• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

STI Down 70 points

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dow dropped by more than 500 points. Nasdaq dropped by more than 3%. Fear of a China-led slowdown is rattling investors in US markets.

If the US market enters into a correction phase, the Asian markets when they open next week will see a bloodbath.

Buy when there is blood on the streets.

i bought yesterday too early while sti recovering.

think sti will drop another 2% on monday.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dow drops more than 500 points as US markets plummet amid global sell-off

Most major markets around the world suffer bruising losses as investors worldwide become increasingly concerned about Chinese economy

“China has sent shockwaves through global markets and raised numerous questions on the outlook,” analysts at Societe Generale said. “To our minds, the gradual recovery taking shape in the advanced economies can weather what we expect will be a prolonged period of weaker growth in a number of the major emerging markets.”

David Madden, market analyst at IG, said: “China has been on a mission to keep up the illusion of a gradual slowdown, but dealers aren’t buying it anymore.”

Nigel Green, chief executive of financial consulting firm deVere Group, told Reuters: “There are many, and legitimate, contributing factors to the global economic slowdown narrative. These include China-related issues, such as the recent devaluation of its currency, the stock market’s boom and bust in recent months, and slower GDP growth.

“I believe that this volatility is likely to remain with us, at least until the end of the year ... But for most long-term investors, fears of a near-term financial apocalypse are overdone.”

Analysis Global market turmoil in six charts
World stock markets have suffered their worst week of the year so far buffeted by worries over China, a potential US rate rise and troubles in emerging economies. What do six big moves across markets tell us about increasingly jittery investors?
Read more
Connor Campbell, an analyst at Financials, predicted more lows to come. Oil and mining stocks were “drowning in losses” from the beginning of the day, he said.

Crude oil prices, which have come under growing pressure from oversupply from the US, Russia and the Middle East, fell in response to concerns that lower manufacturing output in China will cut world demand. Brent crude closed at $45.30 a barrel, down from more than $60 in June and $115 little more than a year ago.

Lower oil prices are expected to boost growth in the US, Japan and the major importing nations in Europe in the longer term, but the initial impact has been felt on emerging economies that export oil and other basic commodities that have also slumped in price.

Oil’s run of weekly losses is its worst since 1986, when the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec) ramped up production and sent it as low as $10 a barrel.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Price action is king and bestest of all no need to read those damn thick reports. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;NwxGULDdGJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwxGULDdGJ0[/video]

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The unimagineable can happen suddenly.

Can you imagine PAP losing power?

Singaporeans wants opposition but not in their ward
RUN knows PAP will win
but RUN never give up the fight.
You see my undying love for TingRu u know

Not because RUN is stupid.
RUN has kids, RUN cannot be selfish.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans wants opposition but not in their ward
RUN knows PAP will win
but RUN never give up the fight.
You see my undying love for TingRu u know

Not because RUN is stupid.
RUN has kids, RUN cannot be selfish.

Not true that Singaporeans want Opposition but not in their constituency.

I want Opposition and I want it in my constituency. Hougang, PE and Aljunied residents also want Opposotion and they want them in their constituencies

We are looking forward to WP getting 60% of the votes in Marine Parade GRC and kicking out GCT and the pap