• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STUPID. It is a problem of Hsien Loong, not Tuck Yew.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is really a problem of Lee Hsien Loong, not Lui Tuck Yew. Loong creates more problems than Yew since he took over the prime ministership. Transport is just one of the problems and the problem never gets solved by just removing Tuck Yew.

There are so many outstanding problems, for example, the economy, CPF, healthcare, population, education, housing, ….. As a commander-in-chief, you just cannot single out one minister and one ministry. You need to look at the big picture. Voters will look at the total picture. Without transport, we can walk. Without money and medical care, people will die and die young. The stress of population crowds, schooling, and housing affect quality of life for many Singaporeans.

Seeing the bigger picture

So, Tuck Yew is just a small problem as compared the many big problems of Hsien Loong. Hsien Loong is really a ‘big big’ problem. Tuck Yew is not capable in solving transport problem, so do Hsien Loong for the many national problems in Singapore.

It makes people more angry if Hsien loong continues to be the prime minister.

The PAP wants voters to focus on small picture and ignore the big picture. The PAP’s strategy is to remove Yew and keep Loong.

For the PAP, to get back votes and trust, the best strategy is to get rid of Lee Hsien Loong. Failing to see the big picture will cause the PAP dearly. The PAP has other alternative ministers who can replace Lee Hsien Loong. Public confidence can be improved by replacing Loong. Why is the PAP so afraid of change? It is a better change, a change of survival.

One or more GRC losses

Yew may cause the loss of one Group Representative Constituency. If Loong remains as prime minister, the impact is the whole country. All voters will look at him, judge him and rate his performance. Is Loong better than Yew in problem solving?

The PAP is quite stupid for failing to see the difference. Perhaps, they pretend all problems will go away with the departure of Yew - an unwanted candidate. However, Yew can only cause a regional upset but Loong will cause a national upset, losing more GRCs.

Sunzi Chapter 10 has the following advice for generals:

http://pijitailai.blogspot.sg/2015/08/stupid-it-is-problem-of-hsien-loong-not.html

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Talk is cheap. In order to get rid of Loong, his power base needs to be dismantled. In order to do that, someone with considerable influence within the inner circle needs to engineer his downfall.

It is a dangerous strategy for anyone who initiates such a move because if they miscalculate the support they have or get the timing and the strategy wrong, they're history. It may not cost them their lives but it there would be a huge financial penalty.

Saddam used to exterminate those who were a threat with a bullet to the head in full view of his subordinates. In fact he would personally pull the trigger. The PAP has more subtle methods that are just as effective in ensuring that everyone toes the line.

If I was a judge, minister, senior civil servant, military top brass etc, why would I want to rock the boat??? For the money I earn and with the stability of my tenure guaranteed by the fact that I am natural aristocrat, I'd collect my whopping salary every month and keep my head down. When the house of cards finally falls, I'd simply move to my Swiss Villa and enjoy my retirement while sipping the best wine the region has to offer.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk is cheap. In order to get rid of Loong, his power base needs to be dismantled. In order to do that, someone with considerable influence within the inner circle needs to engineer his downfall.

that is cheap that is why taxpayers paid 10% gst so that PAP are paid millions of salaries.
is it justifiable? they cannot solve the problems after receiving millions of salary?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
that is cheap that is why taxpayers paid 10% gst so that PAP are paid millions of salaries.
is it justifiable? they cannot solve the problems after receiving millions of salary?

This has nothing to do with being "justifiable" because it is not about justice it's about power and money. Politics is all about power and politicians do whatever it takes to keep the spoils.

Politicians the world over have never been interested in solving problems. They are interested only in the baubles of office. It's exactly the same in NZ.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I was a judge, minister, senior civil servant, military top brass etc, why would I want to rock the boat??? For the money I earn and with the stability of my tenure guaranteed by the fact that I am natural aristocrat, I'd collect my whopping salary every month and keep my head down. When the house of cards finally falls, I'd simply move to my Swiss Villa and enjoy my retirement while sipping the best wine the region has to offer.

And even if they want to quit on "principle" grounds, their wives won't allow them to!

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is a dangerous strategy for anyone who initiates such a move because if they miscalculate the support they have or get the timing and the strategy wrong, they're history. It may not cost them their lives but it there would be a huge financial penalty.

Saddam used to exterminate those who were a threat with a bullet to the head in full view of his subordinates. In fact he would personally pull the trigger. The PAP has more subtle methods that are just as effective in ensuring that everyone toes the line.

Very well analysed and well said, Leong san, neh!!!:biggrin:

But, just a subtle point of difference....

It is interesting that for the very first time in the history of Singapore that the phrase 'natural aristocracy' is being put to use only very very recently. What perhaps has been mistaken then and till now is the fact that all mandarins have been taken to be the 'natural aristocrats', the right to rule and lord over others.

Perhaps, when the word was first uttered, the subject is meant to refer to 'one and only one'. If not, why would these 'natural aristocrats' be made to feel shame for failures, take the blame for things that do not go right and are constantly being replaced from time to time when failures happen? Yet, out of the lot, only one, the one that matters most, is not replaced? It has even been self uttered before, this one intended to be around for another ten more years to ensure a smooth transition to the next generation!!! Truth be told, this system that we have in place in Singapore has been, and mirrored a similar system that has been implemented for the last few thousand years or so, till the early last century.

Given the above, it is natural then that the aristocrat has been acting and behaving the way he has been, deciding and 'acting in the best of Singaporeans', no real changes, no tracing of root causes of problems but just merely symptomatic fixing of failures in policies. This is also despite the countless feedback provided by Singaporeans over the years, the admitted lack of 20/20 foresight and the debilitating effects thoughtless policies have on the lives of the majority of Singaporeans. It is a failure in leadership.

Well, be that as it may, even if well intentioned Singaporeans, through the parliamentary process, did not manage to dislodge or overcome the advantages inherent in this natural aristocracy this time around, history always demonstrate to us, the heavenly mandate is not 'a given'. This mandate has to be supported by actions and polices that when implemented result in fairness, equality and good benefits provided to the very people who provided the mandate in the first place. Above all, the majority of mandate providers should not be made to suffer whilst only the natural aristocracy and allies profit handsomely and outrageously. Otherwise, the natural aristocracy itself will not be long.

人在做,天在看. History always repeats itself.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Given the above, it is natural then that the aristocrat has been acting and behaving the way he has been, deciding and 'acting in the best of Singaporeans', no real changes, no tracing of root causes of problems but just merely symptomatic fixing of failures in policies. This is also despite the countless feedback provided by Singaporeans over the years, the admitted lack of 20/20 foresight and the debilitating effects thoughtless policies have on the lives of the majority of Singaporeans. It is a failure in leadership.

The aristocrat is trying to position himself as the paternal head of the family - like the father who whacks his son and then tells him that it was done because he loves the son. Unfortunately, the aura is not there.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boss Sam, are you alluding to someone in the north ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This has nothing to do with being "justifiable" because it is not about justice it's about power and money. Politics is all about power and politicians do whatever it takes to keep the spoils.

Politicians the world over have never been interested in solving problems. They are interested only in the baubles of office. It's exactly the same in NZ.

Politics is about power and money ... it 's so passe. The new buzzwords are cabinet reshuffle and donations.

Last edited:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
JtaCLJ5.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
LTY should consider himself lucky.

Kim Jong Un has critic executed

11:11 AM Friday Aug 14, 2015

Vice-Premier reported killed for voicing discontent.

SCCZEN_A_200215SPLKIM_620x311.jpg

Kim Jong Un has reportedly executed members of his inner circle.

North Korea's Vice-Premier has reportedly been executed by firing squad after voicing discontent with the forestry policies of Kim Jong Un, the country's young dictator.

Choe Yong Gon, 63, was killed after less than a year in his job, South Korean media reported, the latest casualty in a series of high-level purges within the isolated communist nation.

North Korea has not officially confirmed the execution, reported to have taken place in May, but Choe has not been seen in public since December and Pyongyang announced his replacement in July.

Reports of Choe's death come close on the heels of the execution of Hyon Yong Chol, the Defence Minister, who was reportedly blown apart by an antiaircraft gun in April after falling asleep at a military parade. He is said to have been killed in front of a large crowd of officials as a way of setting an example to Kim's other subordinates.

The dictator's uncle, Jang Song Thaek, was killed in 2013 after being charged with treason and corruption.

Unlike other purges, which happen in secret, Jang's death was publicly trumpeted by the regime, which accused him of having "perpetrated thrice-cursed acts of treachery". Dozens of other officials are believed to have been killed since Kim took power after the death of his father, Kim Jong Il, in 2011.

Choe is reported to have taken office in June last year. He once led the North Korean delegation in economic co-operation talks with South Korea. He was also a former member of the Supreme People's Assembly, the North Korean parliament. South Korea's Ministry of Unification, which is responsible for relations with its neighbour, said it was "closely monitoring the possibility of any changes in Choe's circumstances".

Reports of executions in North Korea are sometimes attributed to South Korean intelligence officials but often rely on anonymous sources. South Korea's Yonhap news agency said someone "with knowledge of the North" had reported Choe's execution.

The North Korean Government is a labyrinth of overlapping committees and Choe is believed to have been one of at least seven Vice-Premiers.
- Daily Telegraph UK

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well analysed and well said, Leong san, neh!!!:biggrin:

But, just a subtle point of difference....

It is interesting that for the very first time in the history of Singapore that the phrase 'natural aristocracy' is being put to use only very very recently. What perhaps has been mistaken then and till now is the fact that all mandarins have been taken to be the 'natural aristocrats', the right to rule and lord over others.

Perhaps, when the word was first uttered, the subject is meant to refer to 'one and only one'. If not, why would these 'natural aristocrats' be made to feel shame for failures, take the blame for things that do not go right and are constantly being replaced from time to time when failures happen? Yet, out of the lot, only one, the one that matters most, is not replaced? It has even been self uttered before, this one intended to be around for another ten more years to ensure a smooth transition to the next generation!!! Truth be told, this system that we have in place in Singapore has been, and mirrored a similar system that has been implemented for the last few thousand years or so, till the early last century.

Well, be that as it may, even if well intentioned Singaporeans, through the parliamentary process, did not manage to dislodge or overcome the advantages inherent in this natural aristocracy this time around, history always demonstrate to us, the heavenly mandate is not 'a given'. This mandate has to be supported by actions and polices that when implemented result in fairness, equality and good benefits provided to the very people who provided the mandate in the first place. Above all, the majority of mandate providers should not be made to suffer whilst only the natural aristocracy and allies profit handsomely and outrageously. Otherwise, the natural aristocracy itself will not be long.

人在做,天在看. History always repeats itself.

Natural aristocrat subscribes to the divine right of kings ala Loius XIV. You think he understands your chinky ideas of mandate of heaven?

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Natural aristocrat subscribes to the divine right of kings ala Loius XIV. You think he understands your chinky ideas of mandate of heaven?

Of course, looking at what he does to date, one can conclude that he understands the ideas of the mandate of heaven perfectly well. The privileges/benefits are dispensed to mandarins and the top dog alone gets to dispense them and also enjoy the biggest share. Only problem is that he does not take in the lessons of history to heart - the one who does not rule with equanimity will eventually lose it, and it will be the very people who gave the mandate who will take away, one way or another.

The very fact that mandarins are replaced time and again, supposedly for not able to handle peoples' problems well, but yet, the one who is in overall charge does not get kicked out attest to the above. Same same behaviour if you look at history and how some 'sons of heaven' behave. Now, the modern slant given just days ago is that such mistakes are 'a collective responsibility'. No one in particular is accountable for the mistakes, so no one is to be held responsible. Now, just don't say that the buck stops at the top!!! Just carry on as usual, it is a once in a half century ponding problem, honest mistakes and let's move on.

Once again, if the basic interests of the people, 衣, 食, 住, 行, are not taken care of nor safeguarded well, and there are many many cries of help from the people, but their cries are ignored/brushed aside as not important, will the mandate still be maintained? History are replete with such scenarios and history always repeats itself.

