• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong publish letters to avoid suspicions that he fired Lui Tuck Yew

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Before election, one by one resign..wahahhahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When is LHL turn's to resign?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My sentiments exactly. But you have to realize the timing and sequence of events indicate his demotion as being primarily motivated by electorial reasons. In the end, he is the convenient fall guy for the PAP's transportation woes, a pawn sacrificed for a superior position on the board. Farewell Lui, you will be missed.

I doubt he was fired since it'll impossible to find someone to fill the post. Unless they're looking for someone from the WP to take it up.

Vivian did a worse job as the cabinet minister for community development. And all he got was a transfer to area cleaning.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt he was fired since it'll impossible to find someone to fill the post. Unless they're looking for someone from the WP to take it up.

Vivian did a worse job as the cabinet minister for community development. And all he got was a transfer to area cleaning.

Half neh viv's case is different. He screwed up the budget for yog, but that did not personally affect the lives of hundreds of thousands of voters. Small lee has personally demoted wks and marboro tan to ordinary mp status due to public pressure from homeland security and housing. I am certain Lui's dismissal was no different. He was likely to have taken the demotion personally and requested to retire from politics altogether.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lui's dismissal was no different.

Simple management consideration: when you fire someone you need another to fill the post. Bearing in mind Fuck Yew was only there for one term... WhIch fool in the stable do you think can/is willing to step into that role? By firing Fuck Yew he has created a bigger problem for himself.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple management consideration: when you fire someone you need another to fill the post. Bearing in mind Fuck Yew was only there for one term... WhIch fool in the stable do you think can/is willing to step into that role? By firing Fuck Yew he has created a bigger problem for himself.

No problem too big when you can afford to pay for another one-term minister using other people's money.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Half neh viv's case is different. He screwed up the budget for yog, but that did not personally affect the lives of hundreds of thousands of voters. Small lee has personally demoted wks and marboro tan to ordinary mp status due to public pressure from homeland security and housing. I am certain Lui's dismissal was no different. He was likely to have taken the demotion personally and requested to retire from politics altogether.

He was hung out to dry.
The tonality of LTY's letters did not contain any warmth about this colleagues.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know of 3 reasons for an incumbent politician to quit before an election.
1. Health issues
2. Certain failure at the election
3. Forced out

Point 6 in the letter is very telling. They try to make it as obvious as possible but that is a sure sign of a lie. Very likely that the opposite is true. LHL must have told him he would not be in the Cabinet even if re-elected.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if he didn't, wanker lui would've become more of a liability, so best to send him packing and along with him, a few more familiar faces in lta and smrt - as they were equally ineffective.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTY 's stepping down from the Transport Minister 's post will definitely set tongues wagging. Rumors and speculation will spread like wild fire. And it did. PM Lee has to do the right thing to set the record straight by publishing the truth about LTY 's resignation. There is no need to make apology when there is none. But, you can see that PM Lee is filled with mixed feelings when he accepted LTY's resignation letter.

If he were LKY, I doubt he will need to appease the tongue-waggers and gossip-mongers.

Different person different stroke.

Last edited: