Pools outlet in June, while on her way to help a friend remit some money to the Philippines.

That same night, the maid said she got the surprise of her life when her ticket won the lottery's first prize, making her an instant multi-millionaire.

The 44-year-old, who has worked for the same family in Pasir Ris for 14 years, claimed the prize money, deposited it into her bank account here and transferred some of it to her 22-year-old daughter and 23-year-old son in the Philippines.

But last month, three officers from the Ang Mo Kio police division came to the flat where she works.

She said they told her that someone had lodged a report claiming ownership of the winning ticket and that it had been stolen.

Her employer's son was with her at the time the police were questioning her.

She said she was upset by the news, but has complied with requests to hand over details of her bank account.

She also told police where she bought the winning ticket and showed them receipts for the money transfers she had made.

She took them to the Tampines outlet where she bought the ticket.

She stayed outside with one of them while the others went into the shop. "When they came out, they said the security camera video of me buying the ticket had been erased," she said.

Len then offered to take them to the nearby shop where she had helped her friend to remit money, but the officers told her that it was not necessary.

They then took her back to their police vehicle where they asked her more questions.

Since then, they have called her at least four times, asking her for other details such as phone numbers of her friends.

While she still has her winnings, the investigation has left her very worried. "I kept asking the officers to tell me who was accusing me of stealing the ticket, but they wouldn't say," she said.

She added that the police had asked her to go to the police station. But she declined, as she believes she had answered all their questions.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, the police confirmed yesterday that a report had been lodged and "that investigations are ongoing".

Len's employer, a 62-year-old customer service officer, does not believe she did anything wrong.

"She has been honest with us and she's a very nice person," he added.

Len said she has bought a plot of land in the Philippines and plans to build a house on it for her children.

She plans to save the rest of the prize money for their future.

She also intends to keep working for her employer for now.

"They are family to me," she said.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The results from Singapore Pools http://www.singaporepools.com.sg/en/sweep/Pages/results.aspx?sppl=RHJhd051bWJlcj0wNjIwMTU= 3rd June 2015, I did a bit of tracing.

These Filipino's , many of them, the maids are very boastful to their own country people, they make a bit of money...they will boast. I have seen their Facebook pages, displaying the First salary they received, their Samsung Handphone, their iPhone, their iPad, their whatever....

It is not rare, that whoever made a police report...must be her own people, most likely or 'she is involved' with that person of that Tampines outlet....or sold that ticket on 'credit'....with these people, anything is possible, furthermore, like I had mentioned, struck a few thousands 4D..they all immediately resign & go home....2.3m still work, here as a maid...PLEASE! don't insult our intelligence.

I strike 2.3m....I work for a while though, my boss scold me, I will F$#$#$$* the boss & walk off...

The police should be asking her employer, is she working for you free??...

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCTV of her buying ticket conviently erased

if someone has accused and reported, and police questioning the maid, more than once somemore, surely she has a right to know who her accuser is

The police are just wasting time. Check with Singapore pool as which outlet sold the ticket. She said sold at a particular outlet. That would verify her story.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The police are just wasting time. Check with Singapore pool as which outlet sold the ticket. She said sold at a particular outlet. That would verify her story.
"She took them to the Tampines outlet where she bought the ticket.

She stayed outside with one of them while the others went into the shop. "When they came out, they said the security camera video of me buying the ticket had been erased," she said."

"
While she still has her winnings, the investigation has left her very worried. "I kept asking the officers to tell me who was accusing me of stealing the ticket, but they wouldn't say," she said."

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is not an issue lah, most likely she had been boasting around with all the detail where she bought it from, which is also likely to be true, and the person who made police report also can say it was bought from the same outlet

jw5

Loyal
Finish your story leh, so did you fuck your supervisor's back, errrr, I mean fuck your supervisor back? :biggrin:

Last time when the first prize money was 400K I won it and continued to work as office boy in order to fuck my supervisor back

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am calling bluff on this one. Singapore Pools really stooping low to drum up declining sales of tickets.

We should avoid buying Singapore sweep at all cost, as it is a total scam.

Here's why:

1. Maid bought ticket on 3rd Jun, the draw date and guess what? It is a Wednesday. So, they are telling us the maid can leave the household from Pasir Ris and go to Tampines to help friend to remit money and jalan jalan to buy ticket.

2. Employer is 62 years old and is a Customer Service Officer.....seriously? Who would hire him at this age? Children all grown up and how did he get to hire a maid and had her for 14 years some more. Means the maid is hired when he is 48 years old. Not typical though could be true, but a bit not the norm. Why the ST needs to tell us his occupation?

3. Maid bought plot of land. Let's say she got her winnings in Jun upon checking the ticket number and won first price. Then she has one month to do all these below, since the police got to her last month in July.
a. Bought a plot of land........seriously? So fast?
b. Open a local bank account? Really? For fuck sake, no need to remit money to her family is it? Ok, maybe true, but a bit far-fetched, just as far-fetch she can leave her household on a weekday and hop onto a train and go jalan jalan at Tampines
c. Remit some money to her son and daughter and they never ask her how she got the money? And how much she remited to her children, the ST reporter never ask? Then interview her for fuck?

4. Police is from Ang Moh Kio division but she from Pasir Ris. Police operate in this manner is it?

5. But the most unbelievable part of this stoopig story is how the ST gets this scoop? You mean the ST reporter so privileged is it? Make me laugh. And the maid and the employer both allowed the ST reporter to interview this maid and even have the Singapore sweep ticket photocopied and published in the ST for the public to see it is a genuine ticket, is it?

6. And lastly, the maid remains to work for the employer knowing that the police is investigating her. If I were her, I would pack my bag and fly off back to Philippines, since there is no charge or whatsoever and no warrant of arrest, but she remain in Singapore and make her story public.

Ok, quite a few things do not make a lot of sense.........but no need to dig which part is true, which part is false. This story's sole purpose is to tell us that it is possible to win the Singapore sweep first price, but then, only an abject idiot will believe this stoopig fake story. Who's lying we no need to know. For all we know, the whole stoopig story never happen, but Singapore Pools is behind this scam for all we know to boost the declining sales of Singapore sweep because only an abject idiot will buy Singapore sweep and hope will win anything. FAIL!

Last edited:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A lot of info missing. How come no information on accuser? I suspect this time Sinkie is right - Singapore Pools trying to drum up sales because "maid also can win 2.3m"