Finally, Singapore is just too tiny to be compared to France.

In this age of instant internet access, the concepts of democracy applied in the last few hundred years, the power of global finance, weaponry and the growth of human diversification just do not august well for a system of absolute monarchical rule nor even the idea of mandate from heaven. Yes, the natural aristocracy in their delusional arrogance can try but they are unlikely to last long.

Last edited:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aren't you living in a prison of the minds? Your conscience is being imprisoned. Such enjoyment has no taste or meaning.

We are highly evolved human beings created by an awesome God, we deserved more and better than such simple pleasures.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think LTY, ACSian righteous Christian has clear conscience to resign.
He had enough of politics here that made him very unanswerable to God.
There are many good X-tians much as bad ones.

In this instant, he need not reveal his true feelings or truth to anyone except to his God.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

so should a coup d'etat do it?

Oh.....sorry, sinkie generals are all fucktard cowards, who would sell out their soul to either kee chiu or play with TOY TRAINS or collect cardboard for a better living.

Sinkie are doomed! lolOloLOloL

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh.....sorry, sinkie generals are all fucktard cowards, who would sell out their soul to either kee chiu or play with TOY TRAINS or collect cardboard for a better living.

No. Collect caedboard soon to become SAF 5BX and RT training regime, giving nsmen the skills to eaen pocket money and keep fit when they are old.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Considering we have never really gone to war, the number of generals we have in this little red dot.
Not only that, got one star, two stars, three stars etc etc
Generally speaking, it is safe to say that once these generals go into the real world, they see
nothing but stars. Just look around at the star-studded CEOs among the GLCs.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a problem of Hsien Loong, not Tuck Yew.

http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-It-is-a-problem-of-Hsien-Loong-not-Tuck-Yew?pid=1228706#pid1228706

Today 8:21 AM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
singaporean1964 http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_online.gif
Elite Junior
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/uploads/avatars/avatar_3913.jpg?dateline=1411283411
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?212632-STUPID-It-is-a-problem-of-Hsien-Loong-not-Tuck-Yew

It is really a problem of Lee Hsien Loong, not Lui Tuck Yew. Loong creates more problems than Yew since he took over the prime ministership. Transport is just one of the problems and the problem never gets solved by just removing Tuck Yew.

There are so many outstanding problems, for example, the economy, CPF, healthcare, population, education, housing, ….. As a commander-in-chief, you just cannot single out one minister and one ministry. You need to look at the big picture. Voters will look at the total picture. Without transport, we can walk. Without money and medical care, people will die and die young. The stress of population crowds, schooling, and housing affect quality of life for many Singaporeans.

Seeing the bigger picture

So, Tuck Yew is just a small problem as compared the many big problems of Hsien Loong. Hsien Loong is really a ‘big big’ problem. Tuck Yew is not capable in solving transport problem, so do Hsien Loong for the many national problems in Singapore.

It makes people more angry if Hsien loong continues to be the prime minister.

The PAP wants voters to focus on small picture and ignore the big picture. The PAP’s strategy is to remove Yew and keep Loong.

For the PAP, to get back votes and trust, the best strategy is to get rid of Lee Hsien Loong. Failing to see the big picture will cause the PAP dearly. The PAP has other alternative ministers who can replace Lee Hsien Loong. Public confidence can be improved by replacing Loong. Why is the PAP so afraid of change? It is a better change, a change of survival.

One or more GRC losses

Yew may cause the loss of one Group Representative Constituency. If Loong remains as prime minister, the impact is the whole country. All voters will look at him, judge him and rate his performance. Is Loong better than Yew in problem solving?

The PAP is quite stupid for failing to see the difference. Perhaps, they pretend all problems will go away with the departure of Yew - an unwanted candidate. However, Yew can only cause a regional upset but Loong will cause a national upset, losing more GRCs.

Sunzi Chapter 10 has the following advice for generals:

http://pijitailai.blogspot.sg/2015/0...loong-not.html