• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come Catholic High sec 4 still wearing shorts?

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese school tradition. Same as Chung Cheng High School, Chinese High and Maris Stella. Not sure about Dunman Secondary, though.

Hmm thought its 'Catholic'. I wonder how they would feel having to wear shorts all 4 years and especially during the JC period.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm thought its 'Catholic'. I wonder how they would feel having to wear shorts all 4 years and especially during the JC period.

You mean CJC ? CJC is a different constitution from Catholic High.

JC male students wear long pants.

Getting students to wear shorts is a means to treating them as kids in order to exert greater control over them. In the past it's common knowledge that the Chinese schools maintained a higher code of discipline.

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Getting students to wear shorts is a means to treating them as kids in order to exert greater control over them. In the past it's common knowledge that the Chinese schools maintained a higher code of discipline.

Hmm maybe MOE should implement this for other schools then. Plus since its so hot.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm maybe MOE should implement this for other schools then. Plus since its so hot.

They should make Poly students wear uniform.

Chinese schools used to be very strict - no leather sports shoes, no stripes, no logo. Only canvas Bata shoes. Not folding up of sleeves, no long hair, no sideburns, let alone Korean pretty boy haircut.

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should make Poly students wear uniform.

Chinese schools used to be very strict - no leather sports shoes, no stripes, no logo. Only canvas Bata shoes. Not folding up of sleeves, no long hair, no sideburns, let alone Korean pretty boy haircut.

I guess besides the discipline, those Chinese school style uniforms are economical because don't have to buy a new set upon reaching secondary three if they still fit?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess besides the discipline, those Chinese school style uniforms are economical because don't have to buy a new set upon reaching secondary three if they still fit?

Economical ? I don't think so. They are more expensive than those adopted by the English medium school. If you have seen Catholic, Chinese and Chung Cheng, they have got these metal buttons with pop-out pockets. They are definitely more costly.

I don't have a problem with Chinese schools insisting on their students wearing shorts even for those upper secondary students. My only gripe is the girls in those schools are being let off :smile: For that, Chung Cheng High is a mixed school. They should also make St Nicholas Girls wear shorts too.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
School uniform traditions. Just like why some girls' schools have pinafore uniforms, or reveal the armpits. :wink:

Chrysalid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maris Stella, I'm very sure. When I was in JC for the first few months, we had a couple of MS students in shorts. All white, if I remember correctly.

LOL it probably sucks during the first few months in JC when you're still in shorts like a kid when all the other guys wear long pants..