• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Loser Sinkie With First Class Honours Cannot Compete With Foreigners! Loser!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am a Singaporean degree holder who has graduated with first class honours from an established university. I even got a first position in my whole entire class for my thesis.

My CV is pretty ‘attractive’, according to the interviewers at the interviews I’ve attended, coupled with the 3 years of working experiences I have in the same industry.

However, till now, I am jobless despite applying to everything, even to jobs outside of my industry. You know why? The reason is simple – FTs are spoiling the market.

I was feeling really depressed when I couldn’t get anything.

So I went to Jobstreet and applied for the jobs there. Good thing about the site is you can actually see who else applied to the same job as you and what industry they come from, as well as the pay they are asking for.

To my dismay, I see 13 foreigners who have higher qualifications applying for the same job – a job that is willing to pay SGD $2,500 to 4,000.

Out of curiosity, I went to check it out. Guess what? All 13 of them are Masters holder and they are asking for WAY LOWER pay than me. I don’t mean $200-300 lower or anything like it.

One of them is a fresh grad with Masters and he/she is asking for RMB 3,500. That is only SGD $1,200+, mind you! Absurd right? That’s even lower than an ITE graduate’s pay.

Another one of them who has a Masters and 10 years of experience is only asking for SGD 2,500, which is the minimum that the job is paying for.

If these people are not spoiling the market, then I don’t know what else they are doing.

And it’s times like this that you start to doubt the credibility of their academic papers.

Because if they are indeed holding onto degree certs from credible institutions – ones whose school fees are expensive – they wouldn’t even be asking for these amount of pay. You don’t need to be genius to figure this out; it’s just common sense.

So @Just A Guy, perhaps you don’t feel it because you are not born here.

But let me tell you, for Singapore citizens who were born and lived here their whole entire lives, listening to their parents and teachers who tell them that if they study hard and get good results, they would get a good job and earn a lot of money, they would feel incredibly disappointed and letdown by Singapore’s current system.

And most importantly, they would actually be dismayed by the government’s lack of interest in protecting the citizens over the foreigners.

As a PRC, I’m sure you are currently enjoying life with a well-paying job – one that pays way better than what your home country has to offer.

Put yourself in our shoes before you post such a lengthy post because you do not understand our situation here.

http://www.transitioning.org/2015/0...ean-dont-blame-the-government-for-everything/

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2015/0...-more-labour-protection/#sthash.ZlWMrysD.dpuf

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So ...... JohnTan, if you are facing the same situation, what are you gonna do?
Would you like to see this happening to your next generation as well?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So ...... JohnTan, if you are facing the same situation, what are you gonna do?
Would you like to see this happening to your next generation as well?

Gee...I don't know. My professional position gives me the power to hire and fire people. I would very much like to hire the foreign PMETs as described in the article. They seem to be well-qualified, experienced and demand a much lower salary than a sinkie PMET who expects the world because of her first-class honours degree.

My son and daughter are both in elite schools. They are both on track to win prestigious PSC scholarships. I would say their professional paths will be a lot smoother than most sinkies.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gee...I don't know. My professional position gives me the power to hire and fire people. I would very much like to hire the foreign PMETs as described in the article. They seem to be well-qualified, experienced and demand a much lower salary than a sinkie PMET who expects the world because of her first-class honours degree.

My son and daughter are both in elite schools. They are both on track to win prestigious PSC scholarships. I would say their professional paths will be a lot smoother than most sinkies.

So ..... what happens that if your boss who also got much more power to hire and fire people and he told you to go back home to sleep because he did exactly what you thought?
Will you still be enjoying such scenario? Bear in mind that you now need to worry about $$$ for your kids going to the so called elite school?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So, you are admitting that your children won't have a future in the private sector. Their future lies in eating from the iron rice bowl funded by our tax dollars, not yours since you leeched more from us than pay into the public coffers.
May I wish Amos Yee to return the treatment you gave to him. You are a traitor.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a Singaporean degree holder who has graduated with first class honours from an established university. I even got a first position in my whole entire class for my thesis.

Next time if anybody claims that he has a First Class Honours from an established or reputable university, please go one step further and tell us the name of the university.

If he happens to be a Mumbai University graduate, then good riddance.

BTW, pay back time is just around the corner. Cast your vote wisely.

I have noticed that people who write Gilbert and appealing to the sympathy of the government are people who have voted for PAP and now feel they have been played out.

The people who have never voted for PAP know they can't rely on PAP to put food on their table. So they don't appeal for sympathy. They know the right time and right place to settle the score.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First class, double first, whatever, means nothing. The real world is a different battlefield. I worked with/for many from this category. None impressed me and uncle only 'O' level Cambridge grad.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First class, double first, whatever, means nothing. The real world is a different battlefield. I worked with/for many from this category. None impressed me and uncle only 'O' level Cambridge grad.

PAP never give you face. You should have been invited to attend NDP 50 as a veteran. Maybe because you didn't do any dirty work for them, that's why they forgot about you. Good on you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You were a poodle so your sample population may be skewed. The public sector is hardly the 'real world'.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you know why the pappies from National Day Rally onwards have been saying that a degree isn't that important. :wink:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
In the present situation, the fact that you are a sinkie in sinkieland already puts you at a disadvantage.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP never give you face. You should have been invited to attend NDP 50 as a veteran. Maybe because you didn't do any dirty work for them, that's why they forgot about you. Good on you.

They asked me to wear the old uniform and participate. I asked to be paid $7 an hr. They refused. I declined.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wow, brother [GoldenDragon], you have done very well, 'O' level, but senior officer with the SPF.
boleh lah, Abang

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They asked me to wear the old uniform and participate. I asked to be paid $7 an hr. They refused. I declined.

You very considerate ...just ask for $7/hr ...should ask for $100/hr. PAP is cheap ...$7/hr also don't pay. So much for their talk of recognition of veteran.