• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong publish letters to avoid suspicions that he fired Lui Tuck Yew

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Termination can always be made to look like resignation. He has to go as his continuing presence at the coming election hustings is going to lose PAP many votes. Too risky to have him around even if he is not the anchorman for the PAP GRC team.:biggrin:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very cheem. Catch no ball.
it's a take on the proverb, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread"
meaning: The rash or inexperienced will attempt things that wiser people are more cautious of.
so, if the spaceship and alien hunter of a captain gets into parleement, let's see how wise enough he will be....:*:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...demoted wks and marboro tan to ordinary mp status due to public pressure from homeland security and housing. I am certain Lui's dismissal was no different. He was likely to have taken the demotion personally and requested to retire from politics altogether.

I wish your analysis is correct. Unfortunately, based on the little I know, public pressure is seldom a consideration. Personal pleasure is. One stepped on his toe, another is own people requesting to step down - both reasons are very personal in nature. With the little I know of LTY, he is quite daring and may have stepped on his toe too.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish your analysis is correct. Unfortunately, based on the little I know, public pressure is seldom a consideration. Personal pleasure is. One stepped on his toe, another is own people requesting to step down - both reasons are very personal in nature. With the little I know of LTY, he is quite daring and may have stepped on his toe too.

Yes that is possible too. Lui reminded of me when I was younger - awkward but earnest. Certainly at his age I expected him to be wiser when dealing with someone like Loong.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think he was sacked but pap do sense that he was an electoral liability.

It likely the dissolution of mk GRC by ERBC was probably their last ditch effort to retain him. By doing so, it won't appear embarrassing for him to be deployed in safe haven elsewhere as he won't be seen as running away from his likely opponent WP in mk GRC.

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....the idiotic oppo supporters really have cb mouths.....
when LTY did not resign, they will kpkb....
when he asks to step down, they also kpkb....
why can't they give the man a break...

basically, LTY got arse luck....
he was hit by a perfect storm......a confluence of factors coming together brought the ship down...
1. to start with, a flawed basic electrical network design...not robust enough...
2. outdated technology and lack of on line data logger to flag out early any trend of decreasing insulation resistance of the insulators allowing for timely preventive replacement
3. inadequate cleaning of the insulators allowing built up of mineral deposits with high chrolide content due to leaks in tunnel
4. heavy rain and leaks in tunnel resulting in wet environment
5. peak hours

it doesn't matter who is the Transport ministar......u hit a perfect storm...arse luck.....

Last edited: